PDA

View Full Version : BSL? Top of bra strap? Bottom? Sports? MEN?? o.0

sun-kissed
November 16th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Recently I have been pondering this question, and since I can't seem to find it in any search I've tried, I'm gonna go ahead and ask it.

What exactly is BSL(by official definition, and what is it to you)? Is it at the top of the bra strap or bottom? And then, what KIND of bra are we talking about? I personally wear trainer-style bra, simply for comfort's sake, and so it has a very wide band of about 3-4 inches. I've always thought that BSL was at the bottom, but I've seen varying opinions, so I thought I would ask. :shrug:

And then, what do our poor men have to say about having to wear bras to measure their hair length? :p

Amber_Maiden
November 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Well, I always thought it meant top of bra strap/ middle of the scapula, shoulder blades. For men I would imagine it would be middle of shoulder blades. :shrug:

Apriori
November 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Middle of the shoulder blades?
Wow, maybe I'm just wierdly build but the middle of the shoulder blades on me is like 0,5'' above APL.
I measure BSL at the bottom of the strap on the bra I have that sits lowest :)

Monkey962
November 16th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Most lengths are gonna be different depending on people's proportions and uh, build. Also, for men, I'd say it's the 'endless wasteland between APL and waist' since we have such long friggin' torsos.

ladonna
November 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I am guessing it's bottom of shoulder blades. I have big tata's so my bra's are thick, plus being as short as I am makes my bra strap pretty low, more like mid-back length.

Aerin
November 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I'm going to use the little skin indent that is left after taking off a bra-which is normally the bottom (almost) of the band. I figure that's where I feel the bra anyway, and that's where I'd want to fell the hair. But I think in general it's very much an individual preference thing.

jujube
November 16th, 2011, 09:03 AM
That's why I've always found it weird. Other lengths are named after actual body parts (chin, waist, knee) but Bra-strap? But I guess that personal definitions vary, as with other lengths (ex. hip?).

2peasinapod
November 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
My bras give me a rash (plastic allergy), so I estimate BSL at the only one that I can wear. I count at the bottom. I have small breasts, so BSL is almost exactly at right underneath them (sorry if that doesn't make sense).

spidermom
November 16th, 2011, 09:22 AM
BSL is, to me, Bottom of Shoulderblade length. I hatehatehate Bra Strap Length; that's just stupid. The bra strap is the part that goes from the front of the bra, over the shoulders, to the back of the bra, so by that designation, bra strap length could be shoulder length.

Arashi
November 16th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I consider it BSL when it's at the top of the bra "strap". After all, it's not called completely-covers-the-bra-strap-length :silly:

Aside from my silly conclusion about it, I think the nature of this one makes it too hard to define... I guess when the individual feels they've reached that milestone for themselves, thin or thick or top of the band or bottom(or in estimation because they don't wear a bra), they've reached it.

I've also thought BSL is a bit of an odd milestone marker, though I'm not sure what an alternative might be...

ETA: It really should be called "bra band length". Another thing I also thought odd about that milestone.. just makes it all the more confusing. Maybe was originally intended to mean the spot where the straps are attached to the band at the back?

QMacrocarpa
November 16th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I think of it as just below the bosom, which is of course a widely variable location!

Metallia
November 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM
BSL is, to me, Bottom of Shoulderblade length.
BS(b)L, this is what will be in my head from now on. :D But I like it! I think it's less wishy-washy, and less tied to questions of whether or not you wear a bra and what that means to you.

moon2dove
November 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I was also confused as to where BSL is officially.
I say I am BSL because I measured my longest length to just under my boobs, which means my hair reaches the bottom of my bra strap :) (sorted!)