PDA

View Full Version : UK Coconut Oil users

Sahar24
November 16th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I know everyone has their favourite, but thought I'd let you all know that Holland and Barrett are selling their pure unrefined coconut oil (eating quality) for half price. You get a massive 450g for £6.
Apologies if there is a better place to post this!

moon2dove
November 16th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks for that -
I still have a tub from a couple of months ago when they were doing buy one, get one for 1p - Still might take them up on that offer though.
Can never have too much :)

katienoonan
November 16th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I got my food-grade quality unrefined vat (yes... 1kg vat!) of coconut oil for £1.89 from a local foreign food shop... Holland&Barratt are just way too expensive, go to your nearest foreign food shop and have a gander, you'd be amazed at the amazing value henna, spices, oils and herbs you can get!

pink.sara
November 16th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I couldn't find any in Asian food shops that wasn't unscented.
I love the smell so order the organic unrefined stuff from soapkitchen website but it is expensive.
Does the holland and barrat stuff smell of natural coconut? And is it solid?

Woosh
November 16th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I bought coconut oil in the netherlands, but it says Holland&Barrett on the jar.

It definitely smells of coconut and it's solid!

pink.sara
November 16th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks Woosh! I may invest in a tub of that then :)

Good tip. Thank you :)

Sahar24
November 17th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Same - I like the light coconut fragrance. It's quite gentle and reminds of coconut macaroons... Mmmm.

catiebloo
November 17th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I buy the Holland & Barrett oil & it's the correct stuff. Lovely lovely! i have 2 jars already stashed away so will leave it other people!

Alaia
November 17th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Hmm I have been thinking my coconut oil must have gone rancid by now. I think I bought it in 2008... no longer really use it, but DH does. Maybe I'll pick it up at H&B when I go back to get more vitamins... or just go to Asda and get the same massive tub I got before for about £1. :p

RedheadMistress
November 17th, 2011, 07:29 AM
- I don't support Holland and Barret with my money but I buy it from co-operative food places, think I got some from 56a crampton street in london and from Basics (vegan/hippie/healthy shop) in south london ! Very good coconut oil . :)