PDA

View Full Version : Apple cider vinegar

miss legs
November 18th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Hi I started to infuse acv with fresh herbs like sage.I am growing herbs and the next herbs to infuse with acv will be catnip and alfalfa.Is the anyone on LHC who does this?

GettingThere
November 18th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Me! Me! Well, sorta;) I used to do this with white vinegar. I would run it through my coffee maker (I have just for hair use -I don't drink coffee) and put in catnip, rosemary and occasoinally patchouli for the scent. I let it brew for several hours then strain through a coffee filter. I liked the results but recently switched to ACV and have not done it with that yet. Once I even infused the white vinegar with a camomille tea bag! I may just have to go home and make some infused ACV tonight:)

Amber_Maiden
November 18th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I don't, but that sounds like a really cool idea!

holothuroidea
November 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Stuff like this makes me want to :happydance:

I haven't though to infuse it into the vinegar itself but I have made rinses by making infusions of chamomile, lavender and or rosemary and added the vinegar to that. I only use a small amount of vinegar in rinses so I don't think I'd get the full benefits of the herbs if they were only in the vinegar.

krissykins
November 18th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I put rosemary and chamomile in my ACV. :)

LornaDoone
November 18th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I infuse my ACV with chamomile tea bags. I also use catnip tea on my hair, but I have never put the catnip in the ACV. I'll have to think about that. :)

katie2786
April 14th, 2012, 06:50 PM
So...if I have some dried Chamomile, I can just put it in the ACV/water mix I keep in my shower?! That would be lovely...

Teazel
April 14th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I scent my ACV with rosemary, but I don't heat it. I just put rosemary spikes into a bottle, fill it with ACV, screw the lid on and leave it in the sun for a few weeks.

I've posted this picture before, but might as well do it again. :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1420&pictureid=24242

writer_mom
April 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
I did a straight avc rinse and followed it with a chamomile and peppermint tea (16 fl. oz., three tea bags each herb) after. It has worked well for me so far. I have been doing the tea rinse for a few days, and the gold undertones in my hair are showing nicely. :D