PDA

View Full Version : Chop sticks

FroggyMonkeyMom
November 17th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Where can I find hair sticks because it'd looking like I'm gonna have to get some chop sticks from Pei Wei (good excuse to eat there!) Claire's didn't have them anymore! the only ones I saw were at Sally's and they didn't impress me so much.

katsrevenge
November 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM
All but one of mine started life as a take out bamboo stick! I painted them up pretty with nail polish.

The one that I bought I highly recommend. It is called a Ketylo. I'm saving up for more of them.

ladyfey
November 17th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Second the Ketylos, they really are the best!

tigereye
November 17th, 2011, 12:48 AM
The majority of mine came from either etsy or my dad when he went to Japan. I'm saving for a Ketylo too, but my hair budget is almost non-existent at the moment, because i havent been paid for last months work yet (new job + bank problems)

Kyla
November 17th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I use decorative chopsticks I buy at Asian import stores, or hair sticks I buy online. You could look at the swap board here, on etsy, and even on Amazon.

darklion
November 17th, 2011, 02:31 AM
I bought my chopsticks at an import store too. I shortened, sanded, and decorated them. They work really well!!!

FroggyMonkeyMom
November 17th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Hmm, I just might do the Pei Wei thing hahaha. I have some pretty nail polish to play with. I won't even break them apart so they'll be more like a "fork", I have never seen one of those either. I need to make sure I can actually use them properly before I spend too much for some fancy ones. I never buy stuff from the net though. I'm too old school, I guess, have to see stuff up close before I actually buy it. :rolleyes:

spidermom
November 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I buy most of my hair stuff off the swap board here. There are iTrader ratings given under the avatar, so you can always check somebody's reputation before making a deal.

pinupdancer
November 17th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Wow, those crowned Ketylo sticks are gorgeous. Now I have a new obsession. lol