PDA

View Full Version : Oil for your hair

SopphireGem
November 19th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Hey everyone :)
I was wondering; is rapeseed oil good for your hair? Which oil is best for your hair?

Kelikea
November 19th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I don't know about rapeseed. Coconut oil is supposed to be very good for your hair and very good for oil-shampoo. It actually can be absorbed into the hair. Just add a little to your shampoo and a little extra to your ends if they are dry.

sbhonda
November 19th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Based on what I remember from the field crops course I took and was a TA for in college, I believe canola is a type of rapeseed. At least some canola anyway. So rapeseed oil may not all be the same as canola oil, but I would guess it is very similar.

Personally, coconut oil is the best oil I've tried. Both for my hair and my arms/legs/anywhere that isn't prone to breaking out. It seems to soak in better than any other oil I've used, I believe because the fatty acid chains are shorter and saturated, so they are smaller.

Amber_Maiden
November 19th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Best I ever tried was avocado oil.

Copasetic
November 19th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Hey everyone :)
I was wondering; is rapeseed oil good for your hair? Which oil is best for your hair?

It really depends on your hair. Shea butter works wonders on my hair.

Aredhel77
November 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Try it and see? Don't overdo it though, just a drop or two, at least to start and see how your hair gets on. I think rapeseed might be an oil that doesn't penetrate the hair so much so it might be good for smoothness & shine.

spidermom
November 19th, 2011, 10:35 AM
My hair likes both coconut oil and extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO).

shikara
November 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Not to say it woukdnt be good since I dont know but i have never seen that in lists of oils that are bebeficial for hair and scalp. You probably know many - olive, castor, rosemary, neem, tea tree, jojoba, coconut..........google hair oil benefits if you havent already. I think there is also an article here on LHC.