PDA

View Full Version : Created a Henna Monster

Grillz
November 16th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I really wanted to try henna recently so I bought a couple packages. Well, soon after I received the henna I changed my mind (mostly because I realized how awful it would be to grow out AND I'm pretty sure it would be a firey copper red on me). I mentioned that I had some to my mom, who has chemically dyed her hair red for as long as I can remember, and she was all for trying it. So I sat her down one night a week or two ago and crapped up her hair with the beautiful henna mud (and drew some random designs on myself with it). The color came out exactly like the red she always tries to achieve and now it doesn't fade! She has had so many compliments and asked me where I got it from today so she could tell others where to find it. She is suddenly a hennavangelist and I'm SO jealous! lol

Just wanted to share :)

Amber_Maiden
November 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
haha! That's pretty cool!

kellinaturalmom
November 16th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Wow! I wish my mom would do that! I have been hennaing on and off for a couple of years and have been trying to get my mother to try it but she won't. She has been coloring her hair with reddish brown box color since she was in her early 20's (she's now in her 50's) and I worry about the chemicals she is using on such a regular basis. Good luck to your Mom!

spidermom
November 16th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I'm glad she's happy with it.

MJheals
November 16th, 2011, 10:46 AM
How awesome is that? :D My Mom used to henna when she was younger, but she'd been using chemical red dye most of my life when I started using henna. She loved my color so much (as it's what she's always tried to get), that she almost immediately starting using it again!
I love a good henna conversion, it's so cool to see it on other people, and to know those chemicals aren't floating around the house anymore. :)

BlazingHeart
November 16th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Haha that is awesome! My mother's natural color is what actually tempts me to henna myself. I wish I had inherited something closer to her bright red color instead of the chestnut I have. On the other hand, my favorite colors to wear wouldn't work as well if I had her coloring, so maybe I should be glad...

dRummie
November 16th, 2011, 04:01 PM
It's great she found something that works so well! My mom is in the process of test stranding now, hoping to switch to henna for her colour. I can only hope her story turns out so well :P

Maraz
November 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Wow! I wish my mom would do that! I have been hennaing on and off for a couple of years and have been trying to get my mother to try it but she won't. She has been coloring her hair with reddish brown box color since she was in her early 20's (she's now in her 50's) and I worry about the chemicals she is using on such a regular basis. Good luck to your Mom!

My Mom is the same way, I wish she'd switch to natural dyes but I know she won't. She is very particular about her hair color, you'd think the world was coming to an end whenever she gets it too light, too dark, or too red! I doubt two amateurs (meaning me and her!) could dye her hair to her exacting standards using natural dyes!

raehysteric
November 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Awesome! I need to try and convince my mom to switch to henna (and do it for her) from permenant. She's Just about all grey/silver with some tints of brown, so she's always fading out to a muddy red/grey (and slightly pinkish) long or a really dirty brown before she ever decides to do it again. She's really stubborn!

I'm so glad you were able to get her to try it, and even more awesome that it turned out wonderful!