PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix this?

AlannaMaria
November 16th, 2011, 09:08 AM
So, back in March, in a moment of frustration and stupidity, I cut about 2 or 3 inches of hair off the bottom of my hair with kitchen scissors in the bathroom. This was pre-LHC and I knew nothing about Faye's self trim method or anything of the sort, and I completely regret it. It came out uneven (surprise!) and I've tried to have it fixed a few times, and it doesn't look uneven anymore, but the majority of my hair (the canopy and such) is longer than the bottom section of my hair. It's not noticeable when I wear my hair down , but in my opinion it lays a little funny and i notice it when I lift up the top section of my hair.

Is there a way I can start microtrimming with Faye's self trim method that I can gradually fix it? If so, how should I go about doing it? Any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Amber_Maiden
November 16th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I personally would let it grow out a couple more months. It'll look a bit better once it's grown out. Then if it needs a little trim, it will be easier. That's what I'd do at least.

AlannaMaria
November 16th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the response! I'm planning on waiting until at least the New Year until I do anything, so I'll probably look into it again then.

Mesmerise
November 16th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I think trimming with Feye's method is a perfectly valid way to get your hair to even up over time. Start by using the method to trim only 1/2" off and see how you go. Eventually you'll have nice, even hair if you reguarly trim this way (whether you go for straight across, U or V shaped ends).

embee
November 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Heh. I chopped off 8 inches before joining LHC. Just whack, with scissors. What a mess. No updo worked, the ends were a mess, it looked terrible loose - I had to just make a braid and wait.

After a while all those hairs began to be uneven - some fell out, some grew faster, some grew slower - and then things got ok again. whew! :)

Just hang in there for a while. It will change itself and become a more relaxed hemline.