PDA

View Full Version : Waterfall Braid

Vanille_
November 16th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I'm just curious about this braid (found on pinterest). Is this something that someone would have to have help with? I mean, could you feasibly do this on your own? Also, do you think it would hold up well? I mean, do you think it would fall apart or just look bad after an hour or so?

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z252/onexmorexgirl/131659989075967135_gxp3aIVv_c.jpg

moxamoll
November 16th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I've done this braid on my own. If you can do a french braid, you can do this. Check Youtube, there are lots of tutorials! And since it's basically a french braid, it holds up really well. Good luck!

ladonna
November 16th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I've tried doing this braid, it looks alot prettier in light hair. It hold's up the same as a regluar french braid.

Metallia
November 16th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I've tried doing this braid, it looks alot prettier in light hair. It hold's up the same as a regluar french braid.
Seems like it would favor straight hair, too, as it's really emphasizing the lines and divides in the pieces of hair.
I bet you could do it on your own, but I think it definitely would need some practice, especially to get it that even. It looks beautiful in that picture.

Amber_Maiden
November 16th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Gorgeous. I don't think it would work with my thick wavy hair though :(

aisha.christine
November 16th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I do this braid in my hair all the time. Once you understand how it works, it's really easy to do. I agree with previous posters though, it looks far better in light, straight hair.

Jessikinz
November 18th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I love this braid! Tried it on mine a few times but it just didn't look good. My hair is just too thick and wavy/curly.

Sunshineliz
November 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I do this on DD10. Her hair is a medium brown and I think it looks great. I want to try it on DD5 just to see what it looks like as her hair is both darker and curlier, but I haven't done it yet. Hmm...wonder what it looks like in salt & pepper?:p Maybe I'll figure that out on myself sometime just to see.:D

As far as holding up, it did relatively well on DD10 through a school day--meaning a few pieces were a little disheveled, but it still looked good.

hendricks82
November 18th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I've done this one and it held up great. I had some difficulty getting the angle right, but the braid itself is easy enough.

MrsGuther
November 18th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I love a waterfall braid. Once you watch a couple of tutorials and practice it a few times you should be able to do that beautifully all by yourself! :) Happy braiding.

Grillz
November 18th, 2011, 08:41 PM
This is one of my favorite braids and looks more difficult than it actually is... and it stays really well too!

jrk
November 18th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Oooo! I need to do this with my DD's hair. It's stick straight and she would love it!

ashleyrox
November 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
My 13 year old who has long light brown curly hair loves to wear this braid! Its pretty easy!

Mannaz
November 19th, 2011, 01:06 AM
This tutorial has been very helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VtZ2ps-yrg

I love this braid but it doesn't suit me very well...

sally_neuf
November 19th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I've done it, I have a poor picture of it on my album :)
I found it under the name "Fairy Tale Braid"

Have fun and post pictures!

pinupdancer
November 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I love that style braid. One of these I'll have to attempt it on myself. Though I'm not the greatest at braider in the world. :p