PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this?

GabrielleRose
November 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
While on Facebook I stumbled across this product called "Black 15in1", it apparently does 15 things in 1 such as, protects from UV light, enhances shine, "repairs" dry/damaged hair and or course 12 other things lol!

Here is the link in case you want to check it out:
https://black15in1.com/

Definitely sounds too good to be true, and it supposedly works because it has keratin and other stuff in it.

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this product?

lizdini
November 19th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Oh, I doubt if it's a miracle product. But it couldn't hurt to try if you're interested.

Violettwin
November 19th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Looks interesting, but i'm always sceptical of 'miracle products'! I was expecting it to be really really expensive though. I'm going to see if I can find any independant reviews.
Always interested in new hair products! Thanks for the link :)

GabrielleRose
November 19th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Oh, I doubt if it's a miracle product. But it couldn't hurt to try if you're interested.

I doubt it too, I was just wondering if anyone else has heard or tried this product. I'm honestly not interested in it, because the price is a little steep for me. A 3.3 oz is $20, and 1 oz is $10.

Amber_Maiden
November 19th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Seems a little to good to be true, if you ask me.

MJheals
November 19th, 2011, 02:48 PM
It's just a cone-y serum with a few natural products in it. Here's a link to the ingredient list (notice you can't find the ingredients anywhere on their site?)
http://www.antihairslave.com/2011/06/need-hair-miracle-try-this.html (it's the last comment on bottom of the page)

I wouldn't bother, with how expensive it is. You could just go buy a serum for a quarter the price. The power of the internet! ;) :D

Quixii
November 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
While it sounds to good to be true, I especially wouldn't trust it since the website doesn't even post an ingredients list of their product.

GabrielleRose
November 20th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Looks interesting, but i'm always sceptical of 'miracle products'! I was expecting it to be really really expensive though. I'm going to see if I can find any independant reviews.
Always interested in new hair products! Thanks for the link :)

It does look interesting, but I am also skeptical and the price is too much for me.

If you find reviews let us know.

I am also interested in new hair products as well, darn me for being a product junkie!

No problem!

Seems a little to good to be true, if you ask me.

I was thinking the same.

It's just a cone-y serum with a few natural products in it. Here's a link to the ingredient list (notice you can't find the ingredients anywhere on their site?)
http://www.antihairslave.com/2011/06/need-hair-miracle-try-this.html (it's the last comment on bottom of the page)

I wouldn't bother, with how expensive it is. You could just go buy a serum for a quarter the price. The power of the internet! ;) :D

I was thinking it would be cone-y serum.

Thanks for the ingredient list, and for the site not having them that also bothered me.

I'm not going to bother with the price, I seriously have spent so much on hair products it's sickening. I think I have a true problem... :(

But, yes, the power of the internet!!! Muahaha!!!

While it sounds to good to be true, I especially wouldn't trust it since the website doesn't even post an ingredients list of their product.

Exactly! That really bothers me when they don't post them.

MJheals
November 20th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I'm not going to bother with the price, I seriously have spent so much on hair products it's sickening. I think I have a true problem... :(

But, yes, the power of the internet!!! Muahaha!!!

I know what being a product junkie is like... I spent literally hundreds on hair products when I first started being more conscious of (and growing) my hair. It really slacked off for me about a year and a half in, and now I only use about four products total on my hair. :)

And that last bit made me lol! :D

GabrielleRose
November 23rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
I know what being a product junkie is like... I spent literally hundreds on hair products when I first started being more conscious of (and growing) my hair. It really slacked off for me about a year and a half in, and now I only use about four products total on my hair. :)

And that last bit made me lol! :D

I spent all of my paychecks basically on products.:( I also realized I have a problem, because my boyfriend say he feels so sad for me and it hurts him and makes him feel sick seeing me being all crazy over hair products. But I am just seriously conscious of growing my hair.

May I ask what 4 products you are using?

I'm glad I made you laugh! ;)

MJheals
November 23rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
I spent all of my paychecks basically on products.:( I also realized I have a problem, because my boyfriend say he feels so sad for me and it hurts him and makes him feel sick seeing me being all crazy over hair products. But I am just seriously conscious of growing my hair.

May I ask what 4 products you are using?

I'm glad I made you laugh! ;)

Aw, don't feel bad about it! There are FAR worse things to be 'addicted' to. ;)

The routine I settled on consists of two conditioners, a shampoo, and oil. :)
Super cleansing CO condish: http://www.sallybeauty.com/scalp-conditioner/CURCAR1,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH (I buy the gallon size from Sally Beauty for $6, lasts me months and months!)

Super moisturizing/shine-inducing condish (for the ends, after COwashing): http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/product-struct.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_HAIRCARE^FRUCT IS^FRUCTIS_DISCOVER^FRUCTIS_TRIPLE_NUTRITION^FRUCT IS_TRIPLE_NUTRITION_RTN2&prdcode=P41175

My shampoo for once-monthly pre-henna use: http://www.everydayshea.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2&idcategory=2 (got it at Whole Foods for like $5)

And the final product is oil, mostly coconut, but grapeseed and roasted walnut oils have both made their way into my mixes with good results.

One thing that really helped me to stop buying new products to try was realizing that I hardly ever used most of the stuff I already had. I had my staple products, which I used almost every time I washed my hair, and then I had about forty different products that didn't work as well as I wanted them to.
Of course, going no-cone drastically cut down on what I could buy, too!

And remember, as long as you aren't starving or something, who cares how you spend your own money! :D

GabrielleRose
November 23rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Aw, don't feel bad about it! There are FAR worse things to be 'addicted' to. ;)

The routine I settled on consists of two conditioners, a shampoo, and oil. :)
Super cleansing CO condish: http://www.sallybeauty.com/scalp-conditioner/CURCAR1,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH (I buy the gallon size from Sally Beauty for $6, lasts me months and months!)

Super moisturizing/shine-inducing condish (for the ends, after COwashing): http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/product-struct.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_HAIRCARE^FRUCT IS^FRUCTIS_DISCOVER^FRUCTIS_TRIPLE_NUTRITION^FRUCT IS_TRIPLE_NUTRITION_RTN2&prdcode=P41175

My shampoo for once-monthly pre-henna use: http://www.everydayshea.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2&idcategory=2 (got it at Whole Foods for like $5)

And the final product is oil, mostly coconut, but grapeseed and roasted walnut oils have both made their way into my mixes with good results.

One thing that really helped me to stop buying new products to try was realizing that I hardly ever used most of the stuff I already had. I had my staple products, which I used almost every time I washed my hair, and then I had about forty different products that didn't work as well as I wanted them to.
Of course, going no-cone drastically cut down on what I could buy, too!

And remember, as long as you aren't starving or something, who cares how you spend your own money! :D

You are absolutely right!

Thank you for posting your products. I was actually thinking of trying the Cure Care since my scalp has become so allergic to many things. I used to use Garnier's Triple Nutrition, but now it seems to leave me dull looking. :confused: I may try it again though, because it could've been the mix with the shampoo. As for the Everyday Shea, I used to use both the S&C and I LOVED that it made my hair feel so much thicker but it did not detangle very well. :(

I try to incorporate oil as a leave-in, but it seems that my hair just won't soak it up! The oil does work very well as a heavy oiling though.

Going no cone has definitely cut down on what I'm eyeballing lately.

RitaPG
November 23rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
I've learned enough to know by reading the ingredients if a product is any good or not. This depends immensely on what your hair responds well to, though; for example, mine does well with lots of oils and light cones; yet most of those "miracle" products, even the more regular serums, are LOADED with cones and have about one or two oils in the middle. So that one probably wouldn't be any good for me. I've read several comments from people with bleached hair, and they swear by those types of things.
What I'm trying to say is that I'd have to look at the ingredients first, I believe it is a good product for the right hairtype, although a little expensive, but I wouldn't buy it :p

MJheals
November 23rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
You are absolutely right!

Thank you for posting your products. I was actually thinking of trying the Cure Care since my scalp has become so allergic to many things. I used to use Garnier's Triple Nutrition, but now it seems to leave me dull looking. :confused: I may try it again though, because it could've been the mix with the shampoo. As for the Everyday Shea, I used to use both the S&C and I LOVED that it made my hair feel so much thicker but it did not detangle very well. :(

I try to incorporate oil as a leave-in, but it seems that my hair just won't soak it up! The oil does work very well as a heavy oiling though.

Going no cone has definitely cut down on what I'm eyeballing lately.

Yeah, the Cure Care is pretty great, my hair always feels totally clean after using it to COwash. They recently changed the recipe to make it thicker, so now I dilute it about 50:50 with water to wash with. It does have keratin(protein) in it, but not much. I've never noticed any issues with it, and my hair dislikes protein.

And you know, I didn't like GTN full strength... but diluted about 75% condish/25% water, it works pretty great for me. (I'm a cheapskate Capricorn, I dilute everything! ;) :p )

Oh yeah, I tried the Everyday Shea conditioner, it gave me zero slip! The shampoo is so gentle though, and perfect for what I need.

I had the same issue with oil, in that it didn't seem to soak up. The trick that seems to have worked for me is to oil right out of the shower, while my hair is still very wet. (sometimes I'll even wrap it back up in the towel for a few mins after I oil, to make sure I won't have clumpy hair)
Have you ever tried plain old shea butter as a leave in? I sometimes put on about a pea sized amount on dry hair at night, and my hair just drinks it in! :)

Yame
November 23rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Pretty bottle and nice marketing. Not that I believe it, but it's the sort of thing that works on people.

But $20 for 3.3oz, without an ingredient list? No, thanks.

GabrielleRose
November 23rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah, the Cure Care is pretty great, my hair always feels totally clean after using it to CO wash. They recently changed the recipe to make it thicker, so now I dilute it about 50:50 with water to wash with. It does have keratin(protein) in it, but not much. I've never noticed any issues with it, and my hair dislikes protein.

And you know, I didn't like GTN full strength... but diluted about 75% condish/25% water, it works pretty great for me. (I'm a cheapskate Capricorn, I dilute everything! ;) :p )

Oh yeah, I tried the Everyday Shea conditioner, it gave me zero slip! The shampoo is so gentle though, and perfect for what I need.

I had the same issue with oil, in that it didn't seem to soak up. The trick that seems to have worked for me is to oil right out of the shower, while my hair is still very wet. (sometimes I'll even wrap it back up in the towel for a few mins after I oil, to make sure I won't have clumpy hair)
Have you ever tried plain old shea butter as a leave in? I sometimes put on about a pea sized amount on dry hair at night, and my hair just drinks it in! :)

I love thick conditioners! My hair needs protein so whatever little my hair can get yay!

How come you didn't like GTN full strength?

If you like diluting more power to you! Saves you money too!

I make pick up the shampoo again, because I did enjoy but I'm the type of person that needs my products in sets. It bothers me to use different products together, unless it's a leave-in.

I'll have try putting oil in while my hair is soaking wet and wrap it for a bit or else I get the clumpiness as well.

I haven't tried shea butter, I may just have to try it.

Pretty bottle and nice marketing. Not that I believe it, but it's the sort of thing that works on people.

But $20 for 3.3oz, without an ingredient list? No, thanks.

I do like the bottle. :p

It is too much money for me, and the ingredients are a bunch of cones and I'm trying to go cone free.

MJheals
November 24th, 2011, 07:49 AM
<snip>
How come you didn't like GTN full strength?

If you like diluting more power to you! Saves you money too!

I make pick up the shampoo again, because I did enjoy but I'm the type of person that needs my products in sets. It bothers me to use different products together, unless it's a leave-in.

The GTN was just a little too heavy and thick, and my roots got kind of oily looking from it (I put it on roots to ends most times). I've actually used it to COwash a few times, but I had to dilute it half and half with water for it to work.

Haha, I'm all about saving money! It's the only reason I haven't switched completely to organic/natural products.

The only reason I'm not using the GTN shampoo as well as the conditioner is my allergy to sulfates, but I really liked my results the one time I had to use it... so that might be worth a shot. But yeah, I used to be the same way... I just like having matching products! :D

GabrielleRose
November 25th, 2011, 02:08 PM
The GTN was just a little too heavy and thick, and my roots got kind of oily looking from it (I put it on roots to ends most times). I've actually used it to COwash a few times, but I had to dilute it half and half with water for it to work.

Haha, I'm all about saving money! It's the only reason I haven't switched completely to organic/natural products.

The only reason I'm not using the GTN shampoo as well as the conditioner is my allergy to sulfates, but I really liked my results the one time I had to use it... so that might be worth a shot. But yeah, I used to be the same way... I just like having matching products! :D

Oh ok. It does seem like it could be heavy at times.

I had to use some last night at my boyfriend's and he didn't have the matching shampoo and I had to use Nexxus Therappe. I HATE IT!!! My scalp was burning and itchy, and my hair looks really ugly today too. :( I seriously need to find something that makes me hair happy.

I really love the concept of organic products, but they are sooooooooooooo expensive!

MJheals
November 25th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Oh ok. It does seem like it could be heavy at times.

I had to use some last night at my boyfriend's and he didn't have the matching shampoo and I had to use Nexxus Therappe. I HATE IT!!! My scalp was burning and itchy, and my hair looks really ugly today too. :( I seriously need to find something that makes me hair happy.

I really love the concept of organic products, but they are sooooooooooooo expensive!

You'll find your staples eventually, it just takes some time. The best thing to do is look at the ingredients of products that do and don't work, and see what the differences are. That's how I realized my hair absolutely hated cones, and that I was allergic to SLS.

Another detractor for organic products is that it's incredibly difficult to find conditioners that are formulated right, and provide the moisture and slip that I need. I've been seriously considering making my own, but it's a pretty big undertaking.

GabrielleRose
November 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM
You'll find your staples eventually, it just takes some time. The best thing to do is look at the ingredients of products that do and don't work, and see what the differences are. That's how I realized my hair absolutely hated cones, and that I was allergic to SLS.

Another detractor for organic products is that it's incredibly difficult to find conditioners that are formulated right, and provide the moisture and slip that I need. I've been seriously considering making my own, but it's a pretty big undertaking.

Well, I actually tried some Pantene tonight since my local grocery store was having a pretty good deal of buy 2 shampoo or conditioner and get a styling product for free. :cheese: I picked up the fine solutions fragile to strong shampoo and conditioner, and the split-end repair cream.

So far no more scalp itchies, and no clumpiness. I hope it looks good and feels good once its completely dry.

MJheals
November 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Well, I actually tried some Pantene tonight since my local grocery store was having a pretty good deal of buy 2 shampoo or conditioner and get a styling product for free. :cheese: I picked up the fine solutions fragile to strong shampoo and conditioner, and the split-end repair cream.

So far no more scalp itchies, and no clumpiness. I hope it looks good and feels good once its completely dry.

Coolness, got my fingers crossed. :) Do let us know if you've found some staples!

GabrielleRose
November 26th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Coolness, got my fingers crossed. :) Do let us know if you've found some staples!

Well, the products left my blonette hair brighter and SUPER soft, but I don't like how my hair looks. But in fairness I am sick so that's probably why I'm having a bad hair day. I also slept with it up most of the night, and then took it down so I guess all that rolling around didn't help out lol!

beccababesx
December 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Like everyone else, I'm sceptical, but a UV hair spray is a good thing, I love mine, has really made a difference, even in rainy Scotland :p