PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Wavy, wurly, curly girls - Clarifying experiment - no shampoo used

sycamoreboutiqu
November 16th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Anyone ever try this ?

I decided it was time to clarify but since I CO wash I just don't have shampoo around anymore - and really didn't want to use it anyway. What to do then ?

So I just mixed a teaspoon of baking soda right into the conditioner I was planning to shampoo with (Suave naturals ). Left it on for about 60 seconds - rinsed well and followed with a bit of good conditioner.

I usually leave my cleansing condish on for a good hour or so but didn't feel like it.

The thing is the results were better than good - they were great. It is smooth, soft and has that super moisturized feel to it - kind of heavy but in a good way because it is also laying nicely.

No flyaways or frizz at all and it is already half-way dry (takes a full day to dry and is usually BIG for at least a day or two)

I have thick, heavy, wurly and frizz prone hair so anything that smooths and tames it down for me is a HUGE improvement.

One thing I noticed during the rinse out was that it kind of felt coated - like there was a slight layer of oil on it and this may be due to overdoing the defrizz potion this week ( Jessica's Aloe and Oil type - I use Monoi de Tahiti and Jojoba in mine).

So I decided to not use any kind of a leave in and see what happens. So far it is excellent, doesn't need any at all.

So maybe it is the conditioner/clarifier results on it's own or maybe it's the combo of having a fair amount of oil & aloe already on the hair (not enough that you could tell though).

Whatever it is - I am going to repeat the process next time as I am loving it.

Will try to get a pic.

julliams
November 16th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I look forward to seeing pictures. This sounds great! Did the baking soda fizz up? No gritty feel when washing it out? How much conditioner would you say you used? Palmful or less?

milk
November 16th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Thats exactly what I do when I clarify! But I have to follow it up with a heavy moisturizer. I also like the results I get from it, but my hair gets a tad bit to dry :/.

Lippytoes
November 16th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Oh, that sounds like a great idea! Will have to try clarifying this way sometime.

piffyanne
December 12th, 2011, 02:25 PM
>eagerly awaiting pictures< This sounds great! I'm totally going to try this!

shump76
December 12th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Sounds fantastic! I've got some baking soda left from a failed no 'poo experiment. I might have to try this.