PDA

View Full Version : Creepiest Hair Story?

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Not sure if this has been done before, but oh well- What's the creepiest hair story you have? That's happened to you or another friend with long hair... Could involve anything, could be funny, could be downright weird...

Example Story 1: (Disclaimer, this is really creepy).
The creepiest thing that has ever happened to me was when I was on the metro. It was probably about 8am, so it was packed. I was sleepy, staring into space, holding onto one of the poles, and everyone was packed in around me. Not fun to say the least. I felt a weird feeling, like someone was watching me, and then felt like someone was trying to open my backpack (which I had on). I whirled around, and there was a guy behind me who had a handful of my hair and was petting it (my hair was at hip then, maybe TBL). He then started to sniff it when he saw me looking at him. No one stopped this guy, or gave him as second glance. I got off the metro as soon as I could, and went home, and washed my hair. *shudders*. I then cut it because I felt so bad about it, and because I wanted a change. Now I'm growing it back and I keep it up ALL THE TIME because I don't want something like that happening again... :( But if I'm growing it back it means I've obviously gotten over it, so YAY ME. :)

Story 2:
Also, my oldest brother used to have long hair when he was in high school and college, he's about 12 years older than me. He had long blonde viking hair, probably to about mid-back. One day while waiting for the bus someone cut a CHUNK out of his hair. It was really sad. He used to play football and his hair would be flying out of helmet.... :( That's what I remember... I was about 5-6. he's 34 now and hasn't had long hair since that happened.

Venefica
November 17th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Funny Creepy: Well this is not really a long hair story but it is about hair non the less. My first dog was named Sjakko, he was a fantastic animal, kind, gentle and loyal. Unfortunately when Sjakko was four years old he had a heart attack which made his heart grow and there where nothing the vets could do. Anyway several years later when we where having lunch my grandmother opened up a can of jam she had made and we found some of Sjakko's hair in the jar. I have no idea about how it got there, but it was both funny and a bit sad.

This is a story my hubby have told me: During world war two his great grandmother woke up one day and screamed "they are bombing Edmund, they are bombing Edmund." Now my hubby's great grandfather wrote this down when when his uncle Edmund came home from the war not only could the confirm every detail about where he had been and about the bomb raid he had narrowly survived, but his hair turned stark white that night. Now it should not be possible, already grown out hair should not turn white, but he had dark brown hair before the bomb raid and white after. Now I do not know if this story is true as it is second hand knowledge, but it is still an interesting little tale.

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Funny Creepy: Well this is not really a long hair story but it is about hair non the less. My first dog was named Sjakko, he was a fantastic animal, kind, gentle and loyal. Unfortunately when Sjakko was four years old he had a heart attack which made his heart grow and there where nothing the vets could do. Anyway several years later when we where having lunch my grandmother opened up a can of jam she had made and we found some of Sjakko's hair in the jar. I have no idea about how it got there, but it was both funny and a bit sad.

This is a story my hubby have told me: During world war two his great grandmother woke up one day and screamed "they are bombing Edmund, they are bombing Edmund." Now my hubby's great grandfather wrote this down when when his uncle Edmund came home from the war not only could the confirm every detail about where he had been and about the bomb raid he had narrowly survived, but his hair turned stark white that night. Now it should not be possible, already grown out hair should not turn white, but he had dark brown hair before the bomb raid and white after. Now I do not know if this story is true as it is second hand knowledge, but it is still an interesting little tale.

1st story: very sad, and a very funny story. sorry for your loss :(

2nd story: wow! I've also heard of that happening. I actually had a patch of white grow behind my left hair after a traumatic experience. One day it was auburn, like the rest of my hair (I had BSL at the time), and about a week later I noticed that about 20 hairs had turned white all in a clump. It was weird. It's never gone back to normal... and it looks really weird if I don't dye it/henna it. happened when I was 17.

pepperminttea
November 17th, 2011, 08:40 AM

Off topic, but have you ever read the poem Married (http://poetry365.tumblr.com/post/325435187/married-jack-gilbert) by Jack Gilbert? Your story really reminded me of it.

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Off topic, but have you ever read the poem Married (http://poetry365.tumblr.com/post/325435187/married-jack-gilbert) by Jack Gilbert? Your story really reminded me of it.

What a beautiful poem... So sad... :( But beautiful! I think I found a new poet's work to pursue... or should I say peruse? :P BOTH!

Venefica
November 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I had not read that poem, thank you for posting a link to it, it is very sad. It is sad to lose loved onces whatever they are humans or animals, but the important thing is to remember them fondly.

MonaLisa
November 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Ok, maybe you will think this makes ME creepy....:(
My beloved companion....best friend...(cat) died....and it was a process...I knew it was comming...I saw a piece of shed hair..like a little clump...beautiful soft white/silver hair....and i saved it...in a little jewelry chest...i still have it, but I feel to sad to open it....I'll keep it forever ...

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
My beloved companion....best friend...(cat) died....and it was a process...I knew it was comming...I saw a piece of shed hair..like a little clump...beautiful soft white/silver hair....and i saved it...in a little jewelry chest...i still have it, but I feel to sad to open it....I'll keep it forever ...

That's not creepy! That's very sad and lovely.
Now this is probably a bit weird, (and not hair related in the slightest)- I had a pet Green Water Dragon. I had her for 8 years, and she would have lived longer, but she had an accident and I had to put her to sleep. She was a seriously intelligent creature, I know it's weird to fathom that for a reptile, but she definitely had a soul in her. She used to lay eggs around the house, unfertilized, like a lizard period. Female lizards only do that when they are happy, are healthy, feel safe, etc. She used to like doing it around our wood stove, in the wood piles. It was very cute. I kept one of the eggs, it's in my jewelry box. I know, weird.

It kind of funny how this turned into a pet thread...

ladyfey
November 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I was at work once, with my hair in a ponytail, so the tail was probably to the top of my thighs at the time. A patient took her hand and ran her fingers thru it. If you haven't worked in a hospital, you probably don't get just how disgusting that is! They have bedside toilets, no bedside sinks and she had been a patient for awhile! When you are stuck in a hospital bed, you tend to get really gross. I have never worn my hair down again!

Cassie 123
November 17th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I was at work once, with my hair in a ponytail, so the tail was probably to the top of my thighs at the time. A patient took her hand and ran her fingers thru it. If you haven't worked in a hospital, you probably don't get just how disgusting that is! They have bedside toilets, no bedside sinks and she had been a patient for awhile! When you are stuck in a hospital bed, you tend to get really gross. I have never worn my hair down again!

Now I'm totally creeped out, but about becoming a long-time hospital patient, not about hair. :(

holothuroidea
November 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I have a story, don't know how creepy it is. Maybe a little.
When I was in high school there was a kid in one of my classes who was somewhat obsessed with my hair and they sat behind me every day, giving me tons of complements. It wasn't long at the time, maybe shoulder length. We weren't really friends but they were nice and I let them braid and play with it during labs and things.

It turns out, I found out much later that they were trans female. At the time I was suspicious that they might be heterosexual male (the hair playing was never sexual and it was obvious). It really explained the hair fixation and in retrospect I'm glad I indulged it.

holothuroidea
November 17th, 2011, 10:36 AM
@ladyfey- That really doesn't seem right. Hygiene is so important for health, why don't they have better access to it? This is really disturbing to me, my mom lives in Maryland. :(

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Now I'm totally creeped out, but about becoming a long-time hospital patient, not about hair. :(

Ugh. yeah... germs...:(

kaitmil
November 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Back in 3rd grade there was a boy who carpooled with me to school. He had a compulsion to put my hair in his mouth like he was eating it. Really grossed me out.

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Back in 3rd grade there was a boy who carpooled with me to school. He had a compulsion to put my hair in his mouth like he was eating it. Really grossed me out.

:-(ugh. that is creepy... weird... and you let him do this??? :hmm:

kaitmil
November 17th, 2011, 11:55 AM
No not really. I would try to stay away from him but kinda hard to do in the back of a vehicle. I had to constantly tell him to stop. This was also back before seat belt laws.

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 11:58 AM
No not really. I would try to stay away from him but kinda hard to do in the back of a vehicle. I had to constantly tell him to stop. This was also back before seat belt laws.

Ugh. So he basically molested your hair... :(

omgitssarah
November 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I was young, maybe 8 at the oldest. My dad thought it was a good idea to take us to a haunted house. My hair was maybe shoulder/mid-back length at the time, can't remember what style it was in. Anyway, we're walking through, and there's this section of the haunted house where a man is sitting behind bars as if he were in jail. As we pass, he gets up close to the bars, reaches out to me, and says "Can I have your hair? You can touch mine." in a creepy gravelly voice. Scarred me for, like, ever.

racrane
November 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
When I was in high school and had waist length hair, my teacher said I reminded him of his wife with long hair. Which is fine in of itself, but then he went on to say he liked pulling it and winked very suggestively at me. That was creepy.

infinity_girl
November 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I have one.

Years ago I was at a camp in Finland where there were young people from all over Europe. There was a girl from Holland who had very short hair and looked very boyish. At some point we got on to the conversation about hair and she told me (very emotionally) that she once had very long hair but that a stranger (a man) had cut off a chunk of her hair whilst she had been sitting on transport in Holland (either a bus or train, I can't remember) and she then had to cut her hair short as leaving it with a large chunk missing would have looked bad. She was very traumatised by this event (I think she described it as feeling like being raped). I don't think they ever caught the guy who did it :(.

BlazingHeart
November 17th, 2011, 01:15 PM
In college, I was in a relationship that in retrospect I can see was abusive. I ended things, but we were both involved in renaissance faire stuff, and as our guild was archers, there really wasn't anywhere else I could go and still shoot.

It was the last faire of the season, and raining, wet and cold. Being a broke college student, I always camped out in our encampment - we needed some people to do that to protect our gear anyways, and this way I didn't have to pay for somewhere to stay. I was the only woman there, but that was normal, and these guys were my friends - had been for almost two years. I was dating someone new - my ex and I had been over for about 3-4 months. Because it was so damn cold, the new guy and I were literally sleeping together - neither of us had warm enough gear to be comfortable otherwise. I was one of the first people to set up my bedding. The ex set up his bedding right next to mine, which was kind of creepy, but by then everyone else had started setting up their own bedding, so I'd have to get someone to move to go somewhere else, and I didn't want to make a fuss. In the middle of the night, I went to get up and go to the bathroom, only to find out I couldn't move. My ex had tangled his hands into my hip-length hair, and couldn't be woken, even when I started panicking and got rather loud. It took 3 of the other guys to pull and pry my hair out of his hands (or rather, 2 to pull and pry, one to keep me calm enough that they had the slack to work with).

I cut my hair off into what was intended to be a pixie 2 months later (sadly, the pixie was really badly cut - fortunately, my hair grows quickly, and within a few months was a much more flattering pageboy).

~Blaze

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM
In college, I was in a relationship that in retrospect I can see was abusive. I ended things, but we were both involved in renaissance faire stuff, and as our guild was archers, there really wasn't anywhere else I could go and still shoot.

It was the last faire of the season, and raining, wet and cold. Being a broke college student, I always camped out in our encampment - we needed some people to do that to protect our gear anyways, and this way I didn't have to pay for somewhere to stay. I was the only woman there, but that was normal, and these guys were my friends - had been for almost two years. I was dating someone new - my ex and I had been over for about 3-4 months. Because it was so damn cold, the new guy and I were literally sleeping together - neither of us had warm enough gear to be comfortable otherwise. I was one of the first people to set up my bedding. The ex set up his bedding right next to mine, which was kind of creepy, but by then everyone else had started setting up their own bedding, so I'd have to get someone to move to go somewhere else, and I didn't want to make a fuss. In the middle of the night, I went to get up and go to the bathroom, only to find out I couldn't move. My ex had tangled his hands into my hip-length hair, and couldn't be woken, even when I started panicking and got rather loud. It took 3 of the other guys to pull and pry my hair out of his hands (or rather, 2 to pull and pry, one to keep me calm enough that they had the slack to work with).

I cut my hair off into what was intended to be a pixie 2 months later (sadly, the pixie was really badly cut - fortunately, my hair grows quickly, and within a few months was a much more flattering pageboy).

~Blaze

Ugh.... Very weird. I would have probably freaked out... and ripped my hair in the process. Good for you for being brave!

Purdy Bear
November 17th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Im not sure its weird but here goes:

When I was 17 I used to have BSL long hair which was almost black and wavy. I was walking past this house to see a school I needed to visit the next week. A teenager came out and started screaming at me that I had long 'n****r' hair and that I should cut it off. The parents came out and took the boy in, he had mental problems. This was pretty frightening, I told them that they needed special care for him and that he should be in a secure unit.

The next week I had to do the same trip and the boy ran out again this time with a huge carving knife in his hand. He was crazed. Luckily I didnt let him near me, and a neighbour was able to calm him down and take him indoors. The Police were called and I made a statement, I insisted on charges but they refused as the parents promised they would get help.

That week I cut my hair off into a short bob.

Nothing happened for years, then I heard this lad had attacked a girl with long hair and stabbed her thus putting her in hospital. She had waist length black hair. If they had only listened to me and put the kid in secure care this would never have happened.

Oh Iv just remembered another one:

I was standing a well known newsagents in London when these women came up to me. One of them started to pick up my long hair and say about the split ends, and that I should get my perm re-done (I had naturally wavy hair) and that I should have it cut to my ears as it would suit me more. She then started picking wholes in what I was wearing. I fortunately left her standing with her friend and then came back to complain to the management but she was gone. Weird Huh!

No wonder I lost all my hair!

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Im not sure its weird but here goes:

When I was 17 I used to have BSL long hair which was almost black and wavy. I was walking past this house to see a school I needed to visit the next week. A teenager came out and started screaming at me that I had 'n****r' hair and that I should cut it off. The parents came out and took the boy in, he had mental problems. This was pretty frightening, I told them that they needed special care for him and that he should be in a secure unit.

The next week I had to do the same trip and the boy ran out again this time with a huge carving knife in his hand. He was crazed. Luckily I didnt let him near me, and a neighbour was able to calm him down and take him indoors. The Police were called and I made a statement, I insisted on charges but they refused as the parents promised they would get help.

Nothing happened for years, then I heard this lad had attacked a girl with long hair and stabbed her thus putting her in hospital. If they had only listened to me and put the kid in secure care this would never have happened.

OMG. THAT IS BEYOND MESSED UP. I guess the parents lied about getting help eh?... bad bad bad...

BlazingHeart
November 17th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Ugh.... Very weird. I would have probably freaked out... and ripped my hair in the process. Good for you for being brave!

Oh, I did freak out. I lunged against his hold two or three times before a bunch of people were woken up and started to help me. He just had ALL of my hair in his grasp, and I have extremely thick hair, so I didn't do much if any damage except to my head (oh lordy did I have a headache when I woke up!) One of the guys, Michael, laid down so he was facing me and talked me through it while the other two worked my hair out of my ex's hands.

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Oh, I did freak out. I lunged against his hold two or three times before a bunch of people were woken up and started to help me. He just had ALL of my hair in his grasp, and I have extremely thick hair, so I didn't do much if any damage except to my head (oh lordy did I have a headache when I woke up!) One of the guys, Michael, laid down so he was facing me and talked me through it while the other two worked my hair out of my ex's hands.

I bet you had a headache!!! I have thick hair as well and sometimes, if I don't put my hair up in a bun, my husband lies down on my hair in bed, and THAT gives me a headache. I can't imagine going through what you went through-it would hurt like crazy! POOR YOU!

Mayflower
November 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Aww that's really sweet. And sorry for your loss, I know how a cat can really feel like a friend:)

Snippety
November 17th, 2011, 02:35 PM
When we were living in The Hague in Holland (maybe there's something about Holland ?) this strange lady accosted me in the street and started handling my hair and telling me that if I wanted to sell it I could get €3000.

My husband mentioned it when he went into work and his colleague said I should be very careful. A long haired lady had been walking home at night and a man followed her and backed her into an alley. He pulled a knife and she froze, fearing the worst, but he reached up behind her and sheared her ponytail right off ! He ran off with it really fast leaving her in total shock. I wore my hair tucked down the back of my coat until we came home !

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 02:42 PM
When we were living in The Hague in Holland (maybe there's something about Holland ?) this strange lady accosted me in the street and started handling my hair and telling me that if I wanted to sell it I could get €3000.

My husband mentioned it when he went into work and his colleague said I should be very careful. A long haired lady had been walking home at night and a man followed her and backed her into an alley. He pulled a knife and she froze, fearing the worst, but he reached up behind her and sheared her ponytail right off ! He ran off with it really fast leaving her in total shock. I wore my hair tucked down the back of my coat until we came home !

That is freaking nuts!!! CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY!
Suddenly my story doesn't seem so bad... Thanks for telling me your stories... Its good to see what others have to go through.

seaj
November 17th, 2011, 08:38 PM
This story isn't really creepy, but I thought the incident was really gross.

I volunteered to braid my two of my friend's hair for a Powderpuff football game in high school. Once, prior to the game, I heard one of them say that she only washed her hair once a week, but her thick coarse hair was always in a single braid and looked nice so I never questioned her hygiene. Before I got started on her hair the morning of the game, she told me she rinsed her hair the night before. For the game, we decided that two dutch braids would be best so I started to untangle and part her hair. Right away I could feel that the underlayers of her hair were saturated with sebum. I was really grossed out to say the least. By the time I was done with both braids my hands were completely covered with a thick greasy layer of her sebum so I tried to wipe it off on my jeans when she wasn't looking. That didn't help at all. The whole time, our mutual friend was watching, and luckily I braided her hair first, but I'm not sure if she was aware of what I was dealing with. Afterwards, I went straight to the bathroom to wash my hands.

I don't have issues with my own greasy hair, but I was really disgusted with that whole experience afterwards especially when she suggested that I do her hair again in the future. I only have love for my own natural oils I guess. It's kinda awesome how the best conditioner in the world is produced by my own body.

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 08:40 PM
This story isn't really creepy, but I thought the incident was really gross.

I volunteered to braid my two of my friend's hair for a Powderpuff football game in high school. Once, prior to the game, I heard one of them say that she only washed her hair once a week, but her thick coarse hair was always in a single braid and looked nice so I never questioned her hygiene. Before I got started on her hair the morning of the game, she told me she rinsed her hair the night before. For the game, we decided that two dutch braids would be best so I started to untangle and part her hair. Right away I could feel that the underlayers of her hair were saturated with sebum. I was really grossed out to say the least. By the time I was done with both braids my hands were completely covered with a thick greasy layer of her sebum so I tried to wipe it off on my jeans when she wasn't looking. That didn't help at all. The whole time, our mutual friend was watching, and luckily I braided her hair first, but I'm not sure if she was aware of what I was dealing with. Afterwards, I went straight to the bathroom to wash my hands.

I don't have issues with my own greasy hair, but I was really disgusted with that whole experience afterwards especially when she suggested that I do her hair again in the future. I only have love for my own natural oils I guess. It's kinda awesome how the best conditioner in the world is produced by my own body.

I feel ya. I have love for my own oil, other peoples? No. Ugh.

Yozhik
November 17th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't consider this to be a creepy story, but it is somewhat scary. I've told it before on the forums, but I hope no one minds if I retell it.

Once my father was riding on the bus, and some girl began screaming, asking what had happened to her braid. Well, it turned out she had had a long, maybe classic-length braid and someone had cut if off and run off at the next stop. :( She hadn't noticed because it was winter and everyone was crowded on the bus, plus they were wearing heavy overcoats.

Because of this I always try to wear my hair inside my coat or in an updo when out among a lot of people.

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't consider this to be a creepy story, but it is somewhat scary. I've told it before on the forums, but I hope no one minds if I retell it.

Once my father was riding on the bus, and some girl began screaming, asking what had happened to her braid. Well, it turned out she had had a long, maybe classic-length braid and someone had cut if off and run off at the next stop. :( She hadn't noticed because it was winter and everyone was crowded on the bus, plus they were wearing heavy overcoats.

Because of this I always try to wear my hair inside my coat or in an updo when out among a lot of people.

UGH. How awful can people get?! I hate how creepy people are to people with long hair. pervy... Not good. A lot of these stories are scary...

I also only wear up now... Because of my own story. You just gave me another reason.

Mommyof4
November 17th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I was asked to style hair of some distant relatives of my husband that were in a wedding. 4 little girls with classic length, gorgeous hair. I go to style their hair and realize that every single little girl was INFESTED with lice!!! I got the lice out with lavender and tea tree oil first, and styled their newly lice-free hair. Talk about the creeps!!!!

owlathena
November 17th, 2011, 10:10 PM
That's not creepy! That's very sad and lovely.
Now this is probably a bit weird, (and not hair related in the slightest)- I had a pet Green Water Dragon. I had her for 8 years, and she would have lived longer, but she had an accident and I had to put her to sleep. She was a seriously intelligent creature, I know it's weird to fathom that for a reptile, but she definitely had a soul in her. She used to lay eggs around the house, unfertilized, like a lizard period. Female lizards only do that when they are happy, are healthy, feel safe, etc. She used to like doing it around our wood stove, in the wood piles. It was very cute. I kept one of the eggs, it's in my jewelry box. I know, weird.

It kind of funny how this turned into a pet thread...

Thats cool! When I was little I used to poke holes in my cockatiel's eggs to drain them so they wouldnt spoil and kept them on my shelf in a bird's nest that I'd found. I dont have them anymore.

Purdy Bear
November 18th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Just remembered another one, which Iv told before on here.

I was travelling home on the bus (an hours journey) when this guy sitting behind me gave my hair a really hard yank. I turned round after screaming ouch and he said he wanted to see if my hair was a wig.

Well this guy turned out to be a have a new job for a place I had to liase with and when I turned up there he again said my hair was a wig. I turned my hair upside down and showed him my patches but even seeing that, he still thought it was a hair piece. Total twit! His forman explained about the Alopecia but I think the guy was too dense to even understand that.

MonaLisa
November 18th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I don't think I'll ever wear my hair loose or out of the coat, in buses or crowded places..all this is truely freaky!

maria_tasha
November 18th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I never thought of this but now I'm really scared. I had a bad experience once when I was a teenager and had midback hair: some random girl burn a part with a cigarette. Yes we were in a club and yes I was wearing my hair down.

morrigan*
November 18th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I don't think I'll ever wear my hair loose or out of the coat, in buses or crowded places..all this is truely freaky!
Me too. That's just insane that some one cut off your hair :confused:.

discoisntdead
November 18th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Me too. That's just insane that some one cut off your hair :confused:.

What would they do with the hair anyway?:confused:

MonaLisa
November 18th, 2011, 06:24 AM
What would they do with the hair anyway?:confused:

Mostly sell it:confused:
and on top of that who knows - mb there some pervs....which is even worse :run:
They maybe 'heroes' who wanna donate it haha but i doubt:mad:

jacqueline101
November 18th, 2011, 06:35 AM
My cat smells my hair after I oil it. Somehow the oil makes her sneeze .

discoisntdead
November 18th, 2011, 06:51 AM
My cat smells my hair after I oil it. Somehow the oil makes her sneeze .

That's cute, not creepy!

Lucky
November 18th, 2011, 07:17 AM
When I was in high school and had waist length hair, my teacher said I reminded him of his wife with long hair. Which is fine in of itself, but then he went on to say he liked pulling it and winked very suggestively at me. That was creepy.

eeeewwwww. inappropriate!

duchesswannabe
November 18th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I was riding the subway several years ago, and it was extremely crowded. A man with long hair was standing next to me, and my face kept smooshing into his hair as the train rolled on. I was embarrassed about it inwardly, but he seemed not to notice at all.

Xandergrammy
November 18th, 2011, 07:44 AM
This is my ultimate creepy/gross hair story. It was about 38 years ago- 1972/73. One of my boyfriend's friends who had moved away to live in the mountains of New Hampshire was getting married. We drove up there and all the wedding guests camped out on the property. There was no tub or shower, so all of us (about 20 or so), on the morning of the wedding, went to the lake to bathe. We got all nice and clean and went back to the house for the wedding, which was outside with the mountains as a backdrop. Beautiful. Well, one of the wedding guests gifted the newlywed couple with a goat. I was sitting on the porch eating when all of a sudden, I felt a really odd tugging sensation . At that moment, my boyfriend says "The goat's eating your hair". Sure enough, this goat had my waistlength hair in his mouth (and down his throat??) up to my ears. Tyler was able to remove my hair from the goat intact, but you have never smelled such a stinky mess in your life! (and all I could do was rinse it with whatever water was handy because there was no running water and the lake was too far away!!). Ugh. I'll never forget that goat.

MonaLisa
November 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Ok I got another one!
When I was little, but not too little...10-12 I'm not sure...I was bored, studying and i was playing with my hair...in weird way..i took 1 single, long hair and was wrapping it around my tongue...for a while, then somehow it broke! and the end disappeared!
so it stayed tightly and i mean very tightly wrapped around my tongue with no way to unwrap it! I couldn't talk normal and it started to hurt.
Eventually i went to my granny..with this problem! Imagine the look on her face!
we used sharp scissors to cut it, used it more as a knife, and i remember it cut my tongue a bit too, but i was so relieved it was solved! Granny kept scaring me that I'll lose the top of my tongue and that it was turning blue!

Celtic Morla
November 18th, 2011, 08:39 AM
When I was 15 our choir went to Williamsburg VA to sing in the church there and while we were touring the village we ended up in the wig shop. The lady was talking about how they would buy hair and then she pointed at me and offered me $200 for my waist length white blond hair! That she would cut it off at my ears and then style my ahir so it wouldn't look too bad. All I could think of was my parents reaction if I came home with no hair!LOL It was creepy cause she kept asking me the whole time we were in there to let her have my ahir. Needess to say I left before she finsihed her whole spiel even my friends felt bad for me and came outside with me cause I was bright red, flushed and tucking my hair in my shirt I was scared she'd chop it off!

GlassWidow
November 18th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Here's my creepy story:

We were on vacation in Mexico when I was a pre-teen, and we'd somehow managed to get away from the resort area, and into the residential area. I was hot, tired, and had sunscreen running into my eyes, so I was crying and not able to see very well. Some men came seemingly out of nowhere and and started yelling at my parents for "doing something to the pretty red-haired girl." They were trying to get between me and my parents, saying that they obviously didn't belong with me because I had such bright red hair and my parents didn't. It was really scary and confusing, more so because I couldn't see very well. Finally a bus came along and my parents managed to shove us all on board before anything happened. We were all pretty freaked out by that one!

Yozhik
November 18th, 2011, 09:07 AM
When I was 15 our choir went to Williamsburg VA to sing in the church there and while we were touring the village we ended up in the wig shop. The lady was talking about how they would buy hair and then she pointed at me and offered me $200 for my waist length white blond hair! That she would cut it off at my ears and then style my ahir so it wouldn't look too bad. All I could think of was my parents reaction if I came home with no hair!LOL It was creepy cause she kept asking me the whole time we were in there to let her have my ahir. Needess to say I left before she finsihed her whole spiel even my friends felt bad for me and came outside with me cause I was bright red, flushed and tucking my hair in my shirt I was scared she'd chop it off!

I went to school in Williamsburg, so I think I know exactly where you're talking about. :) Sometimes those reenactors get really into their roles, but I don't think they would actually forcibly remove your hair from you. ;) Better safe than sorry, though!

Besides, from what I hear about blond hair being sold in Europe and Russia, it fetches far more than just $200, so you would have been selling yourself short!

Celtic Morla
November 18th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Besides, from what I hear about blond hair being sold in Europe and Russia, it fetches far more than just $200, so you would have been selling yourself short!

Well this was back in 1982 so even then that was pretty pricey! And she kept saying that it was a hard colour to find naturally whereas she'd pay $50 for the same length or longer in brunette hair.

Venefica
November 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Ok, maybe you will think this makes ME creepy....

That is not creepy, that is beautiful and sad. I think that is a wonderful way to keep the memory of an animal companion alive.

Another animal story then. I and my hubby and our best friend where out taking a walk one day, talking and having a good time, as we walked we passed by this little lake, suddenly a seagull rose from the lake, circled us twice and then bombed me. I was so shocked I thought it was only a legend that gulls would bomb people but here I was having to walk all the way home with my hair full of gull poop.

When I was 17 I used to have BSL long hair which was almost black and wavy. I was walking past this house to see a school I needed to visit the next week. A teenager came out and started screaming at me that I had long 'n****r' hair and that I should cut it off. The parents came out and took the boy in, he had mental problems. This was pretty frightening, I told them that they needed special care for him and that he should be in a secure unit.

Nothing happened for years, then I heard this lad had attacked a girl with long hair and stabbed her thus putting her in hospital. She had waist length black hair. If they had only listened to me and put the kid in secure care this would never have happened.

Ok that is really creepy, most of the stories in here is either gross or in a way humorous, but that is just not fun it is like something from a horror movie. I am glad you where unhurt.

OMG. THAT IS BEYOND MESSED UP. I guess the parents lied about getting help eh?... bad bad bad...

Not necessarily, sometimes there is just not any help to get. My hubby is the world's kindest man, but he have a sleep disorder and at times his body wakes up but not hind mind so to speak and when he is like that he get aggressive, even violent, now he is not there, it is just his body reacting, but once he attacked me, leaving me dazed on the floor. Now my hubby called for help and the next day he asked his doctor for help as he is afraid of what he might do when he is in those states which in effect is sleepwalking. He said I have attacked my girlfriend, and there have been times when she have had to pry weapons out of my hands and physically stop me from going outside as she is afraid of what I might do, I need help, instead of getting help he got a shrug and a yes whatever and was given one examination and that was it. Help for anything psychological is often difficult to get. Now let me add that my hubby is not violent, from what little help he have gotten it is determined that his condition is neurological like a form of epilepsy, I only mention this to say that even if that kid's parents wanted to get him help it is not sure they could get him any.

Once I heard about this news story which really freaked me out. A woman had been driving go cart and her hair got wrapped around some of the machine parts of the car, it whirled her hair up and the woman did not notice it until it was to late and then her entire scalp was torn off. I remember cringing to that and to that day I have never dared to try go carts. :O

Neya
November 18th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I have a couple really creepy stories. At my longest I had tailbone or so length natural blonde hair.
When Id get in elevators people would touch my hair. I caught both men and women doing this several times. Ew. I think this is why I started wearing buns/pony's ALL the time. I was so creeped out.

Another time, I was approached by someone to cut my hair short for a large sum of money (thousands). I was a teenager and thought "how can they resell my hair for so much?" then it dawned on me the real reason. Again, super EEEEWWW. I don't think I ever told anyone about that. Really creepy.

When I did decide to finally chop it off a few years later I had my aunt-in-law (who owned her own hair studio) cut it.

Amber_Maiden
November 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I have a couple really creepy stories. At my longest I had tailbone or so length natural blonde hair.
When Id get in elevators people would touch my hair. I caught both men and women doing this several times. Ew. I think this is why I started wearing buns/pony's ALL the time. I was so creeped out.

Another time, I was approached by someone to cut my hair short for a large sum of money (thousands). I was a teenager and thought "how can they resell my hair for so much?" then it dawned on me the real reason. Again, super EEEEWWW. I don't think I ever told anyone about that. Really creepy.

When I did decide to finally chop it off a few years later I had my aunt-in-law (who owned her own hair studio) cut it.

That is ew. Super ew... ugh. :(

QMacrocarpa
November 18th, 2011, 03:37 PM
.... I'll never forget that goat.
I think I might not either! :brainbleach: :)

GabrielleRose
November 18th, 2011, 04:37 PM
My story isn't exactly creepy, but it sure did freak me out!

When I was younger, maybe like 6 or 7 I was walking around the mall with my mom but of course I fell a little behind her and all of a sudden I felt someone tug my hair! It was a teenage girl with her mother and she grabbed my hair putting it against her own hair exclaiming, "See mom, this is the hair color I want!". The worst part was she walked away like it was totally ok that she did that.

I like when others comment on my hair color, but that really freaked me out, not to mention I was scared she was going to give me lice lol!

Amber_Maiden
November 18th, 2011, 04:57 PM
My story isn't exactly creepy, but it sure did freak me out!

When I was younger, maybe like 6 or 7 I was walking around the mall with my mom but of course I fell a little behind her and all of a sudden I felt someone tug my hair! It was a teenage girl with her mother and she grabbed my hair putting it against her own hair exclaiming, "See mom, this is the hair color I want!". The worst part was she walked away like it was totally ok that she did that.

I like when others comment on my hair color, but that really freaked me out, not to mention I was scared she was going to give me lice lol!

How rude! I don't get it! Why do people in our society think it's ok to invade other people's personal space? This whole hair touching thing really reminds me of how people touch pregnant lady's stomaches without asking!

FrozenBritannia
November 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
When I was in kindergarten I had waist length hair and I always wore it down to school. I vividly remember the other kids in the class fighting to sit by me so they could touch my hair... And my mom trying everything to get the peanut butter, glue, gum, and whatever else was on their hands out later!!

I still don't like other people touching my hair. Who knows where their hands have been?

beckishness
November 18th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Once my father was riding on the bus, and some girl began screaming, asking what had happened to her braid. Well, it turned out she had had a long, maybe classic-length braid and someone had cut if off and run off at the next stop. She hadn't noticed because it was winter and everyone was crowded on the bus, plus they were wearing heavy overcoats.

I just have to say that I have been thinking about this story for the past day or so and I CANNOT believe that people are sick enough to do that to someone. It makes me never want to wear my hair down in public ever again. That poor woman! Do you know if anyone saw the culprit? I just can't get over that and I hope that they caught the person responsible...

kamikaze hair
November 19th, 2011, 06:50 AM
oh my god these stories are so creepy. I don't think i'll be falling of my "wear my hair up for a month band wagon" anytime soon. FREAKY.

Monkey962
November 19th, 2011, 07:36 AM
oh my god these stories are so creepy. I don't think i'll be falling of my "wear my hair up for a month band wagon" anytime soon. FREAKY.

Pretty much this. I wanna wear hats all the time or maybe even a helmet now...

weddy
November 19th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Not necessarily, sometimes there is just not any help to get. My hubby is the world's kindest man, but he have a sleep disorder and at times his body wakes up but not hind mind so to speak and when he is like that he get aggressive, even violent

The ONLY times I've ever been punched/kicked by a man was while they were asleep (the punch wasn't like a fighting punch, more like a backhand). I still remember being asked by a sleepy man why I fell out of bed, and him looking so surprised when I said he kicked me out of bed!

But like your man, never violent while awake. Me and my brother both sleep-walked a few times each, according to my mother, who remembers the stories in great detail. Luckily we didn't get violent. I just told bizarre stories, while my brother wee'd someplace he shouldn't have - right in front of my mother! :blueeek:

Earelia
November 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I was in Barnes&Noble browsing before I had to go to work and all of the sudden I felt a tug on my hair. I turned around to discover that a weird old man had grabbed one of my dreadlocks. I stared at him and he asked me,"Is that real??" I kind of just gave him a dirty look and he walked away... I wish I would have said something to him. :steam

.Amanaka.
November 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Once I was at work using a computer that faced the wall. I heard someone come up behind me, and the next thing I knew there was this weird feeling in my bun. One of my coworkers had come up and stuck a pair of open scissors in my bun. He didn't understand why I came up swinging, or why I threatened to a) call the cops, or b) cut off a part of his anatomy if he ever even thought of trying that again.

Scissors do not go in my hair. Maybe near the bottom if I want a trim, but you do not trim hair while it is in a bun. Moron.

Amber_Maiden
November 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Once I was at work using a computer that faced the wall. I heard someone come up behind me, and the next thing I knew there was this weird feeling in my bun. One of my coworkers had come up and stuck a pair of open scissors in my bun. He didn't understand why I came up swinging, or why I threatened to a) call the cops, or b) cut off a part of his anatomy if he ever even thought of trying that again.

Scissors do not go in my hair. Maybe near the bottom if I want a trim, but you do not trim hair while it is in a bun. Moron.

I just gasped out loud while reading this. My nightmare! I would have KILLED that guy... Or reported him to HR. Scary.

beckishness
November 19th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I just gasped out loud while reading this. My nightmare! I would have KILLED that guy... Or reported him to HR. Scary.

I second that. It does sound like a job for HR.

FrozenBritannia
November 19th, 2011, 08:43 PM

OMG..

My hair and I are wincing just thinking of it... Open scissors.. Did he not know scissors are comprised of two BLADES??

*breathing into paper bag*

.Amanaka.
November 19th, 2011, 09:05 PM
OMG..

My hair and I are wincing just thinking of it... Open scissors.. Did he not know scissors are comprised of two BLADES??

*breathing into paper bag*

Oh he did. And believe me, he never did that again. I never thought that he was seriously intending to cut it, but could only imagine him getting distracted or turning around, and accidentally closing the scissors.

And if anything had happened, I wouldn't have gone to HR. That would have been assault and battery, and I would have taken it further. (Okay, I may be a bit overprotective of my hair. But still.)

Yame
November 19th, 2011, 09:21 PM
This thread is making me paranoid. From now on, when going to crowded places I will not only wear my hair up, but I will also wear a headscarf or hoodie on top of it. Thank goodness it's winter.

VikingVampChick
November 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM

HR & cops if HR didn't. Sharp implement anywhere near body with intent to use is assault at the least as far as I'm concerned. Thankfully, I'm onl SL right now, but hate to imagine someone trying anything like this later.

Amber_Maiden
November 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Oh he did. And believe me, he never did that again. I never thought that he was seriously intending to cut it, but could only imagine him getting distracted or turning around, and accidentally closing the scissors.

And if anything had happened, I wouldn't have gone to HR. That would have been assault and battery, and I would have taken it further. (Okay, I may be a bit overprotective of my hair. But still.)

I think you're talking to the right group of people about this- I think any of us would feel the same way you did; protective about their hair.

FrozenBritannia
November 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM

:) In highschool I shoved a girl against the lockers for pretending to pour pop on my hair (she actually did spill a bit on it), and I don't think the LHC even existed back then! I don't know what I would do if someone put scissors in it....

lajsa
November 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
This thread makes me incredibly paranoid. I live in a really small town so I don't think we've got too many hair-cutting maniacs around here... at least I've never met one. Well, my aunt likes to touch my hair but her hands are probably cleaner than MINE, so that's not exactly a problem. :p But honestly, when I move south next year I'm NEVER going to wear my hair down on the subway or anything like that! :bigeyes:shudder: Honestly? What's WRONG with people? :mad:

mvskoke_hoktuce
November 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM
This story was actually told to me buy my Mom.
She was born in '46 and she said she was in H.S. so you do the math.. lets say she was 16 so maybe around 1962 or so?
Mom and her family were very VERY poor (they lived in a 1 room chicken coop that was "converted" to a "house" with a dirt floor) and my family is also part hispanic & syrian. My Mom is hispanic/syrian/white. Back than she was not allowed to go to the "white high school" so her school was with kids of "color" natives,hispanics,and african american kids.
Most other kids at this school were also dirt poor and lived in similar situations as my Mom.
Well, back than the beehive hairdo was very popular and Mama told me about this girl she went to school with who had this HUGE beehive but she said it was always nasty looking and the girl always smelled bad - well I guess one day this girl was complaining of her head hurting like her scalp was hurting and she started crying. So I guess some of the girls started "digging" around in hair hair trying to figure out what was going on and they found a cockroach nest in her hair and they started running out! The cockroaches were chomping on her scalp! :(

rocket_surgeon
November 20th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Once I heard about this news story which really freaked me out. A woman had been driving go cart and her hair got wrapped around some of the machine parts of the car, it whirled her hair up and the woman did not notice it until it was to late and then her entire scalp was torn off. I remember cringing to that and to that day I have never dared to try go carts. :O

There was a story last year about a Yale student who died in a similar manner when her hair got caught in a lathe she was working with.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/nyregion/yale-student-dies-in-machine-shop-accident.html

This is an excellent reason why long hair is safest when it's up.

Amber_Maiden
November 20th, 2011, 01:15 PM
There was a story last year about a Yale student who died in a similar manner when her hair got caught in a lathe she was working with.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/nyregion/yale-student-dies-in-machine-shop-accident.html

This is an excellent reason why long hair is safest when it's up.

Agh!!!! How horrible!!!! :(

GabrielleRose
November 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM
How rude! I don't get it! Why do people in our society think it's ok to invade other people's personal space? This whole hair touching thing really reminds me of how people touch pregnant lady's stomaches without asking!

It certainly is rude!

For me, when I see someone with long hair I comment on how pretty it is, but I don't recall wanting to touch it. I guess I wouldn't want to touch it, because I myself nor do they know me very well. But if it was a friend, I would surely ask for permission. The same goes for pregnant women's stomaches, and again I comment on how cute they look.

CastaDiva
November 20th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Maybe not creepy, but certainly scary! Years ago, some of my hair got pulled into the tumble dryer fan. The tumble dryer was on top of the washing machine, switched on, and I was bending down to fill the washing machine with more clothes when my hair got caught in the fan. It had a cover over it, but it had panels that my hair was pulled in through by the fan. Luckily my mother was at home, so she came to my rescue and turned the tumble dryer off. I had to pull my hair out of the fan, which I'm sure caused some damage, but this was way before I began to seriously care for my hair so I don't think it bothered me that much, but it certainly would have today. Now I'm extra careful around tumble dryers!

jennescence
November 20th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Mine isnt creepy but still:
My fifth grade teacher was very beautiful. To top it all off she had tailbone length fire red hair. Every day at recess she would let me play with her hair. Every single day she would ask me if i wanted to and every single day i would. I never thought anything about it back then but now when i think of it i dont think its creepy. I just think its a little strange. She would never lat anyone else but me.

Second Growth
November 20th, 2011, 02:09 PM
She was born in '46 and she said she was in H.S. so you do the math.. lets say she was 16 so maybe around 1962 or so?
Mom and her family were very VERY poor (they lived in a 1 room chicken coop that was "converted" to a "house" with a dirt floor) and my family is also part hispanic & syrian. My Mom is hispanic/syrian/white. Back than she was not allowed to go to the "white high school" so her school was with kids of "color" natives,hispanics,and african american kids.
Most other kids at this school were also dirt poor and lived in similar situations as my Mom.
Well, back than the beehive hairdo was very popular and Mama told me about this girl she went to school with who had this HUGE beehive but she said it was always nasty looking and the girl always smelled bad - well I guess one day this girl was complaining of her head hurting like her scalp was hurting and she started crying. So I guess some of the girls started "digging" around in hair hair trying to figure out what was going on and they found a cockroach nest in her hair and they started running out! The cockroaches were chomping on her scalp! :(

This is just another version of a common urban legend involving spiders and bouffant hair. I heard a version of this in 1961 about a girl at a nearby school in which the spiders had somehow "softened" her skull and her brain leaked out and she died (how silly!) . Please see the Snopes site at this URL: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/vanities/hairdo.asp

Of course, where there is legend, there are often one or more actual incidents and your mother' s story could be one of those.

Yozhik
November 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I just have to say that I have been thinking about this story for the past day or so and I CANNOT believe that people are sick enough to do that to someone. It makes me never want to wear my hair down in public ever again. That poor woman! Do you know if anyone saw the culprit? I just can't get over that and I hope that they caught the person responsible...

:( I don't think that they ever caught the man who did it. It was in a city of over 1 million people, so he could have very easily jumped off and then never been seen again. Most likely he cut the hair off to sell it. I guess that people just assumed it was a man, but no one knew who it might be because the bus was so crowded. :(

Dark Rapunzel
November 20th, 2011, 02:52 PM
OOOOH GOD!!! gah thank god I take my hair down to comb out the ends every day! That must have been traumatizing for both the girl with the cockroaches and the girls digging them out! EW!

Amber_Maiden
November 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
This is just another version of a common urban legend involving spiders and bouffant hair. I heard a version of this in 1961 about a girl at a nearby school in which the spiders had somehow "softened" her skull and her brain leaked out and she died (how silly!) . Please see the Snopes site at this URL: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/vanities/hairdo.asp

Of course, where there is legend, there are often one or more actual incidents and your mother' s story could be one of those.

Exactly what I was thinking... Cockroaches wouldn't live in anyones hair/or eat someone's scalp... Unless they were dead, but I won't get into insects and decomp...

elfgirl
January 30th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I haven't had anything terrible, scary, or weird happen to my hair, fortunately. The most traumatising thing I can recall is when some of my at the time waist length hair got caught in the hair fryer (I was a wee girl of 8 years old or so, still used hair fryers back then). It pulled an inch or so of hair in, and when I pulled out it was crispy, burned and black :/

Now that I think back on it, that's probably one of the reasons why I really Don't Like hair fryers, or any other sort of heat product.

However, in reading stories which caution having hair either in an updo or similar style, a piece of advice that one of my mentors gave me several years ago.

This will be long, and there is some backstory, but it's essential for the story as a whole to make more sense.
~~~~~~~~~

My mentor/teacher J (who was actually my horseback riding instructor who was Like a mentor to me), was talking about ways to be safe in public and when out and about in one of our riding lessons. The riding class was predominately female, with two guys, and J was the instructor. We students had all been in the class together for a fairly long time, and had known each other from the Beginner level classes (we were in the Advanced level class by now).

Anyways, during the riding lessons, J would instruct us on riding, but would also talk to us about ways to be safe, gave us advise for high school, college, etc, how to have a "visual map" of your locations (kind of like a Google Earth map, in your head :p ), especially if you were out hiking or riding on the trails, that sort of thing. We would all jokingly call these talks his "lectures".

On one such lecture occasion, J was talking about how important it is to be safe when out walking, taking public transit, or even riding, alone. The stables where I rode at was in a good area of the mountains, but some of the roads and trails in the surrounding areas of the hills and heading up to different parts of the mountains contained some strange people. I do not say this to be mean, nor do I say it lightly....there were some weird people out there.

J would give us advice about how to not talk to people when riding alone on said trails, roads, etc, or even with a group, how to quickly excuse ones-self from an interaction-when riding on the trails, or out in the city, wherever- "you don't worry about being polite if you sense things might be wrong, or you might be in danger" he said.

One piece of advice that he gave to us females was this: "Whenever you're walking alone, taking public transit late at night, or in broad daylight, whenever, or are somewhere unfamiliar and you're not with other people, try to make yourself look as masculine as possible. I'm not saying this in a sexist way or bad way or anything, I'm saying it because it works. If people think with a glance at you as they're passing by that you might be male, then that could help you out, especially if you're walking alone at night. Always have your hair either up in a bun, in a braid and bunned, or have it down and tucked into your shirt. Stand tall, with good posture, and be confident. But keeping your hair out of sight, that is a key factor."

Let me clarify and confirm, J was not a paranoid guy at all. He was just safely cautious, wise, and was thinking of things and advice he could give us to help us out in the real world. He cared about us, as he had been working with most of us for years by that point.

Time went on and I eventually stopped riding lessons (due to a severe knee injury after a fall off a horse), and J ended up moving away, but even now, around 9 years after hearing those words of wisdom, they still stay with me.

sorry this post is so long, but I felt that this was good advice in general to be passed on.

But after reading some of the stories on this thread, I am totally wearing updos more often, and keeping my hair out of sight.

sfgirl
January 30th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I don't have a specific story, but I've had my hair bleached blonde since I was 14.
Anyways, I've been targeted so many times because of this hair color, especially when I had it down to waist. Even when I was a minor, I would have men in their forties hit on me in some pretty disgusting ways. Some were more of just asking me out on a date, (I've always looked younger than I am, I'd like to say, I wasn't ever the most developed girl in class, and I still get carded for R rated movies), and some guys would straight up tell me the disgusting things they wanted to do. I was walking home from school, when a guy in a car asked me to be in a p*rn. YES, having bleached blonde hair is considered sexual, but that does not warrant that kind of behavior to a fifteen year old girl. OR any woman for that matter. :(

Johanna
January 31st, 2012, 12:42 AM
I think the weirdest thing that I've ever dealt with has been my husband cousin sniffing my hair when i first met him. It felt very ick.

MaryMarx
January 31st, 2012, 02:00 AM
There are some scary stories being told here! It is so hard to understand how anyone would do those things, cut peoples hair off, sniff strangers hair...
I hope you all have recovered from your trauma and that it never happens again. :flowers:

Achyvi
January 31st, 2012, 02:14 AM
I have a sort of creepy-awkward story. Or, I guess, it's more of an ongoing anecdote? There is an old man at my church who sits behind me, and he's generally creepy overall due to some of his behaviors, but when I first started going there he would touch and try and stroke my hair while I was sitting, especially if I wasn't paying attention and accidentally let it go over the back of the chair. If I noticed I would yank it away to safety, and I gave him a few dirty looks, but I don't think it really penetrated since he's both developmentally delayed and starting to go a little senile (hence why it's more awkward than anything). Now I am very careful how I sit when my hair is loose so it isn't a temptation for him, but if I'm not careful he will still stroke it if he gets too close. Urrrrgh! No touching! >_<

B-L
January 31st, 2012, 03:55 AM
This is creapy and a bit funny:

A friend of mine has a doughter who had beautiful waist length hair by the age of 4!! It was blond, thick and wavy, gorgeous! Anyway, when they were in Egypt on vacation a creepy old guy followed them every day, trying to touch little girls hair, talking to them in egyptian and waved with a gold necklace or something. When thay got back home my friend wanted o chop of her daughters hair so... she pulled the hair to the front, making a ponytail at the top of her forehead and cut it.. The poor girl looked so wierd, the bangs were very VERY short (maybe 1 cm) sticking right out and the rest of the hair was in a strange layerd cut.. :wail:

This is sad:
I work in a hospital so I'm kind of used to all kinds of patients, I don't get chocked anymore :p One day I had a patient, a guy, who I was supposed to do an EEG on. Anyways , he came in to the room and I started the explain about the procedure and electrodes... I saw that the guy was starting to nervously moving in his chair. When I was going to start he shouted "Wait!". He became even more nervous and told me that he wears a toupee, a hair piece. "Oh well" :shrug:I thought "No big deal", but I saw he was very uncomfortable by this and thought it was super embarrassing! He almost started crying when he took it off. I reassured him that it's okay and that I'll try to do the exam quickly so he did't have to be without it for a long time. He became more relaxed with time, but he closed his eyes while I was putting the electrodes on his head. Poor guy! :( I've begun to see these men different now .. Always thought it was pure vanity, but it is much more behind it!

Anywhere
January 31st, 2012, 08:19 AM
I went to a grad party this past summer. I was standing in line waiting for food when i felt something stroking my hair (which in turn was basically stroking my back since my hair was down). I figured it was an accident, but then it happened again, so I turned around ready to yell at whoever it was, and these two little old men were telling me I have "such beautiful hair" and that I should "never cut it". I said thanks and turned back around, since I would feel pretty bad yelling at a couple of old men.

Then I heard them say to each other "Actually, a lot of the other girls here looks pretty good too". :bigeyes:

And when we were sitting down eating, the old men were at the table behind me. My friend turned to me and said "Don't look now but I think those two old men are taking pictures of you".

I was creeped out but I couldn't leave yet because my mom wanted me to stay since it was her boyfriend's daughter's party. I left as soon as I could though. shudder:

MissHair
January 31st, 2012, 08:23 AM
OK, so I haven't read this thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned earlier. I remember back in the late 90's when I saw a story about a girl who had tailbone-longer hair who went into a jacuzzi pool and when she apparently dropped something in the pool, like a ring or a jewellery, she went looking for it. Her hair caught the suction-system and she was caught in it, unable to get to the surface. She was unconscious but luckily saved with CPR and rushed to the hospital. I remember seeing this on one of those ''rescue operation'' shows.

Amber_Maiden
January 31st, 2012, 08:41 AM
OK, so I haven't read this thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned earlier. I remember back in the late 90's when I saw a story about a girl who had tailbone-longer hair who went into a jacuzzi pool and when she apparently dropped something in the pool, like a ring or a jewellery, she went looking for it. Her hair caught the suction-system and she was caught in it, unable to get to the surface. She was unconscious but luckily saved with CPR and rushed to the hospital. I remember seeing this on one of those ''rescue operation'' shows.

Nope it wasn't mentioned!
I remember that news story! Scary!!!

Ligeia_13
January 31st, 2012, 08:44 AM
That nearly happened to me once in a pool. *shiver* never go swimming in a pool with long hair loose!

Amber_Maiden
January 31st, 2012, 08:46 AM
That nearly happened to me once in a pool. *shiver* never go swimming in a pool with long hair loose!

Now I know what acrylic hairsticks are for!

turtlelover
January 31st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Years ago a co-worker got her long hair caught in a paper shredder. They had to cut a chunk of it to free her, and her scalp was seriously bruised. ALWAYS wear your hair up around equipment!!!!!

bedazzlecat
January 31st, 2012, 03:02 PM
This is gross....

I have a baby and shed a lot. Hair gets on clothes, blankets,etc. Babies put everything in their mouths... Changing a diaper, I was cleaning her bum and found a hair that had passed through and I had to pull the rest of it out. ::shudders::

Amber_Maiden
January 31st, 2012, 03:05 PM
This is gross....

I have a baby and shed a lot. Hair gets on clothes, blankets,etc. Babies put everything in their mouths... Changing a diaper, I was cleaning her bum and found a hair that had passed through and I had to pull the rest of it out. ::shudders::

That's happened to me- except with pet reptiles...

Chetanlaiho
January 31st, 2012, 03:19 PM
When we were living in The Hague in Holland (maybe there's something about Holland ?)
Please don't say that, I'm stuck living here for at least another three years :P

Kitsu
January 31st, 2012, 05:41 PM
This is gross....

This used to happen to me. My little brother when he was a baby would pull my hair out and eat it. Then I would get told off for letting him. But I was only 5 :(

HappyHair87
January 31st, 2012, 05:44 PM
LOL i'm glad my hair hides how long it really is!:laugh:

At my old job i had managers that ambushed me by putting there fingers IN my fro!! I style my hair a certain way and i like it to stay that way...they made it so frizzy! I was caught so off guard i didnt' know what to say. So the next day i told one of them i didn't appreciate them putting their hands all up in my hair like that...i told him it literally felt like rape...it did!

I don't mind if ppl ask me, or boing a curl...i understand the fascination...but do NOT DIG in my hair!!

I guess he told the other managers bc that never happened again. I was informed later by a friend that i can actually report them for that....so next time that happens i will...its harrassment. Not only did they dig their fingers in my hair...but one manager even put a pen in it to watch it stand up...and laughed. I told him that wasn't funny. It was extra humiliating bc i was the only Black person working there as well. But...i got over it...just thought i'd share the story.

magicatt
January 31st, 2012, 10:55 PM
The creepiest thing that ever happened to my hair was when I was maybe 14 or 15. My sister and I (we both had hair to our mid-back at that point) were riding a roller coaster. There were two guys in the seats behind us. While we waited for everyone to be seated, the guys behind us were whispering to each other but we weren't paying attention. As the coaster started to climb the first hill, suddenly there were hands in my hair. My sister squealed at the same time. Apparently, these guys grabbed our hair and they kept saying "Don't worry. We just want to see it fly." Yeah, it was creepy and I wasn't able to get my hair away from them because of the harness on the coaster. At the end my sister and I got off and ran away from these guys who were very interested in coming toward us again. We ducked into the crowd, knocking a couple of people over and running like our lives depended on it. In the end, we discovered something sort of gooey and sticky in our hair. I can't say for certain what it was but I'm thinking it was a bodily fluid and that grossed me out so much. We begged our parents to take us home and we both washed the heck out of our hair. :disgust:

Vanille_
January 31st, 2012, 10:57 PM
The creepiest thing that ever happened to my hair was when I was maybe 14 or 15. My sister and I (we both had hair to our mid-back at that point) were riding a roller coaster. There were two guys in the seats behind us. While we waited for everyone to be seated, the guys behind us were whispering to each other but we weren't paying attention. As the coaster started to climb the first hill, suddenly there were hands in my hair. My sister squealed at the same time. Apparently, these guys grabbed our hair and they kept saying "Don't worry. We just want to see it fly." Yeah, it was creepy and I wasn't able to get my hair away from them because of the harness on the coaster. At the end my sister and I got off and ran away from these guys who were very interested in coming toward us again. We ducked into the crowd, knocking a couple of people over and running like our lives depended on it. In the end, we discovered something sort of gooey and sticky in our hair. I can't say for certain what it was but I'm thinking it was a bodily fluid and that grossed me out so much. We begged our parents to take us home and we both washed the heck out of our hair. :disgust:

Just... wow... I can't believe some people! That is so sad.

fridgee
February 1st, 2012, 10:36 AM
Nothing creepy has ever happened to me but this happened a few towns along the coast from me, I'm sure you must have heard of it. A woman was found murdered and the killer put a clump of her hair in one of her hands and a clump of someone else's hair in the other. They still don't know who's hair that was. SO CREEPY At one point they were appealing to people who might have had locks of hair cut off while on public transport to try and find where the hair had come from and who the killer was. There was a murder in Italy with a similar MO too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-13943203

princessp
February 1st, 2012, 10:51 AM
I had some guy at a party tell me I wasn't allowed to have long hair because it was too crazy, long, and sexy. He kept saying "how can you just have that hair?"and "it's too much". And that I was being unfair for having my hair out. He was serious and actually seemed mad as if I had broken some law. I have no idea if that was him hitting on me, but there was nothing flattering about what he said it just creeped me out (and consequently I wore my hair up a lot more after that). I think it is the oddest and most inexplicable comment I've received regarding my hair.

thelittleredfox
February 1st, 2012, 11:39 AM
I worked in a library, and a customer once came up and started stroking my hair. Another time he went and got an art book to show me some pre-raphaelite paintings (I have red hair). It doesn't sound that strange, but he didn't want to let go of my hair - and he was a little strange.

My favourite gross hair story:
My ex boyfriend had several cats. I had one sitting on my while we watched tv one night. I drove home, and got up in the morning to have breakfast. I was sitting at the table reading the paper when I saw something leap off my hair and land on the paper. I looked and thought "that looks like a flea" so I squashed it. Then another one leapt off my scalp and landed on the paper. And another. And another... until I ran to the bathroom and shampooed my hair about 10 times. It was just the thought that the fleas had been nestled cosily into my hair all night while I slept and I was completely unaware. I've never had nits - the thought of it completely freaks me out.

MonaLisa
February 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
I worked in a library, and a customer once came up and started stroking my hair. Another time he went and got an art book to show me some pre-raphaelite paintings (I have red hair). It doesn't sound that strange, but he didn't want to let go of my hair - and he was a little strange.

My favourite gross hair story:
My ex boyfriend had several cats. I had one sitting on my while we watched tv one night. I drove home, and got up in the morning to have breakfast. I was sitting at the table reading the paper when I saw something leap off my hair and land on the paper. I looked and thought "that looks like a flea" so I squashed it. Then another one leapt off my scalp and landed on the paper. And another. And another... until I ran to the bathroom and shampooed my hair about 10 times. It was just the thought that the fleas had been nestled cosily into my hair all night while I slept and I was completely unaware. I've never had nits - the thought of it completely freaks me out.

I hope you are aware that humans can't have fleas ( they can get bitten and temporaryly carry them but they won't stay as permanenet inhabitants) and cats can't host lice :)
BTW, is nits the name for fleas' eggs also?

Anywhere
February 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM

:puke: That's actually very disturbing to think about.

rogue_butterfly
February 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Wow... I always keep my hair inside my coat and scarf on the bus because it's warmer for me and safer for it... but I always have it exposed in the summer and have never had a problem... thank God...

I don't have any overly creepy stories, but on the pet note, I did cut off a tiny bit of my hamster's hair and tape it into my diary. I still have that.

But I am cringing over all of the stories of people getting hair cut off on buses and trains. UGH. I literally cannot imagine. I never even thought of that as even a vague possibility. It always seemed so... surreal. Ugh.

I actually did have one guinea pig who would EAT my hair... like, literally... I could not have her out of the cage. I would go to clean the cage... I'd carry her from the cage to the couch... and when I put her down, there was a small chunk of my hair sticking out of her mouth that she was gradually crunching down... and she'd bite it off before she ate it, so it literally took her less than second to snip it off. Ugh.

Did NOT have a decent relationship with that housepet...

Liene
February 1st, 2012, 06:18 PM

Oooh! The same thing happend to me! Only, the teacher was a single man in his 20's, and I was 16. He said 'Wauw, your hair most be great to hold on to when... *digusting wink wink* you know*.

That was a big fat 'Yikes!'-moment! He said more of those things to me, but those weren't hair-related...

Anonther creepy moment was when a boy in my class became obsessed with my hair and wanting to cut it off. He scared me with his scissors all the time, I wasn't even thinking about my hair, I really tought he would cut my ear off with his crazy moves. Then it became a real joke to him, and he drew me little pictures of 'haircuts with silly names' he wanted to give me ('the pineapple' was even quite funny, in retrospect :D )

rakueru
February 1st, 2012, 08:16 PM
I almost cried reading some of these. I'm more than a little scared. Lol, I'm sure it'll wear off by tomorrow, but I think I want to make sure to wear my hair up more often, no matter what.

sfgirl
February 2nd, 2012, 01:55 AM
This is creapy and a bit funny:

A friend of mine has a doughter who had beautiful waist length hair by the age of 4!! It was blond, thick and wavy, gorgeous! Anyway, when they were in Egypt on vacation a creepy old guy followed them every day, trying to touch little girls hair, talking to them in egyptian and waved with a gold necklace or something. When thay got back home my friend wanted o chop of her daughters hair so... she pulled the hair to the front, making a ponytail at the top of her forehead and cut it.. The poor girl looked so wierd, the bangs were very VERY short (maybe 1 cm) sticking right out and the rest of the hair was in a strange layerd cut.. :wail:

This is sad:
I work in a hospital so I'm kind of used to all kinds of patients, I don't get chocked anymore :p One day I had a patient, a guy, who I was supposed to do an EEG on. Anyways , he came in to the room and I started the explain about the procedure and electrodes... I saw that the guy was starting to nervously moving in his chair. When I was going to start he shouted "Wait!". He became even more nervous and told me that he wears a toupee, a hair piece. "Oh well" :shrug:I thought "No big deal", but I saw he was very uncomfortable by this and thought it was super embarrassing! He almost started crying when he took it off. I reassured him that it's okay and that I'll try to do the exam quickly so he did't have to be without it for a long time. He became more relaxed with time, but he closed his eyes while I was putting the electrodes on his head. Poor guy! :( I've begun to see these men different now .. Always thought it was pure vanity, but it is much more behind it!

Hmmm. I don't think I'd do that to my daughter. There's always going to be creeps, even if your kid is wearing shorts on a hot day. I understand why your friend did it, but I'm not sure if I personally would.

ABout the man! That s so sad. Men get judged just as hard as women a lot of ways, and it's hard on them. There's no "balding is a natural part of aging" messages we have for wrinkles, no "it's ok to be a little bit pudgy!" messages either. If a guy isn't ripped he doesn't have a "hot bod". I like my guys to not be fat, because I will worry about them health wise, but actually too much muscle makes me question what they do with their time, besides work out. It kind of sucks. :(

thelittleredfox
February 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
I hope you are aware that humans can't have fleas ( they can get bitten and temporaryly carry them but they won't stay as permanenet inhabitants) and cats can't host lice :)
BTW, is nits the name for fleas' eggs also?

I'm aware that those were cat fleas just temporarily nestling into my hair, yes :) Hence no bites. Still didn't appreciate the idea of them having been on my scalp all night, though!

I'm not sure about nits as a name for flea eggs, I think it is just head lice eggs (I was just making the connection between two things that can live in hair whether animal or human) but I just looked up "flea eggs" on google images and it put me off my dinner...

Woods Nymph
February 2nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
Well, this thread has effectively made me unwilling to wear my hair down in public ever again! shudder:

elizlovescrisro
February 2nd, 2012, 10:02 PM
My mom told me that one of her cousins had really long pretty hair. While she was sleeping one day, another cousin chopped it all of. I think the motive was jealousy but I'm not sure. This was right before her wedding too. :( How can people do that?

FrozenBritannia
February 3rd, 2012, 07:54 AM
My mom told me that one of her cousins had really long pretty hair. While she was sleeping one day, another cousin chopped it all of. I think the motive was jealousy but I'm not sure. This was right before her wedding too. :( How can people do that?

Did she marry the sissor happy cousins ex boyfriend or crush or something? That seems a bit extreme even for jealousy, to do it right before the wedding..

PinkyCat
February 3rd, 2012, 08:30 AM

OMG! I would have beat that cousin to a pulp! :patrol:

Lucie159
February 3rd, 2012, 09:30 AM
I read this story once and googled it so I could share. This kind of creeped me out. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312588,00.html

I don't have people mess with my hair to much, but its not super long (yet) either. But since I do have curly hair people do tend to want to pull on my curls, thats kind of irritating.

Amber_Maiden
February 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
I read this story once and googled it so I could share. This kind of creeped me out. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312588,00.html

I don't have people mess with my hair to much, but its not super long (yet) either. But since I do have curly hair people do tend to want to pull on my curls, thats kind of irritating.

Reminds me of hair bezoars. People used to think they were magic- maybe some still do!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bezoar

whitebengal
February 3rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
im neeeeevvver gonna wear my hair down in a public area again!!

SwordWomanRiona
February 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Wow, people are sooo private-space-invading and rude! :(

I hate strangers touching my hair. And it's not only the mechanical damage I worry about. I mean, why do they think they have the right or the degree of familiarity to do so, they are invading MY personal space! Sadly, the number of people who feel compelled to touch my hair has grown in the last couple of years.
I've had a couple of shop assistants commenting on how long my hair is and grabbing hold of it afterwards. Surprised me a lot, because it was so unexpected. So much I was at a loss to say anything once.
When I last went to the dentist, I was wearing my hair in a flipped-up bun with a hairstick, and it was very uncomfortable when I had to lie down, so I took the hairstick off, my hair cascaded over the edge of the seat, and what did the dentist do but go and take hold of all my length in her arms and start fondling it? I mean, excuse me? I hated that!
But I think the creepiest hair story I have is this: Back in the Summer, I was in the city with my mum, and this Romanian woman grabbed hold of my braided ponytail, grabbed hold of it hard, just as I was about to cross the street, and wouldn't let go of it until I shoved her off. Did it a bit roughly, yes, but i was shaken and it seemed like the only way, and come on, who on earth goes to you to do that?!

But all that is not going to make me go out with my hair up all the time. Not me! I have a right to have my hair down, it's my hair, and if anyone wants to fondle it, they'll end up with a sharp response, minimum! Huh.

thelittleredfox
February 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM

This happened to an ex boyfriend of mine, who had shoulder length hair. He passed out after a pretty heavy party night at a friend's house, and another couple of 'friends' shaved off all his hair AND shaved his eyebrows off when he was dead to the world. He never forgave it - he cried! Men can be attached to their hair, too.

SwordWomanRiona
February 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM

I agree! These kind of things make me sooo furious!! :mad:

SwordWomanRiona
February 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hmmm. I don't think I'd do that to my daughter. There's always going to be creeps, even if your kid is wearing shorts on a hot day. I understand why your friend did it, but I'm not sure if I personally would.

[Sorry, this is a rant, slightly off-topic, maybe]

No one should do that to their children. Children aren't property, it's high time all parents got over it (and there are so many that don't)! I find creepy stalkers like the man in the story utterly disgusting, but I hate parents who cut off their children's hair without their permission with a passion too. Don't they realize how much they can hurt their children's self-esteem? Why don't they realize children aren't there to decorate their world?
They should have protected her from the stalking scumbag, not cut her hair off!

Sushi144
February 3rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
This happened to an ex boyfriend of mine, who had shoulder length hair. He passed out after a pretty heavy party night at a friend's house, and another couple of 'friends' shaved off all his hair AND shaved his eyebrows off when he was dead to the world. He never forgave it - he cried! Men can be attached to their hair, too.

Of course they can ! This is so cruel. :(

Amelie
February 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Some of these stories are pretty horrid! Not read the whole thread but a lot of posts earlier on were about people having their hair cut. Interesting fact: cutting a significant amount of someones hair without their permission amounts to ABH (actual bodily harm) in the UK and is punishable by imprisonment!

littleizz
February 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Not creepy, but since people are talking about non-consentual haircutting...

My aunt lives in Texas and decided to take her pomeranian to a new grooming salon. Turned out the Mexican gentleman working there didn't speak the best english. He thought the pomeranian was a chihuahua. He shaved it.

sfgirl
February 4th, 2012, 02:58 AM

No one should do that to their children. Children aren't property, it's high time all parents got over it (and there are so many that don't)! I find creepy stalkers like the man in the story utterly disgusting, but I hate parents who cut off their children's hair without their permission with a passion too. Don't they realize how much they can hurt their children's self-esteem? Why don't they realize children aren't there to decorate their world?

Yes, it's upsetting too. Pretty little girls probably are going to have creepers. Pedophiles like children, not children's hair. I think the only reason to cut a child's hair is a. they want to get it cut, and I wouldn't stop them. and b. that's the only option. Like a little girl who tangles easily, won't let anyone brush her hair, and doesn't like having her hair up so it doesn't tangle.
It's sad they had to give her such a bad hair cut too. I believe they should have acted differently, but maybe they truly thought they were doing the right thing. :/ so it's a lose lose scenario.

darkrose
February 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I have a scary one, and please don't read if your faint hearted. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there was a documentary on it. Basically a girl came into the hospital complaining of scalp issues. Her hair was very thick, therefore it was hard for anyone to see the scalp. So, after several tries to get the doctors to believe that her scalp really hurt, she got them to shave a bit of her hair. That's when they saw her scalp literally moving. She had a nest of worms ( or something like that, I can't remember ) under her skin. Luckily the doctors when able to get them out.
Because of this I can't lie down in grass without a hat. It freaks me out badly.

darkrose
February 4th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I have a scary one, and please don't read if your faint hearted. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but there was a documentary on it. Basically a girl came into the hospital complaining of scalp issues. Her hair was very thick, therefore it was hard for anyone to see the scalp. So, after several tries to get the doctors to believe that her scalp really hurt, she got them to shave a bit of her hair. That's when they saw her scalp literally moving. She had a nest of worms ( or something like that, I can't remember ) under her skin. Luckily the doctors when able to get them out.
Because of this I can't lie down in grass without a hat. It freaks me out badly.

darkrose
February 4th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Sorry, got posted twice. :(

white.chocolate
February 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
im neeeeevvver gonna wear my hair down in a public area again!!

I hear you! I already certainly don't wear my hair down in public. There are many weird people around me I don't know, and they can do anything to my hair, like cut it from my behind. No way I'm taking that risk! It's not just the kids I'm talking about. I wear my hair down only around people I trust.

littleizz
February 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Because of this I can't lie down in grass without a hat. It freaks me out badly.UGH I saw that documentary. She said there were bugs in her head and they thought she was crazy until they saw the little things crawling through her hair and just disappear under her skin. GAH-ross.

pepperminttea
February 4th, 2012, 11:14 AM
darkrose, if you can remember the name of the documentary, I'm tempted to look it up. It'd be like an LHC-specific horror movie. :p

darkrose
February 4th, 2012, 11:19 AM
@pepperminntea. I think this is it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0833834/

pepperminttea
February 4th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Thanks! .......

Cjatje
February 4th, 2012, 12:00 PM

I'm quite certain they were followed because of the girl's haircolor, not the length...
In Egypt they don't have blondes, so it's special for them...
When we went there with my back then 4- Year old sister, every one wanted to touch her hair, men and women... My sister loved the attention though ;)

sfgirl
February 4th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'm quite certain they were followed because of the girl's haircolor, not the length...
In Egypt they don't have blondes, so it's special for them...
When we went there with my back then 4- Year old sister, every one wanted to touch her hair, men and women... My sister loved the attention though ;)

Exactly. When it comes down to it, you will never protect your child from creeps thinking about them, but you can protect things from happening to them. It's like not letting your kids run around in shorts when they play in the sprinkler.

Maelyssa
February 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM

Ok I haven't even seen the documentary but I now officially have the super creepy crawlies and itches just by thinking about this.....yuck yuck triple gross eeww!

Maelyssa
February 4th, 2012, 12:53 PM

Absolutely eeww!

cobden 28
February 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I don't know whether this incident could be described properly as creepy or just plain frightening, but it happened to me at 2 am on the morning of 23rd December 2010.

I have waist-length hair which I always wear loose in bed and on the date/time in question I was fast asleep in bed beside my husband, when all of a sudden I woke up suddenly (normally I'm a very sound sleeper) with the whole of the right side of my body from head to toe NUMB and not able to move. I recognised the symptoms at once as a stroke, which is a medical emergency so of course my first thought was to wake up my sleeping husband for him to phone straight away for an ambulance. The phone is on Mike's side of the bed. Mike is also a very sound sleeper and I just could not wake him; because of how I was lying in bed I didn't have the muscular strength to dig him in the ribs hard enough to wake him and because Mike was lying on the loose ends of my hair I couldn't roll over onto my right side to reach my mobile phone which was in my handbag, just out of reach on my right side.

I therefore had to just lie there till Mike woke up naturally of his own accord at around 8 am, with the whole of my right-hand side still totally numb for those six hours. Once I'd managed to convince Mike there really was something the matter and that an ambulance should definitely be called, he dialled 999, got dressed quickly and very shortly I was in hospital. I was only kept in for a few hours under observation, was told it was a mini-stroke (TIA) but that I should really not have waited six hours before ringing for an ambulance.

This wasn't my first stroke and I knew exactly what was happening to me, but the reason I didn't ring in immediatley for am ambulance was that I could neither wake my husband for him to ring in for me, nor roll over to reach my mobile which was just out of my reach.

Luckily it was only a mini-stroke and not a full stroke, but at 2 am and in the pitch dark I had no way of knowing whether it was a major, disabling sort of stroke or just a minor one that I'd recover from quickly. That's what I found so alarming, thinking at the time 'what if this will leave me seriously disabled?'

I still wear my hair loose in bed but I make sure Mike can't lie on the ends now!

VikingVampChick
February 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
@pepperminntea. I think this is it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0833834/

I caught that one. Ugh. Scary as all get-out.

Woods Nymph
February 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I don't know whether this incident could be described properly as creepy or just plain frightening, but it happened to me at 2 am on the morning of 23rd December 2010.

I have waist-length hair which I always wear loose in bed and on the date/time in question I was fast asleep in bed beside my husband, when all of a sudden I woke up suddenly (normally I'm a very sound sleeper) with the whole of the right side of my body from head to toe NUMB and not able to move. I recognised the symptoms at once as a stroke, which is a medical emergency so of course my first thought was to wake up my sleeping husband for him to phone straight away for an ambulance. The phone is on Mike's side of the bed. Mike is also a very sound sleeper and I just could not wake him; because of how I was lying in bed I didn't have the muscular strength to dig him in the ribs hard enough to wake him and because Mike was lying on the loose ends of my hair I couldn't roll over onto my right side to reach my mobile phone which was in my handbag, just out of reach on my right side.

I therefore had to just lie there till Mike woke up naturally of his own accord at around 8 am, with the whole of my right-hand side still totally numb for those six hours. Once I'd managed to convince Mike there really was something the matter and that an ambulance should definitely be called, he dialled 999, got dressed quickly and very shortly I was in hospital. I was only kept in for a few hours under observation, was told it was a mini-stroke (TIA) but that I should really not have waited six hours before ringing for an ambulance.

This wasn't my first stroke and I knew exactly what was happening to me, but the reason I didn't ring in immediatley for am ambulance was that I could neither wake my husband for him to ring in for me, nor roll over to reach my mobile which was just out of my reach.

Luckily it was only a mini-stroke and not a full stroke, but at 2 am and in the pitch dark I had no way of knowing whether it was a major, disabling sort of stroke or just a minor one that I'd recover from quickly. That's what I found so alarming, thinking at the time 'what if this will leave me seriously disabled?'

I still wear my hair loose in bed but I make sure Mike can't lie on the ends now!

I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you!
I like how the hospital told you that you shouldn't have waited six hours to call--like you did it on purpose! :rolleyes:

StellaKatherine
February 23rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
A friend of my had classical lenght very light and very thick natural blond hair ( i think iii ). She used to wear it in a braid. One day she went into a very crowded buss, she felt like someone touched her hair, but she didn't really make a big deal of it as so many people were standing around, so it was hard not to touch anyone. When she came out of the buss she felt odd as her head felt so light. She touched her head a found out that some bastard cutted her whole braid ! She never grow her hair long after that as i know :( I am sure someone cutted to sell the braid !:mad:

Lipbalmbabe
February 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Yuck! I would feel so used, and just creeped out. If a worker does this you could file a harassment charge.

Debra83
March 16th, 2012, 05:04 PM

My grandmother was swimming under water as a teenager when someone dove off a diving board and "landed" on her knocking her out. Her whole head of hair had turned white by the next day...doctors told her it was from shock. She had to dye her hair ever after.

Ligeia_13
March 16th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Well, this thread has effectively made me unwilling to wear my hair down in public ever again! shudder:

Me too. I can't believe how many poeple have been harassed over hair. And having it cut while you're asleep? That's just evil :(

Ligeia_13
March 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Accidental double post

Nedertane
March 16th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Hm. I have one, though I guess it's more angering than really creepy. Can't believe I'd forgotten about it until now (guess I just didn't let these jerks get to me :)). Here goes, though:

I'd been picked on pretty much from K - 12. Some periods were worse than others, and the worst was 5th through 8th grade. This here happened in 8th grade gym class (the source of all horror stories from puberty :p). In addition to a group of girls, there was a group of boys who decided to pick on me, even though I'd never met most, if not all of them.

One day, we were running laps around the track, and on the track, there was this big, squashed bug - maybe a large grasshopper, or something. After a lap or two, a couple of the boys screamed at me from behind, demanding to know why I "killed it"..

Next lap around, I feel something squishy just sorta plop into my hair. I finger-combed it out, and THERE WAS THAT BUG (here was my emotional reaction: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/210/403/OhCrap.png and http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/076/537/Super_FUUU_Face.jpg?1318992465). The boys were cackling and howling about it, but I didn't say a word and pretended it hardly bothered me. When class ended, I brushed the hell out of my hair in the locker room, and washed it like crazy when I got home (SO thankful that that was my last class of the day then).

People can be awful, eh?

Amber_Maiden
March 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hm. I have one, though I guess it's more angering than really creepy. Can't believe I'd forgotten about it until now (guess I just didn't let these jerks get to me :)). Here goes, though:

I'd been picked on pretty much from K - 12. Some periods were worse than others, and the worst was 5th through 8th grade. This here happened in 8th grade gym class (the source of all horror stories from puberty :p). In addition to a group of girls, there was a group of boys who decided to pick on me, even though I'd never met most, if not all of them.

One day, we were running laps around the track, and on the track, there was this big, squashed bug - maybe a large grasshopper, or something. After a lap or two, a couple of the boys screamed at me from behind, demanding to know why I "killed it"..

Next lap around, I feel something squishy just sorta plop into my hair. I finger-combed it out, and THERE WAS THAT BUG (here was my emotional reaction: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/210/403/OhCrap.png and http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/076/537/Super_FUUU_Face.jpg?1318992465). The boys were cackling and howling about it, but I didn't say a word and pretended it hardly bothered me. When class ended, I brushed the hell out of my hair in the locker room, and washed it like crazy when I got home (SO thankful that that was my last class of the day then).

People can be awful, eh?

WOW! That is so freaking mean... I don't get people, and I especially don't get teenagers- gene though I once was one... High school sucked for me as well.

I remember that people would put things in my hair on the bus, without me noticing, because my hair was so thick. I would find metal clips for papers and gum in my hair- and I would have to sit through most of the day with them, or cut them out in the bathroom.. :(

unknown
March 17th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure I want to grow out my hair anymore. :(
The stories about people cutting your hair off in public on buses and such scares me a lot...

Xandergrammy
March 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM

People can be awful, eh?

I can so relate to your experience. I too was bullied my entire school career but your story reminds me of one time, I was in 9th grade.(not a creepy hair story, but still creepy) I walked in to English class and sat down. I was a little bit late for class, but not enough to have gotten into trouble. As soon as I sat down everyone started looking at me and pointing and laughing. One kid, Philip Greenwald, laughed like a freakin' hyena. I looked down and I WAS SITTING ON A FROG'S LEG!! Apparently snatched from biology class. Of course I screamed and jumped up and was so upset I was crying. To this day I don't understand what was so funny about doing that to a person who never harmed anyone. :sad

skaempfer
March 17th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Oh, man. Humans are so much scarier than sharks.

Nedertane
March 17th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I can so relate to your experience. I too was bullied my entire school career but your story reminds me of one time, I was in 9th grade.(not a creepy hair story, but still creepy) I walked in to English class and sat down. I was a little bit late for class, but not enough to have gotten into trouble. As soon as I sat down everyone started looking at me and pointing and laughing. One kid, Philip Greenwald, laughed like a freakin' hyena. I looked down and I WAS SITTING ON A FROG'S LEG!! Apparently snatched from biology class. Of course I screamed and jumped up and was so upset I was crying. To this day I don't understand what was so funny about doing that to a person who never harmed anyone. :sad

That is horrible! While I know deep down that kids/teens do this because they're typically unhappy with themselves, I will never understand how they can make into a "fun game" when they take it out on others. :(

humble_knight
March 17th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure I want to grow out my hair anymore. :(
The stories about people cutting your hair off in public on buses and such scares me a lot...

I think that one can travel on buses and the tube/metro/subway without having too much fear about random scissor-happy nutjobs. If one's hair is in a plait, or loose, then the person is increasing the risk of being attacked by hair nutters. How many long-haired folk have been attacked when their hair was tied up in a bun? I'm guessing much fewer than folk wearing plaits, or loose hair.

The saddest story I heard was from someone who told me that girls in her class set fire to her hip-length hair one day. The bullying continued, unfortunately, so her parents withdrew her from that school and placed her somewhere else.

Jessibear2854
March 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM
All these stories of people have their hair cut at bus stations and such is really making me vow to always wear my hair up while out and about. The creepiest thing that has happened to me is that since I've henna'ed my hair, several guys on my bus to college have started staring at me. And it's not the kind of staring where if I send them a dirty look they stop. They just keep staring. Ugh. That's one reason I really wanted to get the henna out, because of all the undo attention.

Calaelen
March 17th, 2012, 08:55 PM
My most recent one is sort of funny, but also disturbed me.

In October, I had a heart attack caused by a huge blood clot in my lung, and when I was taken into the hospital it was very late at night as I was getting ready for bed. So, my hair was down to be de-tangled. When I got to the hospital I was in and out of consiousness, and every single person working there was so busy paying attention to my hair, that it delayed me getting seen immediately. Since this initial hospital stay, there have been several other emergencies that have taken me back to ER, and each time, people working there have been making a big fuss of my hair. It's funny, but I really think that my hair shouldn't come into conversation while I am dying...

MoonLover
March 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
When I was in JHS, an amazing teacher of mine told us many things I would never forget. One important thing he told us is that if we see a man touching or sniffing a stranger's hair in public that we must shout at him to stop right away and make sure he is very publicly shamed. The reason for this is that when a man touches or sniffs a woman's hair without her consent is this is just a step towards becoming a rapist. This is the first step in forcing yourself on a woman without her consent. I didn't understand why it was such a big deal but years later I watched a CSI episode that had just that premise. I know it's not always based on true stories but it kept this cemented in my brain.

So please, if this ever happens to any of you again or you see it happening to someone else, stop it before he escalates.

Seeshami
March 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM
2nd story: wow! I've also heard of that happening. I actually had a patch of white grow behind my left hair after a traumatic experience. One day it was auburn, like the rest of my hair (I had BSL at the time), and about a week later I noticed that about 20 hairs had turned white all in a clump. It was weird. It's never gone back to normal... and it looks really weird if I don't dye it/henna it. happened when I was 17.

Middle sister had a head trauma too and has a white streak. She leaves hers and I think it looks pretty awesome.:cheese:

No creepy hair stories for me though. Sorry

Slug Yoga
March 17th, 2012, 09:31 PM

In October, I had a heart attack caused by a huge blood clot in my lung, and when I was taken into the hospital it was very late at night as I was getting ready for bed. So, my hair was down to be de-tangled. When I got to the hospital I was in and out of consiousness, and every single person working there was so busy paying attention to my hair, that it delayed me getting seen immediately. Since this initial hospital stay, there have been several other emergencies that have taken me back to ER, and each time, people working there have been making a big fuss of my hair. It's funny, but I really think that my hair shouldn't come into conversation while I am dying...

Yikes, that is disturbing! Definitely some misplaced priorities there. I hope all of that didn't have a significant effect on your health.

As for the hair turning white thing... I've heard so many stories about it, and I just don't get how that would work... Your hair turns white because there is no longer any pigment in it, right? I understand how it might start growing in white, but how could existing hair on your head become white all of a sudden? Like how could the pigment leave your entire hair-shaft? Anyone got an explanation? :confused:

I think I mentioned this story in another thread... it wasn't "creepy" in the same way as many of these, but it certainly made me go :bigeyes:

After starting a new job, I took my hair down at work while we were in the kitchen on break. My co-workers hadn't realized that my hair was long. While my back was turned, one of them shouted, "LOOK AT HER HAIR!!!! LOOK AT HER HAIR!!!"
"What?"
"IT'S REALLY LONG!!!"
My boss then looked and saw that my hair was indeed long. She said, "CUT IT OFF! LOCKS OF LOVE! CUT IT OFF!" Like I guess that was her kneejerk reaction to seeing long hair.

No thanks. :bigeyes: I feel confident, though, that neither of them was the type to actually cut it off without me knowing it or anything, unlike some of you guys' co-workers. They're both lovely people, and the first woman later complimented me on my hair, but it was kind of a weird incident.

Calaelen
March 17th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Yikes, that is disturbing! Definitely some misplaced priorities there. I hope all of that didn't have a significant effect on your health.

I think I mentioned this story in another thread... it wasn't "creepy" in the same way as many of these, but it certainly made me go :bigeyes:

After starting a new job, I took my hair down at work while we were in the kitchen on break. My co-workers hadn't realized that my hair was long. While my back was turned, one of them shouted, "LOOK AT HER HAIR!!!! LOOK AT HER HAIR!!!"
"What?"
"IT'S REALLY LONG!!!"
My boss then looked and saw that my hair was indeed long. She said, "CUT IT OFF! LOCKS OF LOVE! CUT IT OFF!" Like I guess that was her kneejerk reaction to seeing long hair.

I wouldn't say that the hair thing significantly affected my health. What does, though, is that despite 3 very serious medication allergies (anaphylaxis) two different times I was in ER entirely different nurses tried to give me one of these meds intravenously. Then they lost my very expensive retainer for balancing my jaw, they dropped a 32 lb IV unit on my head causing a concussion, they switched my meds and took me off bed rest over Thanksgiving holidays, against my attending doctor's orders...and on and on..End Rant.
I am now getting better.

As for your co-workers, I don't understand where some people get off, thinking they have the right to say that kind of stuff. It's just annoying, and usually the person saying such things looks so ignorant.

SunlightShines
March 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM
A co-worker of mine has a couple of cats that like to sleep on her pillow. She woke up one night because on of the cats was licking her hair. When she went into the bathroom she found that the cat had eaten the section of hair. There was only an inch left. The next day she had to have bangs cut in to try to hide the area. **No pets in the bed!!

Lisabunny
March 17th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Apparently when I was 6 and my brother was 11 he deceived to play barber with me when Mom was not looking. My hair was about TBL. He cut it all off. Needless to say he could not sit for a week once Dad came home.:pins:

hototogisu
March 18th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I've already told this, but recently I was on a tram with my hair loose. The woman behind me put her hands on the back of my chair, and when I shifted a little I felt a tug. I turned and realised her engagement ring was STUCK IN MY HAIR. Her response? She pulled her hand sharply away, the hairs drifting around the ring like seaweed, and kind of shook her hand and clucked in disgust, glaring at me. I come from a family of master repressers, so I just shrunk into my seat and squeaked out an apology.

There was another time I was walking home from the supermarket with my hair loose and a man on the street reached up and pulled my hair quickly and sharply, then walked away.

Needless to say, I think twice about wearing my hair loose in public now.

HollyG
March 18th, 2012, 05:14 AM
This one creeped me out
Last year i was doing an animal management course and we were over on the farm. My 'friend' (didn't get on with her but she followed us around) had hair down to her hip (which would have been really nice if it was lice free and not greasy).
Anyway obviously her hair was tied back and we noticed a calf eating the end of her pony tail, so she took it out of the calf's mouth and.....she put it in her mouth and began to eat/suck her hair where the calf had done it :-O
Her hair was still greasy the next day so she hadn't washed it either

Second Growth
March 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Yikes! I have actually worried about that, and it has happened to you! I'm still working, but nearing retirement age and not all that healthy. I wear my hair up to work, but that means there are pins and some clips and combs at times. I kind of worry that the pins would cause burns if the ER or ambulance people use electric shock paddles to get my heart to start again. What do you think?

Of the Fae
March 18th, 2012, 10:28 AM
This one creeped me out
Last year i was doing an animal management course and we were over on the farm. My 'friend' (didn't get on with her but she followed us around) had hair down to her hip (which would have been really nice if it was lice free and not greasy).
Anyway obviously her hair was tied back and we noticed a calf eating the end of her pony tail, so she took it out of the calf's mouth and.....she put it in her mouth and began to eat/suck her hair where the calf had done it :-O
Her hair was still greasy the next day so she hadn't washed it either

What??

Oh my GOD *cringe* that's the most disgusting thing I ever heard on LHC!

Gee, I'm also so surprised that so many people are being harassed by strangers because of their hair! It happened to me once when I still had dreadlocks that some complete stranger (and not to mention a rather scruffy unwashed one) was feeling up my hair behind me :S And when I looked behind me he said: "Don't worry, It's okay" and walked away, as if I was paranoid for looking apalled. :brainbleach: What is the matter with those people?
I mean... come on! Gross!

Amber_Maiden
March 18th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I've already told this, but recently I was on a tram with my hair loose. The woman behind me put her hands on the back of my chair, and when I shifted a little I felt a tug. I turned and realised her engagement ring was STUCK IN MY HAIR. Her response? She pulled her hand sharply away, the hairs drifting around the ring like seaweed, and kind of shook her hand and clucked in disgust, glaring at me. I come from a family of master repressers, so I just shrunk into my seat and squeaked out an apology.

There was another time I was walking home from the supermarket with my hair loose and a man on the street reached up and pulled my hair quickly and sharply, then walked away.

Needless to say, I think twice about wearing my hair loose in public now.

AW! I would have been seriously offended if someone had done that!!! :mad:

Firefly
March 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Yikes. Like others I am seriously freaked out by this thread! I live in the sticks, so most places I frequent are not crowded; but I'll definitely be keeping my hair secure when I go into the city!

I don't really have any creepy stories of my own to share... the closest thing for me is, I lived in the Middle East for several years as a teen, and had some much older men make inappropriate comments about and touching of my hair (and even got a couple marriage proposals!). Even though I knew it was a cultural thing, it did creep me out a bit.

Slug Yoga
March 18th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Yikes! I have actually worried about that, and it has happened to you! I'm still working, but nearing retirement age and not all that healthy. I wear my hair up to work, but that means there are pins and some clips and combs at times. I kind of worry that the pins would cause burns if the ER or ambulance people use electric shock paddles to get my heart to start again. What do you think?

Huh, I never thought of that. I did a quick google search, and what I found (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/First_Aid/Automated_External_Defibrillation) suggested that it is metal things on the chest that are a potential hazard (like jewelry or nipple piercings), as well as non-metal things, e.g. a nicotine patch on the chest, that could catch on fire. It didn't say anything about the importance of removing earrings, glasses, etc., so I am guessing that metal things that are not on the chest are not a problem. But I'm not a medical expert, so certainly don't take my search results as gospel!

Can't believe the story about the woman putting her cow-chewed hair in her mouth! Why would you do that, whyyyyy?!?

Johanna
March 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM
The bullying stories reminded me of a photo i saw on the Icanhascheezburger network recently.
It was a picture of a girl with loose bsl-ish hair sitting at a school desk. Someone behind her, who also took the photo, had been putting the sticky page-marking tab things in her hair. There were tons in her hair!

It wasn't funny at all, I felt so sad for her.

MasCat
March 19th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Can't believe the story about the woman putting her cow-chewed hair in her mouth! Why would you do that, whyyyyy?!?

The first thing that comes to my mind is "the influence higher intelligence has on lower intelligence" :>

heidi w.
March 19th, 2012, 10:16 AM
The OP's creepy hair stories is another reason that I wear my hair up ALL the time. If someone withdrew the stick from my head, I would definitely notice.

heidi w.

jeanniet
March 19th, 2012, 11:33 AM
My boss then looked and saw that my hair was indeed long. She said, "CUT IT OFF! LOCKS OF LOVE! CUT IT OFF!"

This is the kind of stupid thing that no one in their right mind would screech at someone for any other reason than having long hair. I mean, no one ever goes down the street screaming, "YOU HAVE BLOOD! DONATE SOME!" :rolleyes:

Gothchiq
March 19th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I used to have a hair-eating cat. He would grab it up by the roots, using his teeth, and yank. I broke him of the habit by screaming NO directly in his face whenever he did it... took about 20 times to teach him it wasn't worth it.

I play constantly with my boyfriend's butt-length hair, but then again, he is my boyfriend and I have his permission. I would never go around grabbing some stranger's hair. How rude can you get, seriously?

People need to understand that being a ******ist does not entitle them to just TAKE. Or even stare. You must obtain permission from someone who is willing to participate, just like any other such activity. And for those who are jealous, they can buy a wig! I have two nice looking synthetic long/straight hair wigs, mid back length, one red and one black. They cost me $60 each. It's doable.

I have about six inches of perm damage yet to grow out of my own natural hair. sigh. What could I possibly have been thinking to do that!

unknown
March 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I mean, no one ever goes down the street screaming, "YOU HAVE BLOOD! DONATE SOME!" :rolleyes:

I might do that next time a creep is approaching me! :D

caadam
March 20th, 2012, 11:53 PM
*sigh* And I have to take a bus every single day to my college classes. Thanks, you guys. lol

Anyway, this story isn't as creepy as everyone else's, which I am thankful for, but I thought I'd contribute:

It was during the winter quarter which ended last week. It was the second to the last week of the quarter and I was heading out of my logic class and to the computer lab. During my walk, this girl came up behind me as I was a few feet from the building's doors. She had a little bit of a stutter and immediately came across as socially awkward (which I don't hold against her or anything) as she asked if I would turn around.

Well, I was facing her when she said this so I figured she meant to turn my back towards her, so I did. She went silent, then after a moment said, "Wow... that's a pretty bun." I had my hair in a infinity bun at the time which was held in place with a wooden hair fork. I thought, oh, that's nice of her, then looked over my shoulder with a grin and thanked her. I started going into the building towards the labs.

However, she wasn't done. She followed me into the building, stuttering over and over about how pretty my bun was, then about how pretty I dressed, then about how pretty my hair was in general, all the while I'm glancing at her and thanking her. Of course, I automatically could tell something was off about her; she had been following me a good amount of yards while I'm obviously trying to get somewhere yet she doesn't seem to notice. But as we approach the labs, other people start looking at us and then she says, "Uhm... excuse me?" I turned around and waited for her to speak.

"I... I hope I'm not harassing you."

I admit—I was freaked out when she was following me, but when she said this, it dissipated a little. lol She honestly wasn't trying to be creepy, but I think even she was aware of how awkward she came across, haha. So yeah. That's all I got. :) I don't hold it against her, but it's an interesting, a slightly uncomfortable memory. lol

Amber_Maiden
March 21st, 2012, 06:11 AM
*sigh* And I have to take a bus every single day to my college classes. Thanks, you guys. lol

Anyway, this story isn't as creepy as everyone else's, which I am thankful for, but I thought I'd contribute:

It was during the winter quarter which ended last week. It was the second to the last week of the quarter and I was heading out of my logic class and to the computer lab. During my walk, this girl came up behind me as I was a few feet from the building's doors. She had a little bit of a stutter and immediately came across as socially awkward (which I don't hold against her or anything) as she asked if I would turn around.

Well, I was facing her when she said this so I figured she meant to turn my back towards her, so I did. She went silent, then after a moment said, "Wow... that's a pretty bun." I had my hair in a infinity bun at the time which was held in place with a wooden hair fork. I thought, oh, that's nice of her, then looked over my shoulder with a grin and thanked her. I started going into the building towards the labs.

However, she wasn't done. She followed me into the building, stuttering over and over about how pretty my bun was, then about how pretty I dressed, then about how pretty my hair was in general, all the while I'm glancing at her and thanking her. Of course, I automatically could tell something was off about her; she had been following me a good amount of yards while I'm obviously trying to get somewhere yet she doesn't seem to notice. But as we approach the labs, other people start looking at us and then she says, "Uhm... excuse me?" I turned around and waited for her to speak.

"I... I hope I'm not harassing you."

I admit—I was freaked out when she was following me, but when she said this, it dissipated a little. lol She honestly wasn't trying to be creepy, but I think even she was aware of how awkward she came across, haha. So yeah. That's all I got. :) I don't hold it against her, but it's an interesting, a slightly uncomfortable memory. lol

Wow... Poor girl. At least she knew how she might be coming across.

Amber_Maiden
March 21st, 2012, 06:13 AM
The OP's creepy hair stories is another reason that I wear my hair up ALL the time. If someone withdrew the stick from my head, I would definitely notice.

heidi w.

Yep- that's the lesson I learned to make me always wear my hair up now.

blondecat
March 22nd, 2012, 10:07 AM

~Blaze

Did he say anything when he woke up. Surely all the people around you helping you, would haved woke him up? Wowza

Clem_Dela
March 26th, 2012, 10:40 PM
i read the entire thread and now i'm mortified!!!! :eek:

so glad i got my hair sticks in the mail today...

Clem_Dela
March 26th, 2012, 10:42 PM
One day i was at a party (July 4 party) and three different people were all playing with my hair. it wasn't creepy, they were friends, and i enjoyed the attention... it's not always bad! but these stories are terrifying! especially the one about how men who sniff/touch women's hair are likely to become rapists

C_Bookworm
March 26th, 2012, 11:03 PM
DH's sister's vacuum stopped working. When he flipped it over to look at the rolling brush, you couldn't even see it because it was so covered in her hair. She has the most beautiful red hair, but it looked scary in the vacuum. She almost stared crying when she saw it.

skaempfer
March 26th, 2012, 11:24 PM
*snip* ... especially the one about how men who sniff/touch women's hair are likely to become rapists

This is alarmist. It's just somebody's pet theory and I seriously doubt they did a statistical analysis or have any other evidence to prove it. Also, men whose eyes are close together are more likely to become serial killers and little kids who steal as toddlers are (insert manufactured percentage here) percent more likely to grow up to become theives. It's all rubish.

I grant you, it's creepy and gross, but stop scaring yourselves unnecessarily. It will make your hair fall out (also rubish.). Have fun with the stories, but just say NO to alarmist fears. :lala:

ladyfitzgerald
March 26th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I have a hair story... but not a creepy one:p

My friend in High school had floor length hair, her mom wouldn't let her cut it. She always braided it all the way down and then folded the braid and used hair ties to secure it so it rested about BSL, as you could imagine this made her braid VERY thick! As a joke our friends would use her hair to hit people because it was so thick, hehe, but any way people would always come up to her and ask her to let down her hair sort of like Rupenzel!

She cut that long hair when she was 18 all the way to SL! She liked it for a while, but her hair grows so quick! In a year she was almost at waist!

Isa Ferrara
March 27th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Thoroughly grossed/creeped out. Luckily I don't let certain fears consume me - I will definitely mostly wear my hair up in public transport now, however. I can see where that would happen - all that work! It's like someone took a part of you that you can't get back (ok, it just takes a while).

Up around machinery as well...not that I have to deal with that a lot.

I don't mind people touching my hair. I would prefer it if they asked, first...maybe I should make a sign? (When I get there in about 2 years, lol).

I had really long hair all through grade school. TBL+ when I was in elementary. I was bullied, and girls would put stuff in it (crumbs, paper clips, etc.). I told on them. They got in trouble, didn't do that anymore, but always resented me. At the time I only slightly cared, but I guess being a loner and liking it, I didn't really feel all that bullied anyway.

I did have a girl grab my ponytail and throw me on the ground, about 5th grade. That could happen to almost any length, but it sure hurt like crazy. She got in huge trouble.

JellyBene
March 28th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I am still in high school (I graduate in may) so I still have to deal with all the stuck up "popular" kids and for the most part, I just try to avoid them. But there is one boy in this crowd who has an odd obsession with my hair. He wont ever talk to me if his friends are around for fear of seeming uncool but if we are ever the first to arrive in a class he always says something like "wow, your hair is so shiny" and he is always staring at it, like prolonged staring. Well one day he was talking to his friend who bleaches her hair and she said "Tyler do you think I should dye my hair a different color?" he glanced at me and then replied "Yeah go with shiny black with red undertones, I swear thats the most beautiful color in the world". Now thats not even the odd part, one day during history class, the bell had just rang and I leaned into the aisle to grab a pencil I had dropped and this guy happened to be walking by, instead of just passing, he ran his fingers through my hair! But his finges caught on a tangle and it ripped, I looked up and gave him a 'what the heck?!' look. He has never touched my hair again.

FrozenBritannia
April 2nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
I am still in high school (I graduate in may) so I still have to deal with all the stuck up "popular" kids and for the most part, I just try to avoid them. But there is one boy in this crowd who has an odd obsession with my hair. He wont ever talk to me if his friends are around for fear of seeming uncool but if we are ever the first to arrive in a class he always says something like "wow, your hair is so shiny" and he is always staring at it, like prolonged staring. Well one day he was talking to his friend who bleaches her hair and she said "Tyler do you think I should dye my hair a different color?" he glanced at me and then replied "Yeah go with shiny black with red undertones, I swear thats the most beautiful color in the world". Now thats not even the odd part, one day during history class, the bell had just rang and I leaned into the aisle to grab a pencil I had dropped and this guy happened to be walking by, instead of just passing, he ran his fingers through my hair! But his finges caught on a tangle and it ripped, I looked up and gave him a 'what the heck?!' look. He has never touched my hair again.

Methinks he has a crush on you ;)

JellyBene
April 6th, 2012, 11:42 PM
DBF thinks he does also. Still thats no reason to feel my hair without my permission! Boys are so weird ;)

Kittyxx
April 7th, 2012, 02:49 AM
mines not overly long yet so I don't get creepiness over the length but it's red and will sometimes go really really red in some lights and it seems to make guys I've never met think it's okay to ask what I'm like in bed - i still find it rude but also a little amusing now but it's happened since I was about 11/12 - granted I looked much older but it still used to really freak me out and make me paranoid

SnowWhite
May 12th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I feel guilty to write this down because this would be a nightmare for us LHC'ers if it would happen to us. I sincerely hope this will never happen to one of you.

At school, a boy was annoying me SO MUCH that I put my chewing gum in his hair in class, it was the last lesson hour of a looong day. I know that it is stupid... It was so not me since I'm very calm and forgiving and try to be kind always and this was the wordt thing I've ever done.. I never fought, called names, yelled at or kicked someone in my life. But this guy was stalking me and annoying me so badly that I couldn't do otherwise :mad:... It helped because he was too surprised to say anything.
Then he put his chewing gum in my hair.
I came home and cut that lock of hair. It looked awkward, but I wasn't really desperate because I had layers and I knew it would grow out very fast...

Of course I would never ever do something like that again but as I said, he was driving me crazy and didn't know his limits anymore. So I did the first thing that came into my mind, which was stupid and I admit it.
After that incident, he treated me more friendly because he understood he could do a lot but not mess with me for ever.

Laur
May 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM
A male friend of mine is a long hair and a substitute art teacher - last week while he was teaching, a female student came up behind him and started running her fingers through his ponytail. He was thoroughly uncomfortable and reported it. The whole thing kind of creeped me out, as much for the odd teacher-student interaction as having a stranger get their hands in my hair!

Micayla47
May 12th, 2012, 10:30 AM
This is gross....

this has happened to me with my doggies!

pyroliske
May 12th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I don't have any creepy stories (that I can remember anyway), but I do have some hair related stories.

Once I was with a guy I was seeing (total nut job only dated a couple of months), his mum and her friend. We were crossing a road, I was watching for traffic, and a couple of birds were flying low trying to get to the ground (crow or pigeon I can't really remember). Anyway one of them flew into my hair which freaked me out as I wasn't expecting a bird to land on my head.

Another time I was with my first boyfriend, we were walking and it was a drizzly day but humid, and my hair goes frizzy and wavy then, I ran my fingers through my hair, and got stung by a wasp that had been nestling in my hair!

I've also found a flea in my hair from my cat. Always makes me feel itchy afterwards.

Recently my partner decided to run his hand through my hair, I didn't want him to and it was knotty. His hand got stuck and I just had to stand there while he unpicked my hair from his hand.

My worst hair horror stories are my trips to the hairdressers. i documented them in my blog, if you'd like to read about it you can do so here http://gingerthebiscuit.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/scissor-happy-tv.html

Two nice stories. When my previous cat got run over and died, we were devastated, but we found a clump of his fur in a cat comb from when we last brushed him, so I put it in a little case and keep it in my jewellery box.

We got a kitten a couple of years ago, and she loved to be in my hair. If I sat down she would cuddle up near my head and just paw at my hair and purr. In the night if we let her sleep in with us she would lie on top of my pillow next to my head, and just paw my hair, like a little head massage :D

She doesn't live with us anymore because she was pulling her fur out as she was stressed at being alone in the house while I was at work, so now she lives with my mother in law whose cat died last year, and she doesn't work so they can be together all day. She's very happy now.

Corticarte
May 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM
all these stories are so creepy and gross >< luckily never something like this happened to me

Corticarte
May 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM
well...once a creepy looking lady, came next to me and said to never cut my hair, and i said ok, but she insisted

TazM
May 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Well, this isn't really creepy, more sad really, my previous boss has really short hair and the subject came up in conversation one day and she said she had been sexually abused by a stranger once and that she couldn't get away from him because he was holding on to her long hair, so she cut it after that, really short so it couldn't be grabbed and it's been that way ever since. So it makes me sad to think about, like she hasn't been able to move on from it, which is understandable, but I'd love to run into her one day and see her with long hair, it might mean she's found some peace with it. But then again, for all I know she might just prefer her hair really short.

And some of these stories just reminded me of when my dog died, I'd had him forever and was devastated when he died, and some months later I was cleaning out a cupboard or something and found his old dog brush full of his hair, how I cried and cried after finding that!