PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a hard time picturing getting to waist and beyond?

lora410
July 8th, 2008, 12:18 PM
For us shorter hairs out there do you have a hard time picture waist and beyond hair on you? Sometimes I feel like my dream of hip and beyond hair is like an illusion? Not like we will cut before we get there, but more as if it is only a dream to grow that long. I just have a hard time picturing myself there and it feels sooo far away becuase I have never grown that long before:o

crebbsgirl
July 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
lora, you're not alone here. It does seem like I won't ever reach my hair goals sometimes. But then I remind myself that I need to be patient and it will happen in the fullness of time and all that jazz. I have a hard time picturing waist and beyond on me as well. :)

Radulfr
July 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I have a hard time picturing it on me, stuck at mid-back for the longest time. I wish it would grow just a few more inches to prove it can. :)
That final six inches or so is a long long way.

jivete
July 8th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Shoot, I have a hard time picturing bra strap. Waist seems impossible.

Siava
July 8th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Yes and no.

No because I've been at waist before. Although it was 14 years ago I know I can do it again.

Yes because I've never been past waist and picturing it longer seems like wishful thinking.

But, I'm a patient person. We'll see how it goes. :)

lora410
July 8th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I have a hard time picturing it on me, stuck at mid-back for the longest time. I wish it would grow just a few more inches to prove it can. :)
That final six inches or so is a long long way.

I am in a spurt right now but it still takes like forever since I knwo I stall for long periods. My last stall was 7 month long!!!!

lora410
July 8th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Yes and no.

No because I've been at waist before. Although it was 14 years ago I know I can do it again.

Yes because I've never been past waist and picturing it longer seems like wishful thinking.

But, I'm a patient person. We'll see how it goes. :)

yeah, I have never been there. And if I have I never paid attention to how far long I was. I do know I have gotten atleast a few inches past BSL

lora410
July 8th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Shoot, I have a hard time picturing bra strap. Waist seems impossible.

It took me a year to grown from an inche before APL to where I am now :thud: I can image the other 6" will be yet another year.

ladystar
July 8th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I am not that far from waist but it seems like its stuck in the same spot for a couple of months now. It feels like I will never get to waist. I can be impatient and it drives me crazy sometimes. That's why I started picking it so I can see growth in a couple of month and hopefully be at waist finally!!!

nappywomyn
July 8th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yes!!! I can - imagine myself with hair that long - I can see it, and feel it's weight, and (I've got a good imagination) drool over my future hair toy collection.
But sometimes (and I try to nip it in the bud as much as I can) I doubt that those visions will ever be REALITY.

Then I remind myself that I've come a LONG way it two years, and I'm 'giving' myself 11 years to reach my goal (from bald) and - danngone it, I can DO IT!!!!!

MsBubbles
July 8th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Well I PICTURE it all the time, but the sensible part of my personality keeps hissing 'it'll never get past BSL!'. I never had it longer than BSL before. But I got to BSL this time around in what feels like no time at all, so maybe I can get to waist. As for hips...that's just a far off fantasy!

lora410
July 8th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Yes!!! I can - imagine myself with hair that long - I can see it, and feel it's weight, and (I've got a good imagination) drool over my future hair toy collection.
But sometimes (and I try to nip it in the bud as much as I can) I doubt that those visions will ever be REALITY.

Then I remind myself that I've come a LONG way it two years, and I'm 'giving' myself 11 years to reach my goal (from bald) and - danngone it, I can DO IT!!!!!

wow I can't imagine growing from bald and the patience it takes. yes you shall get to your goal :flower:

lora410
July 8th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I am not that far from waist but it seems like its stuck in the same spot for a couple of months now. It feels like I will never get to waist. I can be impatient and it drives me crazy sometimes. That's why I started picking it so I can see growth in a couple of month and hopefully be at waist finally!!!

I'd cut my toe off for your length, ok not really but i wish I was at your length. My last stall was 7 months long and stuck at slightly past APL and then overnight it seems I jumped to BSL.

nappywomyn
July 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM
wow I can't imagine growing from bald and the patience it takes. yes you shall get to your goal :flower:

I 'call' it bald, because I had the bright idea to first BLEACH and then (oh, under two hours later) DYE my very fine, curly hair, bright red. *sigh*
I ended up cutting all of the colored hair off within a year, so while I wasn't bareheaded, I really did start with nothing, as none of the colored hair counts, now.

And I"m SO impatient, too! *sigh* :meditate: It's a good learning experience for me, that's for danggone sure! :lol:

Tangles
July 8th, 2008, 02:15 PM
This is an interesting post to me as it touches upon a problem I've been having: namely, convincing myself that I can have what I want, though I can see only the barest outlines of the final result.

It's not that I can't envision myself with waist length, or tailbone, or even classic hair; it's just that I can't envision the details, because I'm so nervous about attaining what I want: having those lengths be healthy, with a thick, blunt hemline, and either relatively straighter (my waves pulled down by the length) or curlier (more ringlet-y) than what I have now. I'm going to have to make some tricky decisions as I grow (layers? strict no-cones regimen? encourage wave or not?) and that makes it difficult to envision me being happy with my final result.

To make an analogy, it's kind of like asking yourself if you can see yourself (graduating from school? getting married? owning a business? buying a house?) in the future. Of course you can see yourself doing those things, in a general sort of way. It's just that the prospect of the decisions that must be made along the way starts overshadowing that image of final contentment. At least, that's what it's like in my thought process.

Ohio Sky
July 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Im one of those lucky ones who has to grow about 6" more hair to hit landmarks than most because of my height. My hair grows pretty fast- I was about 1" from brushing BSL when LHC came back up and now Im a good 2" below BSL even though I trimmed about 1/2" off in there somewhere, but Im still like 6" away from waist. It seems like BSL and waist are only a few inches apart for most.

So, yeah, it seems like I will never get there, but I have had hip length locks before so hopefully I can be patient enough to do it again :o

peachy.pudding
July 8th, 2008, 02:47 PM
what an excellent poll, thank you!

I thought recently that my hair was not growing and shoulder length takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I am now approaching bsl and for the first time i feel like my hair has grown and i can see my goals, i just worry about shedding, fairytales, growth rest etc.

Islandgrrl
July 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I can totally see the waist length hair. It's not that far off in the future, I don't think. Probably just about 6 months. I can remember how it feels, how it looks. I have to just be patient a little while longer!

Riot Crrl
July 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Im one of those lucky ones who has to grow about 6" more hair to hit landmarks than most because of my height. My hair grows pretty fast- I was about 1" from brushing BSL when LHC came back up and now Im a good 2" below BSL even though I trimmed about 1/2" off in there somewhere, but Im still like 6" away from waist. It seems like BSL and waist are only a few inches apart for most.

So, yeah, it seems like I will never get there, but I have had hip length locks before so hopefully I can be patient enough to do it again :o

I'm the opposite. I think I have the weirdest, shortest torso and tallest hipbones in the universe. I was just at BSL and now I'm like 2" from can I call this waist. My bra is like 4" above my hip bones, lol.

But I will probably have to stand behind you at the rock concert, so there's that.

I answered "Nope, I have been there so it shouldn't be a problem"

Alaskanheart
July 8th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Yup.Ive been at a stand still for about 3 months now, had an inch trim and I'm happy I did it, but I do wonder if my hair will ever start growing again or if this is as long as its going to get, especially since Ive been on a medication and I stopped growing around the same time I started taking it.I might have to be on it for along time, possibly forever.Positively though I know I'm doing alot less damage to my hair so I hope that helps my hair to grow and not break off as fast.I think I might start growing again, because my shed has decreased recently, and it seems like I grow length faster when I'm not shedding as much.I will be ecstatic when I reach the bottom of my bra strap, yes maybe in my dreams.

Ohio Sky
July 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
But I will probably have to stand behind you at the rock concert, so there's that.

LOL even I know what thats like. No matter how tall you are, theres always someone taller than you right in front of you. And they usually like to elbow you in the head. :o

sedonia
July 8th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I've never had my hair longer than BSL so I have no idea what its potential is. :-(

nappywomyn
July 8th, 2008, 03:30 PM
This is an interesting post to me as it touches upon a problem I've been having: namely, convincing myself that I can have what I want, though I can see only the barest outlines of the final result.

It's not that I can't envision myself with waist length, or tailbone, or even classic hair; it's just that I can't envision the details, because I'm so nervous about attaining what I want: having those lengths be healthy, with a thick, blunt hemline, and either relatively straighter (my waves pulled down by the length) or curlier (more ringlet-y) than what I have now. I'm going to have to make some tricky decisions as I grow (layers? strict no-cones regimen? encourage wave or not?) and that makes it difficult to envision me being happy with my final result.

To make an analogy, it's kind of like asking yourself if you can see yourself (graduating from school? getting married? owning a business? buying a house?) in the future. Of course you can see yourself doing those things, in a general sort of way. It's just that the prospect of the decisions that must be made along the way starts overshadowing that image of final contentment. At least, that's what it's like in my thought process.

That does make sense, but to help you - you'll grow into those decisions. It's funny, I look back over the hair choices I've made (keeping a journal is a fabulous thing!) and I've noticed that I've almost organically changed what I do, because my hair told me so. :lol: I'm a bit of a product junkie, as well, but my hair DOES communicate so well with me.
And I have to remember - nothing (besides cutting and chemicals) is really PERMANENT. I can play around with adding a few more cones, or trying to enhance my curls - and if it works, wonderful, if it doesn't, I'll put it to the side, and try again later (maybe. Depending on how bad the failure was) :lol:
Thankfully, hair does grow slow. So, all those choices should be spread out enough that it won't be as overwhelming at the moment you have to decide as it is at this moment, looking at all of those choices collapsed into an instant.

:flowers:

VanillaTresses
July 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Some days I do feel like it is only a dream. After all, I have never grown my hair down to waist before so I am not sure that it is possible for me (scary thought).

ladystar
July 8th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I'd cut my toe off for your length, ok not really but i wish I was at your length. My last stall was 7 months long and stuck at slightly past APL and then overnight it seems I jumped to BSL.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Your toe? lol No way Maybe I will cut it for classic :D.

Hey we don't need it!!! Your really not that far from me, you are already at BSL:p.

Naluin
July 8th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I 'call' it bald, because I had the bright idea to first BLEACH and then (oh, under two hours later) DYE my very fine, curly hair, bright red. *sigh*
I ended up cutting all of the colored hair off within a year, so while I wasn't bareheaded, I really did start with nothing, as none of the colored hair counts, now.

And I"m SO impatient, too! *sigh* :meditate: It's a good learning experience for me, that's for danggone sure! :lol:

Nappywomyn, I did that too! :lol: Except I had bleached my hair because I decided that I felt like having gray/silver hair and after the silver wasn't working anymore, I applied more chemicals and then the red dye. A month later I was like "oh, well, better cut it all off then."

As for the question, I can see myself at waist, if I think about it. Actually, images of knee have been popping into my head over the past month or so. Since I'm a curly that's barely at shoulder, knee feels like getting ahead of myself, but the thought did just appear in my head of its own accord, so maybe that's a sign? :D

Maybe it's my hair trying to communicate with me: "be good to me and i can do this for you..." If that's the case, then I say "deal!" :deal:

skeena
July 8th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I was close to waist when I had to trim and the trim made me lose a lot of length thanks to my hair shrinking when it dried. I was so bummed about the loss of length and it's taking forever to get it back.

I can't even imagine how nice it'll be. I tilt my head back sometimes to feel what it'll feel like to have hair that long lol.

Magicknthenight
July 8th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I voted "Somedays I feel like only in a dream it will grow that long"

Very true!!! Though recently i looked in the mirror and was really excited since i'm so close:p. I guess i have been dreaming about it for too long! For some reason when i first came here i always thought of waist length as hip length. :confused:
Not very long till i hit waist and i'm so excited but it takes so long sometimes i feel like i'll never get there. This is a good test of patience!! Now that i'm wearing it up more and stopping myself from checking the length in the mirror everyday it seems to finially be growing!:D

paper
July 9th, 2008, 07:03 AM
The last time I had waist length hair, I was 12! So, yes it seems like a dream to have it that long again.

MsBubbles
July 9th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I was close to waist when I had to trim and the trim made me lose a lot of length thanks to my hair shrinking when it dried. I was so bummed about the loss of length and it's taking forever to get it back.

Skeena: how long ago did you do the trim? Hang in there! I was interested in what you said because I will need to trim at some point and am not looking forward to losing any length. I think I lied to myself - "If I can just get to BSL, THEN I'll start tidying up the ends". Yeah right. Healthy at waist is my goal but yes sometimes I believe it won't ever happen. Oh well.

Paper: Your updo looks great!

wintersun99
July 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Cheese!
O.k. really I don't think about waist and beyond because (at this point) I don't envision that happening, I'm just struggling to get to MBL (with a very long way to go!) I won't say that I will not grow beyond MBL-Waist, but have no way of really knowing until I get there :)

lora410
July 9th, 2008, 12:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Your toe? lol No way Maybe I will cut it for classic :D.

Hey we don't need it!!! Your really not that far from me, you are already at BSL:p.

Not quite yet bsl but I am creeping there I have almost an inch more hair them my current siggy.

jojo
July 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I was waist length only 2.5 years ago, so I see no problems in me reaching it again. I am hoping to be there this time next year, hopefully!

Most peoples hair will grow to waist, now classic length is the one I have never been at and find it hard to see myself at that length but I am going to try and get there!

thankyousir74
July 9th, 2008, 03:51 PM
i actually had a dream that my hair was hip length. it looked so pretty :D but yeah idk, i had a hard time imagining it would ever get to shoulder length and now it is.

I'm just glad that hair grows and occasionally my length creeps up on me.

rhosyn_du
July 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I often have trouble imagining myself with hair that long, despite the fact that I've had waist-length hair before. I just never noticed it was that long until years later looking at pictures. For some reason, I always remember it as being around APL or BSL.

paper
July 10th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Paper: Your updo looks great!

Thanks so much!

sexyjacksparrow
July 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Yes, I can never imagine what my hair would look like at waist as it's never grown past APL before and has mainly been shoulder length or shorter.

Kerry xx

30isthenewblack
July 13th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Having afro curly hair has always made it harder to grow longer as my hair springs up about four or five inches. I have not seen many women with my hair type reach past bsl curly. At the moment, my hair when I pull it straight is only about three inches away from being waist and it is almost the same length as 'ladystar'. However, it's not bsl curly as yet because of the spring factor. I think that bsl curly is such a mental block for me and I know if I can get past this, then waist will come a long quicker.

I think I sabotage my hair growth or hairdressers have done it for me which is why I will never let a hairdresser cut my hair ever again. The most I have asked a hairdresser to trim my hair is an inch but the last hairdresser cut at least three inches off my hair. For the first time with the support of LHC, I can envision my hair being at least BSL curly with the ends looking healthy for the first time.

skydancer7
July 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM
LOL I am still giggling about the cheese!! It is so true. That is my number one coping mechanism.

Anyway, I believe that I can make it with the support of this community and with miniature goals. My current miniature goal is:

DO NOT dye your hair with henna, chemical, or otherwise, for one month!

I have 2 weeks to go :)

I am obsessive enough that if I just channel my hair obsession constructively, I can keep from dying and chopping. Thanks to all of you!

~H

RavennaNight
July 13th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Well, I know its growing, the roots rear their ugly heads fast enough,:rolleyes: and I remember when my hair barely covered my upper-back tattoo, and now its just passed BSL. It seems like forever! Some days I think it still looks really short, and can't imagine waist. Then I'm in the shower, and my wet hair feels like its reaching new places on my back it has never journeyed to before. I think its really a half full/half empty issue.:confused: I just have to stay positive about it.:p

Monsterkitti
July 14th, 2008, 09:21 AM
My hair has really grown since my last cut and that kind of make me feel like BSL and maybe even waist length is possible but it does feel like an awful long way to go :)

tigerlily83
July 15th, 2008, 06:47 PM
No...because I've been at waist length before, even though it was a LONG time ago (think back to kindergarten!). More recently (past 5 yrs) I've been around BSL.

NurseMama
July 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM
My hair has been waist length 4x in my life. Most recently was a couple of years ago when I cut it to it's current length because I thought that it would be easier to manage when I entered nursing school. Funny thing is, I still treat it like I did when it was long so I am pretty sure that it didn't save me any time.

I have cut my hair and donated to locks of love twice now... I think I have too much gray (under the henna) to donate anymore though so I guess next stop is tailbone!

DecafJane
July 21st, 2008, 10:15 PM
I have had something funny lately - in my head, my hair is shorter than it is in reality. When I take a length shot, or see myself in the mirror at home when it is down, I almost do a double-take.
When it gets to waist, I probably won't feel like it is there. :p

Chromis
July 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
No. Even though my hair had not been that long before I had absolutely no trouble picturing it that long! Similarly, I'm at almost classic now and have no worries about reaching that point or concern over how fast it is growing. My hair does grow quickly, but I figure it'll still get there when it gets there!

Marcipangris
July 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
Sometimes I have a hard time imagining that length, even though I have tons of old photos of myself at 12 year old at TBL. I imagine that it will look scraggly and stringy and cling to my head like it did when I was a kid. But then I have to tell myself that I didn't take very good care of my hair when I was 12, so hopefully it will look better this time.

Delenn
July 25th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I was BSL when I joined LHC so I'm answering from that perspective, I wasn't worried about it because I had waist length hair in the past. Growing past waist was what I was curious about because thinking back all those years ago it seemed like it stopped growing at my waist. But now I'm creeping up on TB so I'm excited!

missbexy
July 25th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I've wanted it my whole life and definately can't see it happening, but i'll refuse to cut my hair anyway.

Woot you love B5!! And have nearly TB length hair. You're definately in my good books. Go Delenn

sassystyle
July 25th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I don't much worry about how long my hair is because right now it's the longest it's ever been (BSL). Anything from here on out is exciting and new lol. I can't picture what I'll look like with longer hair, it will be interesting to see it when it gets there each step of the way.

bgarrison
July 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
i'm probably in the minority here, but i'm not sure i want it that long. i've had it there several times before, mainly from benign neglect, and between the weight, the work and my height (5' nothing) i think it might be too much hair for me.

so it's not hard to imagine, i'm just not sure i want to go there again. we'll see. i'm just glad it's thickening up again after some health issues. one thing i don't want is to be bald. unless i choose it, which i've considered. ;) i like that look too.

JessTheMess
July 25th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I feel like I've been bsl FOREVERRRRR. But that is because I had to chop off around 3". I know its growing in its own time, but it would be nice if it would hurry up the pace a bit :)

RedCardigan
July 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Yes. That's the longest I've ever had it. Then I slowly started cutting it shorter and shorter and finally had a HUGE chop last fall. It seems to be taking forever to grow out this time 'round probably because I'm starting from a really short, majorly layered and razored cut.

zen_oven
July 27th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Sometimes it seems that way. A lot of the time I feel like my hair's not growing, though I know that's not really true. Right now I'm just aiming for BSL and once I get there I'll focus on getting it to my waist. It's less discouraging if I try to concentrate on finding the methods and products that work best for me--if I focus on those things a couple months will pass and I'll have more length!

burns_erin
July 28th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I have been to classic once, tb a couple of times and waist several times, so I know it can be done. Right now it is just a matter of making myself go through the awkward stages.

nessthing
July 28th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I never really tried picturing it a lot, but now that I've passed it I don't think any imaginary hair fantasies I had looked like what waist actually was. Weird hair.

plainjanegirl
July 30th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I have been at waist for a long time now and I think it is stuck there. How long can you get in a non growth spurt?

spidermom
July 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I'm past the lengths you asked about, but I have a similar attitude about ever getting to tailbone or classic. I keep having to trim trashed ends back, even though I'm careful about my hair. Sometimes I think that hip length is the final length, which is o.k., although I'd like to experience classic length at least once in my life.

CurlyNinja
July 30th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I have a hard time visualizing my goals sometimes. It's just really far away time.

Cereus
July 30th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Even though I am only a couple of inches away I still don't think that it will ever get that long. Maybe because it has never been that long. Maybe it has stopped growing. I'm still resisting trimming.

willowcandra
July 31st, 2008, 01:24 AM
I knew I could get to classic having been there as a child. But I started out with a pixie and I was just so desperate for it to grow.

Now I am maintaining classic but I daydream about someday going for knee but I have never ever been past classic and it seems so impossible. So yeah I know where you arer coming from.

greekprincess
July 31st, 2008, 05:53 AM
I have been waist before, so I know that my hair can get there...but I do get extremely impatient...sometimes it does feel like it is not growing at all.

Hatsumomo
July 31st, 2008, 05:59 AM
I'm only two or three inches away from it but it does seem like a distant goal... I guess it's because my hair has been between collarbone and BSL for so long as I was indecisive about growing that it seems like it doesn't grow!

embee
August 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I probably shouldn't even be posting, as I'm at classic now, but I had no assurance that it would ever happen. For many years my hair seemed to stop by APL or BSL. It made me so sad, because that was not a good length for me, my hair is so fine and thin and BSL was just too darn short for me to do anything with. A bun was a pathetic little knob, a ponytail was a little dangling string.

There was no LHC in my life, nothing to guide or help or encourage me. Only occasional people with *gorgeous thick waving long* hair, which only made me feel worse.

Then I ran out of ready cash and couldn't afford trims - so growing was the answer. I amassed a great collection of those fabric-bow barrettes and wore my hair in a low pony with the bow for some sort of decoration and a look of "bigger".

Eventually I figured out how to make some sort of updo and did that every day for years. And all the while, my hair was growing but I wasn't really aware of it.

So hang in there. Very few people are really "term" at BSL! ;)

Iylivarae
August 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I am between hip & tailbone and at the moment I don't have any problems with taking photos. I think there will be some minor problems when I reach tailbone, because at the moment I can't stand farther away from my cam, because a table is in the way... but I'll think of something.

EDIT: Shame on me, I think I misunderstood the thread topic. I was at waist and I didn't have any problems at all with taking pictures.

Bene
August 6th, 2008, 02:57 PM
been at waist length. years ago. but it's hard picturing it getting to that length again.

baby steps....

AutobotsAttack
September 22nd, 2015, 12:52 AM
Yea I feel like I'm never really gonna get there. My the end if this year my hair will be the longest it's ever been. Which will be just approaching MBL. I want to get to knee length or so. And I will still push myself and stay committed and dedicated but sometimes it just feels like I'll never get there. Or it's only something I'll dream about espeacially since women Of my ethnicity with relaxed never even get their hair past waist or hip. Let alone knee length.

parkmikii
September 22nd, 2015, 03:57 AM
I have been there before I had a big chop. Since then, I've been growing to uncharted territories once I reached waist, I think that being neglect helps as in putting it up and getting distracted, not as in abusing it :)

cat11
September 22nd, 2015, 06:50 AM
I definitely felt that way before my hair was there. Waist was my original goal and my hair had been shorter than shoulder for years before

Groovy Granny
September 22nd, 2015, 09:37 PM
Nope....I am now longer than I have grown in my 63+ years, am at WL stretched, and just weeks from calling WAIST officially (in December) :happydance:

Key
October 7th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I am at waist length and I still struggle to see myself at waist length lol. Probably due to bangs and the illusion of it being shorter when I bring it around to the front... but hip and tailbone length etc. also feel like unrealistic fantasies.

DollyDagger
October 7th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Yes..:( it seems unfathomababablbllee...

kaylenfalse
October 13th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I had waist length hair as a child and had it above shoulder until four years ago. I've been stalled at waist length for the past three years! I know I need to treat it right if I'm ever going to get past this length, but I'm anxious to see if it will stop breaking off and actually get longer.

hanne jensen
October 14th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I used to have a hard time imagining my hair beyond waist length. I don't anymore, thanks to all the advice and help here and LHC. I reached anatomical waist last month and only have 5 cm until I reach the top of my waistband. After that there's only 7-8 cm to solid hip. I'll be able to reach hip within a year even with dusting every month. From hip to BCL there's less than a year's growth. For the first time in my life I can picture myself with extremely long hair. With all the advice and knowledge available here I should reach knee within 5 years. Yay!

browneyedsusan
October 14th, 2015, 11:40 AM
My hair hasn't been below SL since I was a little girl, so WL is surreal.
It's there, but doesn't feel like it. I'm surprised every time I catch a glimpse of myself with it down.
Every single time I look in the mirror the face looks like me but the hair? Nope.
It feels APL or BSL.
WL?
Nope. Nope. Nope. :)
So wierd.

Nadine <3
October 14th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I've never had hair longer than APL so this is all new to me and I have no idea what my hair is capable of. My goal is waist length, if I can get it there I'll be so happy.

lapushka
October 14th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Back then (that many years ago), I answered, "Somedays I feel like only in a dream it will grow that long" and now here I am. :cheer:

Chromis
October 14th, 2015, 02:26 PM
No. Even though my hair had not been that long before I had absolutely no trouble picturing it that long! Similarly, I'm at almost classic now and have no worries about reaching that point or concern over how fast it is growing. My hair does grow quickly, but I figure it'll still get there when it gets there!

Haha, hello 2008 me! 2015 me is semi-patiently waiting for midcalf....

Groovy Granny
October 14th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Nope....I am now longer than I have grown in my 63+ years, am at WL stretched, and just weeks from calling WAIST officially (in December) :happydance:

I seem to have had a growth spurt and at hubby's insistence, I called waist (goal) today...weeks ahead of schedule :happydance:
3 years ago when I started this journey at chin length, I really didn't believe it....but today I am amazed and thrilled!!

Christine_O
October 14th, 2015, 06:15 PM
I seem to have had a growth spurt and at hubby's insistence, I called waist (goal) today...weeks ahead of schedule :happydance:
3 years ago when I started this journey at chin length, I really didn't believe it....but today I am amazed and thrilled!!

CONGRATS!!!
As for me, I've never been beyond mid back, and just can't really quite believe I'm going to make it that far.

Ashflower89
October 17th, 2015, 01:41 AM
I've never been to waist length so it does seem pretty fantastical. I was at BSL once, but 14 years ago, so even that far is hard to imagine and remember.

Groovy Granny
October 17th, 2015, 09:35 AM
CONGRATS!!!
As for me, I've never been beyond mid back, and just can't really quite believe I'm going to make it that far.

I have been between MBL/WL a couple of times in the past, but this is the longest I have been EVER.

You'll get there ~ happy growing :cheer:

HairPlease
October 17th, 2015, 01:25 PM
I know it'll happen. I don't really stress over it. I don't really stress over the hair that much but when I do, it's not length that gives me the anxies.

spotsb4myiz
October 17th, 2015, 09:07 PM
I never thought it would make it to waist but now that I'm at my last rib, I'm almost there.

irodaryne
October 20th, 2015, 04:34 PM
I have a hard time visually picturing it, but I'd be surprised if it didn't get to at least my tailbone. My maternal grandmother had classic length hair at one point and my paternal grand aunt (grandmother never let her hair grow very long so we just don't know about her, but her sister.....) had knee-length hair.

With such a long haired pedigree, I'll be very sad if I don't get to waist with proper care and attention.

Robi-Bird
October 20th, 2015, 05:34 PM
I'm BSL-MBL so waist is just months away. I'm now thinking hip or BCL might be my end goal so that's a year or so down the road but it's hardly so long to wait.

Agnes Hannah
October 21st, 2015, 11:59 AM
I've just reached BCL with my racer hairs, I love my racer hairs! I have never had hair this long before! Growing on to Classic....

AsphodelJones
November 24th, 2015, 02:49 PM
The next five years will pass, and the only thing between me and classic length is the urge to wave scissors at my hair. Benign neglect will become my best friend. :)

sparkbunni
January 14th, 2016, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure I've ever been waist-length, but the last time I was even remotely close was in 7th grade, so...16 years ago. I can't picture it on myself and I still wonder if it's even possible! But my hair has already gone past what I thought was it's terminal length so I'll just keep waiting and see what happens :)