PDA

View Full Version : The Bun Wave Kink

uptosomeone
November 16th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Am I the only one suffering from this!? It's so frustrating since I do like to wear my hair in bun waves, but I'm having a difficult time finding a way to wear my hair up that a)gives me waves, b)doesn't make my head look like a mushroom, and c)HAS NO KINKS.

Seriously.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8710&pictureid=118998

See? The stupid kink at the top is refusing to stop appearing!:mad:

moon2dove
November 16th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I know THAT look!!

I have more or less the same problem. I can't get a decent bun wave, and have given up. I Never take my bun out in public....Oh no!!:rolleyes:

Angel_099
November 16th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Yes! I know what you mean! When I want bun waves, I just re-do my bun over and over in different positions on my head until my hair is dry. That seems to help a lot. I let my hair mostly air dry first and then bun it up high...wait maybe 30 minutes to an hour...then take it out, shake out a little, and do a low bun. Repeat until dry. :)

pepperminttea
November 16th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Try doing the bun much lower on the head (at nape works well), that way if it does have quite a big wave to it afterwards, it should fall lower and not look like your head's a rather unusual shape. ;)

PinkyCat
November 16th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Me too! I ALWAYS have this - you can see it in my avatar too. Part of my problem is that I usually let it air dry in a ponytail. This keeps the wet, coconut oily hair from flopping in my face. I don't think its a bad thing - I kind of like the look of straighter on top - curly on bottom - but thats me.

AngelDella
November 16th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Yes! I know what you mean! When I want bun waves, I just re-do my bun over and over in different positions on my head until my hair is dry. That seems to help a lot. I let my hair mostly air dry first and then bun it up high...wait maybe 30 minutes to an hour...then take it out, shake out a little, and do a low bun. Repeat until dry. :)

This works great for me too :)