PDA

View Full Version : T&E

W2
November 18th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I bought a couple of spin pins on line - got them today.

Tried them on - and then tried to take them out again. That was not easy.
They were coated with some kind of black stuff, but just by putting them in and them touching each other, some of the coating peeled of. So now they lie in the trash - good thing they weren't that expensive! :(

pepperminttea
November 18th, 2011, 10:12 AM
:( Eek, where did you get them? Were they the Goody brand spin pins?

Amber_Maiden
November 18th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Sounds very fishy... not cool.

FrozenBritannia
November 18th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I don't think they were goody... I have the goody ones and there is no coating on them at all, and they are very easy to remove. I do have the blond ones though? It does say on the package though that they are not meant to touch in the hair, but mine often do because I don't have enough hair for them not to, and I still find them easy to remove.

torrilin
November 18th, 2011, 11:38 AM
The Goody ones do actually have a coating. That's how they make the metal appear blonde or brunette. It takes a lot of frequent wear and pretty hefty interlocking to get it to chip and wear off tho. I find they're very worth the money, since I can be really rough on them and the coating will last months.

Panth
November 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM
My Goody ones have a blonde coating which I've only worn little chips into in about 2-3 months of heavy (near-daily) use. I guess you just got one of the worse knock-off versions?

FrozenBritannia
November 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Oh I thought the blonde ones were just the natural colour of the metal. *blush* Guess I didn't look too closely!

teal
November 18th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Word to the wise, the coating comes off a lot sooner if you wear it into the pool. I discovered that and just set those ones aside for pool use. When they're no longer usable I'll replace them.

MissManda
November 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have three spin pin knock-offs from Conair (I think the packaging said they were Pin Twirls). They are coated in black enamel that's been eroding away since I got them in August/September. They're still usable, but but they won't last nearly as long as I'd hoped.

I can't find the Goody brand anywhere in my city since all of the stores I've been to have the Conair ones, so I suppose I'm going to have to look elsewhere for them.