PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on sulfate free shampoos with matching cone condish

GracieRae
November 15th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I've noticed some hair care lines have sulfate free shampoos and the matching conditioner has cones. Does anyone use products like these?

Mairéad
November 15th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I've also wondered about this. Like, how does that work without build up? Curious to see the feedback.

freecelt
November 15th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I use Suave Rosemary Mint and it's been working great for me(I've having some itchy scalp and am considering taking a break from using it though).

XcaliburGirl
November 15th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I use my sulfate free shampoo with 'cone products sometimes. I haven't had a problem with build up, except for the spray wax. That sometimes takes a few shampooings to wash out. I think if a shampoo has Cocamidopropyl betaine it is strong enough to get out most 'cones. I also use a SLES dandruff shampoo once every couple of weeks; so that probably helps with build up too.

Vanilla
November 15th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I use Jason SLS free shampoo with their matching cone conditioner. I've really liked the combination; I've used it for over 4 years.

longhairedlady
November 15th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I tried the loreal eversleek (no cone, no sls) and hated it. Never again.

tigerlily83
November 15th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I use Infusium-23 color defender s/c.

I think the conditioner does have a 'cone in it, but it works for me. Actually, my hair has never looked or felt better.

vanillabones
November 15th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I use sulfate free shampoo with heavy cone conditioners. My hair loves it it is the best combo I have found for me. I also don't mind sulphates at all but I want to be gentle with my hair. I clarify about every week and a half.

PixxieStix
November 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Well, I just purchased my first ever bottle of sulfate, cone and parabean free shampoo, and am hoping to use it for oil shampooing, but haven't needed to wash my hair since I purchased it on Sunday. Guess we'll see how it goes!

Modarunner
November 15th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I used the L'oreal Everstrong and I never had any problems with the combination. I didn't notice any problems with build-up. I did use an acv rinse with it, I don't know if that might have helped things.