PDA

View Full Version : no heat, no product spiral curls

bna_rapunzel
November 18th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry I can't post the pictures in the post, but they're added into my picture album if you would like to see.
I curled my stick straight hair today, and the curl held... with me using no heat, no product, no tools, no socks, just my fingers!
No damage ringlet curls! :D

I'm so excited I succeeded on my very first no-heat curling attempt! :D

ccmso12
November 18th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Couldn't see the pics, but I do this usually once a month, and no one believes me that all I do is twirl a chunck of hair around a finger. I divide my hair into 4 sections twirl-wait-retwirl-wait-retwirl ect till dry, then divide the peices.

I love how they stay defined and soft without any product weighing them down

Amiblue
November 18th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Can't see them either/ :(

moon2dove
November 19th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Can't see any picture album on your profile page :(

bna_rapunzel
November 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'm sad you guys can't see them. I wonderr why... I can see them. :/ I'm off to fix this issue!

Fairlight63
November 19th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I also can't see any album pictures:(

bna_rapunzel
November 19th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I can't figure out how to fix it right now but I will keep trying. There are a couple pictures in there :/ sorry to get your hopes up guys! This thread can be deleted and I'll just post them in a thread later.

:)

truepeacenik
November 19th, 2011, 02:03 PM
How about telling the method? Pretty please?

bna_rapunzel
November 19th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Its kind of hard to explain... but...
I found it here on the LHC as a thread about "no heat curls hait tutorial YT" or something similar to that. Beautyklove teaches the tutorial. Basically, you get a small amount of hair, grab it 3/4 of the way up, twist it once around your index finger so it makes a loop around your finger, then spiral your hair around itself, make a slipknot at the end by pulling of the ends of your hair through but not all the way, leaving a bit to pull and release the curl, and pull your twisted hair over the slipknot, leaving the end you pull sticking out just a little. Let the "cocoons" sit for 2-3 hours, then pull the end, revealing ringlet, spiral curls. She explains it a LOT better, I'm sorry :/
It brought my tb length hair up to waist/hip. They were sooo pretty :D
They lasted all night with NO product, I slept on them and woke up with relaxed, beachy waves. :) I will use this method from now on and highly recommend it! :)

krissykins
November 19th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Are your albums public or private? =/

jaine
November 19th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Click on your album. Then click "Edit Album" in the upper left. Make it public. Then we can see your pictures!

PixxieStix
November 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Ooooo, I remember that video! Once my hair is long enough to try it, I can't wait! Glad to hear it worked well for your straight hair, that gives me hope for mine some day. :D

bna_rapunzel
November 19th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Fixed it??:)

Heartwillfollow
November 19th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Fixed it??:)

beautiful hair !!! :) curls came out really nice for you !!!! "thanks for shareing"

bna_rapunzel
November 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
beautiful hair !!! :) curls came out really nice for you !!!! "thanks for shareing"

Aww thank you! I was so sad it wasn't working. *blonde moment* :)

SoulOfTheSea
November 19th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Can we have the link to this tutorial? :)

Chayliana
November 19th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Yes, a link please! I can't view photo albums here yet, but am very intrigued by this method & the results. Ringlets/spiral curls & beautiful beachy waves have always been my dream hair, but I'm stuck with baby fine & stick straight.

laura85
November 20th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Looks great!

bna_rapunzel
November 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Yes, a link please! I can't view photo albums here yet, but am very intrigued by this method & the results. Ringlets/spiral curls & beautiful beachy waves have always been my dream hair, but I'm stuck with baby fine & stick straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAPHSAPshJE

There you go :) my hair doesn't hold curl at all... this is the first time I've ever seen curl hold in my hair with no heat or product! I love this method!

bna_rapunzel
November 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Looks great!

Thank you!! :)

julliams
November 20th, 2011, 06:35 PM
There is a somewhat current thread on this very technique. It doesn't work for me because I can't get the ends to curl with the curl. Your results are very good.

homeeduk8tor
November 24th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I just tried the cocooning method and it worked really well for me. It was easy to do and my curls looked pretty decent. I love not using any product or heat on my hair so I think I'll consistently use this technique from now on.

bna_rapunzel
November 24th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I just tried the cocooning method and it worked really well for me. It was easy to do and my curls looked pretty decent. I love not using any product or heat on my hair so I think I'll consistently use this technique from now on.

Isn't it amazing?? I was so happy with the end result and it was only my first try! :D

SoulOfTheSea
November 24th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I tried this method for work on Monday. I did the cocoons on Sunday night, and I woke up with nice curls. The only thing I didn't like was how it made my ends look... with a crimp.

BlondieHepburn
November 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I just watched the video and this method looks amazing! I'll definitely be trying this in the near future.

Arrow
November 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I tried it and it worked for me too :0)

Anywhere
November 24th, 2011, 04:06 PM
The original thread is here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81868&highlight=cocoon&page=2) for anyone that wants to glance at it, by the way.

coffinhert
November 25th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I used to do the exact same thing all the time, lately I've switched to pin curls becuase I like it a little more, but I did finger ringlets for about 4 yrs :)