PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still COing with these conditioners?

GabrielleRose
November 15th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hello all! I was wondering if any of y'all are still using Tame or Salon Care conditioners?

So far, I have been having GREAT success with Tame conditioner but wanted something with a different scent.

So, any success stories or other stories on these conditioners?

PinkyCat
November 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I just stopped COing with Salon Care, simply because I ran out & Suave & V05 was on sale.

I love the stuff, I also use it as a leave in. It usually has a good amount of protein in it so be careful if you have sensitivities. Can't beat a gallon for seven bucks man!

ratgirldjh
November 15th, 2011, 01:34 PM
How fragranced is salon care?

PinkyCat
November 15th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I'd say its pretty strong. I'm not terribly fond of the Almond & Honey flavor, but I like the Wild Cherry & Sparkling Apples & Pears the best.

GabrielleRose
November 16th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I just stopped COing with Salon Care, simply because I ran out & Suave & V05 was on sale.

I love the stuff, I also use it as a leave in. It usually has a good amount of protein in it so be careful if you have sensitivities. Can't beat a gallon for seven bucks man!

I tried it and didn't really like it. Left my hair greasy and the smell didn't linger. :(

MissManda
November 16th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I use Tame as one of my cleansing CO condishes and I really like it because it makes my hair nice and fluffy and isn't strongly scented. I need a heavier conditioner to use with it, though, or else things get a little too out of hand.

GabrielleRose
November 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I use Tame as one of my cleansing CO condishes and I really like it because it makes my hair nice and fluffy and isn't strongly scented. I need a heavier conditioner to use with it, though, or else things get a little too out of hand.

When I used Tame it worked out great, but still had the residual feeling. I'm trying S&C again.

May I ask what heavier conditioner do you use?

MissManda
November 17th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. It's not what I'd call heavy, but it's moisturizing enough to calm my minor frizzies without causing other problems. :)

Orangerthanred
November 17th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I haven't tried it.

But I've seen it in stores and it says it 'adds body and volume'. I have very thick, very poofy hair so I don't think I'll be buying it... If you have medium or thin hair I think it would Salon Care would be good, but thick- not so much.

GabrielleRose
November 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. It's not what I'd call heavy, but it's moisturizing enough to calm my minor frizzies without causing other problems. :)

Oh, I have some that. I will have to try it along with the Tame.

I haven't tried it.

But I've seen it in stores and it says it 'adds body and volume'. I have very thick, very poofy hair so I don't think I'll be buying it... If you have medium or thin hair I think it would Salon Care would be good, but thick- not so much.

Salon Care made me greasy, but maybe a clarifying wash needs to be done.