PDA

View Full Version : At the behest of my roommate...

HintOfMint
November 16th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I have scrunched shea butter into my wet hair and am letting it air dry without touching it (this no-touching thing is a big deal for me, chronic hair petter). I want to see exactly how wavy my hair is naturally. I usually comb out my waves and then put it into a bun to get a really loose wave, but I want to see what my hair is like naturally.

Funny enough, my roommate isn't on LHC but she is the one who really convinced me to try shea butter. I think it's because last year she HATED her curls and now that she has discovered shea butter, she finally loves her curls.

Wish me luck!

Amber_Maiden
November 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Good luck! :)

moon2dove
November 16th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Good luck :)

Angel_099
November 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
(this no-touching thing is a big deal for me, chronic hair petter). :D LOL! That was just really funny to me!:p

Good luck! Hope you like the results...post pics please!:)

Metallia
November 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Good luck! No touching is hard for me, too, unless I somehow have cause to sit in one place for all 4 hours it would take to dry. Which is never. :p
Happy curling!

krissykins
November 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Hoping for the best! Shea butter drives me nuts, I can only use it in my hair when it's mixed with other oils...

HintOfMint
November 16th, 2011, 10:07 PM
...and that was a bit of a fail. I didn't distribute the shea butter very well, and so it was frizz central.

And it was raining.

So in the middle of class, I said, "screw it," and played away. Fortunately, with playing, I distributed the shea butter some more and ended up straightening it out the way I normally have it.

I think my hair doesn't hold its natural wave very well.

I will try again though, maybe with a different blend of products, a curl cream perhaps.

longhairedlady
November 16th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Trial and error! Keep trying new things and you will find what works for you.

Kiwiwi
November 17th, 2011, 02:12 AM
If you want to see your natural wave/hair you should wash your hair and let it air dry without touching it :) (Don't put anything in it)

If you find you have good wave you could maybe read about The Curly Girl Method (it's for wavies too). It's very interesting and made me love my curls. Now that I know how to take care of 'em :)

PriscillaCherel
November 17th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Good luck! I curious of your results!
Hmm no touching my hair after I wash it.. Noooo.. haha, then it will look terrible with a lot of tangels and weard curls.

Kamir0
November 17th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Good luck! :cheese:

I try to leave my hair alone after I wash it too, because I want to see how wavy/curly it naturally is (I used to have ringlets as a child), but I find it supremely difficult...