PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Shedding is over?

MonaLisa
November 16th, 2011, 07:44 AM
The shadding I had since September seems to be decreasing/stopping...so think it was seasonal after all!
I'm so happy! and also a bit afraid of it striking again!
Lots of new growth now...up to 1 inch long:)

Anyone else?

Tsopana
November 16th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I had a terrible shedding that started end of August and lasted up until a few days ago... Yep, I'm finally starting to see a normal amount of hairs falling out when I comb! I'm very thrilled by that, since up until a week ago, I was counting almost 200 hair strands/day.. Which was very frustrating. But to be honest, because my shedding was so bad, I visited a dermatologist and I have been doing a treatment for the past 1.5 month, so I've had a lot of help. But still, I had seen no difference up until now..!

Mairéad
November 16th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I was shedding a little more than usual but I've always had a well below average shed rate so I wasn't worried, but I've made sure to keep up on taking my anemia vitamins since I'm pretty forgetful. I simply may be noticing my hairs now since they're much longer than they were this summer. I've also made sure to keep it covered at night since it's too short to put up but now long enough to become tangled.

longhairedlady
November 16th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I have been noticing some 2 inch hairs sticking up around my hairline on my forehead, so something is going on.

kitschy
November 16th, 2011, 08:42 AM
My shedding has almost gone back to normal. I can see the drain, instead of a clump of hair covering it, after I shower. Thank goodness!

Amber_Maiden
November 16th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I was shedding a lot up until this week as well. I still am shedding a bit more than I'd like to- like when I use a hand to rake through my hair and come away with long strands of it- up to 10 strands... It's a bit scary, but I think it just looks that way to me because the strands are so long!

Arashi
November 16th, 2011, 08:51 AM
The seasonal shedding has thankfully stopped, however it is still freaking out about the cold dry air(my skin too) :(

rock007junkie
November 16th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I experienced this shedding as well. It has decreased significantly but I don't know if it's because this "shedding season" is over or because I started using the Neelibhringadi oil

MonaLisa
November 16th, 2011, 09:50 AM
So there IS a pattern/ time-frame for this indeed :)