PDA

View Full Version : Bella's Hair Comb

LittleOrca
November 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I am not a big Twilight fan, but I saw this and I thought it was too pretty to leave in the store. I guess this is the comb she wears to her wedding. *shrug* Either way, Hot Topic, $28.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/IMG_2825.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/IMG_2830.jpg

(Please move to proper location mods. Sorry. I thought I had clicked the right area. :) )

longhairedlady
November 16th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Arrow just made apost using the same comb and bellas hairstyle in the movie. It is so pretty , I want one!! :wail:

skaempfer
November 16th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I guess this is the comb she wears to her wedding. *shrug*

Whoa! You mean she marries that jerk?! Glad I only suffered through the first book. The comb looks very pretty on you, so I'm glad at least something good came of it! :D

PriscillaCherel
November 17th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Yes it's really beautiful! , I watched the movie yesterday! Not a big fan but love the part with the wolves!

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Whoa! You mean she marries that jerk?! Glad I only suffered through the first book. The comb looks very pretty on you, so I'm glad at least something good came of it! :D

haha! I couldn't even stand getting through any of the books, or even one movie. lol Nice comb though!

longhairedlady
November 17th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Hey yall, thems' fighting words!! Twilight is awesome! :draw: :laugh:

Alaia
November 17th, 2011, 06:16 AM
It's really gorgeous!!

Beautiful.

At least that's one good thing to come of twilight! :p

vanillabones
November 17th, 2011, 06:31 AM
I really like the first two books, and I like Kristen Stewart =) I'd probably buy this but not a cheap hot topic version :( still I might though :) it is pretty.

SunnyRainStorm
November 17th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Wow, that is so pretty. Good purchase!

VikingVampChick
November 17th, 2011, 07:07 AM
It's really gorgeous!!

Beautiful.

Let's see: Kellan Lutz, Jackson Rathbone, Charlie Bewley, Daniel Cudmore, Michael Sheen, Billy Burke, Taylor Lautner (barely - legal, but still young enough to be my son), Ashley Greene, Chaske Spencer.

I see several good things to come out of Twilight. :D

ETA: Oh, and the comb, too.

Jing
November 17th, 2011, 08:17 AM
That's going to sell like hotcakes, isn't it? Not really my kind of thing. Plus, this is where I force myself not to go off on a rant on how unhealthy, abusive and co-dependent Edward and Bella's relationship is. Cheese! :cheese:

Nightshade
November 17th, 2011, 08:33 AM
It's really gorgeous!!

Beautiful.

Rifftrax and Twilight is the best thing to come out of Twilight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2T6oMfI9Ro

"I can read every mind in this room, except for yours!"

Oh no, you can read it, there just isn't anything. :lol:

pepperminttea
November 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Plus, this is where I force myself not to go off on a rant on how unhealthy, abusive and co-dependent Edward and Bella's relationship is.

http://i41.tinypic.com/30at4qf.gif

http://i41.tinypic.com/29xg8w4.gif

Mythica
November 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/30at4qf.gif

http://i41.tinypic.com/29xg8w4.gif

That resulted in a coughing fit. Well played. :applause

@OP: The comb is very pretty and looks really nice with your hair. The blue bits really add something, too.

spidermom
November 17th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I wonder why Kristen Stewart almost always has her mouth hanging open.

The comb is pretty.

Juneii
November 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
LittleOrca you have a knack for finding beautiful movie prop combs!

pepperminttea - I saw that gif on tumblr! I thought it was hilarious!

Nightshade
November 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I wonder why Kristen Stewart almost always has her mouth hanging open.

The comb is pretty.

Reminds me of a RiffTrax quote, "I have no idea what emotion you're going for because you always just look nauseous." :lol:

Clelia
November 17th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I am not into Twilight either, but this comb is very beautiful!

MandyBeth
November 17th, 2011, 01:04 PM
That's going to sell like hotcakes, isn't it? Not really my kind of thing. Plus, this is where I force myself not to go off on a rant on how unhealthy, abusive and co-dependent Edward and Bella's relationship is. Cheese! :cheese:
Same here. Just ugh, the entire idea creeps me out. And I'm not easily creeped out.

ETA - and as I post this, my iPod decided to play Phantom of the Opera. My iPod thinks too much.

Jing
November 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Same here. Just ugh, the entire idea creeps me out. And I'm not easily creeped out.

ETA - and as I post this, my iPod decided to play Phantom of the Opera. My iPod thinks too much.

Your iPod sounds awesome.

MandyBeth
November 17th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Your iPod sounds awesome.
That it is.

battles
November 17th, 2011, 02:14 PM
The comb is pretty, but I'd refuse to wear it due to the whole Twilight thing. :run:

irishlady
November 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Umm am I the only one who likes the films? :P

I am not obsessed with it though, and won't see it at the cinema (headache? no thank you), but I do buy the dvds :P :o:rolleyes:

longhairedlady
November 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
You're not alone irishlady! I actually refused to watch them and then a friend of mine FORCED me to watch and I was hooked!

irishlady
November 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
You're not alone irishlady! I actually refused to watch them and then a friend of mine FORCED me to watch and I was hooked!

Hooray :) I bought the first one out of boredom one day, and I actually like the story lol. I still prefer proper vampires, but the twilight ones are something new, and the werewolves are very cool.

heidi w.
November 17th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I definitely made an alert noise from my recliner in my living room when I saw the ad for the movie and it opened with a closeup of this comb holding her veil. The decorative head IS pretty, but why oh why must they design teeth that way? I find this tooth design pulls out hair. Ouch.

Thanks for sharing though. Glad you're happy with it.

heidi w.

CaityBear
November 17th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Very beautiful!!

As for Twilight...my friend forced me to read it...then I was curious how it ended so I read them. Personally don't think the storyline is all that special, nor the writing.

But then with the movies I always saw them in theaters with my mom, aunt and cousin as movie nights (somebody else always bought my ticket so I didn't care much :P). I personally hate Kristen Stewart. She always sounds like she's on drugs...but she's gotten slightly better in each movie. I'm curious to see if she's at least half ass decent once all the movies are over. haha

i'm not much of a fan of them though. I wouldn't watch them a second time by choice. I did however really like Vampires Suck. hahaha

spidermom
November 17th, 2011, 03:11 PM
The first movie was a good cure for insomnia.

pepperminttea
November 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM

:rollin: ....

Mischamiu
November 17th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I think the books are better than the movies

CaityBear
November 17th, 2011, 04:52 PM

:bowtome: :thudpile: :D

And the second and third ain't much better....haha

ETA: I don't ever use smileys so I JUST discovered the "thud pile" one! haha

VikingVampChick
November 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hooray :) I bought the first one out of boredom one day, and I actually like the story lol. I still prefer proper vampires, but the twilight ones are something new, and the werewolves are very cool.

This. They're a nice break from traditional vampire fare (Thank You, Alan Ball & cast/crew and The Vampire Diaries group) . :)

UltraBella
November 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
The title of this thread got me excited, I thought the OP had a hair comb for me. (Bella, UltraBella, get it......)

I wanted to know what my daughter was reading so I picked up one of her books and then I was hooked. The movies entertain me and it's something my daughter and I can watch together, which is a big reason that I am a fan.

sbhonda
November 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I found parts of this fairly amusing, but it's not for those who find certain gaseous bodily functions disturbing: http://youtu.be/USxIe2NjGTU

My cousins, sister, and I have seen all the movies in theaters around when they come out. It's something to do over Thanksgiving. They can be entertaining in an "I don't feel like using my brain right now" sort of way, but in reality, the acting is just so bad. Which is weird because those same people in other movies/shows aren't nearly as horrible.

The whole idea of the story kind of bothers me though. Bella just seems needy. And for that reason, I don't think I'll bother reading the books.

The hair comb looks nice though :)

Magdalene
November 17th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Hey, can't we all just get along? Twilight is nice, entertaining fare. I can see how it isn't for everyone, but the books read like candy and sometimes I just want some chocolate.

ericthegreat
November 18th, 2011, 04:02 AM
That's a nice hair comb I must say. :)

As for the movie, I just came home just right now from seeing the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn Part 1, so to the haters here :hatchet:. It was a good movie! :p

P.S., I'm not giving any more spoilers other than to say that I loved Bella's wedding updo. It was a simple bun secured low just above the neck, with a small accent braid on the side that was pulled back and incorporated into the bun.

Nae
November 18th, 2011, 05:25 AM
P.S., I'm not giving any more spoilers other than to say that I loved Bella's wedding updo. It was a simple bun secured low just above the neck, with a small accent braid on the side that was pulled back and incorporated into the bun.

Lol Eric! I can tell you are a true blue LHCer, won't be a spoiler but has to give us the good dirt on the wedding hair style. Love it!!!! :D

RachieBaby
November 18th, 2011, 05:35 AM
The comb is really pretty. I might even buy it with the next pay check, we shall see haha :)

I am a massive fan of the books, the movies not so much haha :)

MandyBeth
November 18th, 2011, 12:27 PM
:bowtome: :thudpile: :D

And the second and third ain't much better....haha

ETA: I don't ever use smileys so I JUST discovered the "thud pile" one! haha
I've never seen the movies, I couldn't get past the insane creepy perverted aspect of the first book. You are talking to someone who as a freshman in college played the part of Christine in Phantom of the Opera, so if I find something creepy disgusting, it's pretty far out there. Erm, yeah, that's why I have PotO on my iPod now.

I don't mind a book being more or less a Snickers bar. I have problems with the mentality given in this series as an ideal for teenaged girls. And that's the NICE issues I have with it.

CaityBear
November 18th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I am a massive fan of the books, the movies not so much haha :)

I liked the books better. I wasn't the biggest fan of the books but they were definitely better than the movies..but then again books usually are...

irishlady
November 19th, 2011, 05:09 PM
That's a nice hair comb I must say. :)

As for the movie, I just came home just right now from seeing the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn Part 1, so to the haters here :hatchet:. It was a good movie! :p

lol Eric, always love reading your comments. The wedding 'do sounds awesome. Hugs to you my friend :)

bettylibertine
November 20th, 2011, 12:13 AM
That's gorgeous! And I'm another one who's not a fan of Twilight :p

ashleyrox
November 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM
That Comb is pretty!

ibleedlipstick
November 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I love the comb! My hair would nom it down for breakfast though :(

My issue with Twilight was that she was only interested in a relationship. I mean, plans for real life? Nope, just wants a relationship. I can appreciate a good, angsty love story, but this was just too narrow for me.

LittleOrca
November 20th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Here is how I wore it to work:

:)

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/383582_973551642738_19707057_42641566_1348972784_n .jpg

irishlady
November 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Here is how I wore it to work:

:)

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/383582_973551642738_19707057_42641566_1348972784_n .jpg

That's lovely!!