PDA

View Full Version : Does this wash routine make sense?

AngelDella
November 15th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I have discovered a routine that ALWAYS makes my hair as perfect as it can be (I think) but it doesn't make sense to me. One night about 6 weeks ago, I heavily oiled my hair, slept on it, and in the morning I wanted to use a cleansing conditioner to remove the oil. I had some WEN on hand, so I used it all over, let it soak under a shower cap while I shaved, etc., then washed my scalp with biolage normalizing shampoo, then conditioned my length with biolage conditioning balm. Final cool rinse with a splash of white vinegar/8 oz water in a color applicator bottle then quick COLD water rinse. My hair turned out very nice after damp bunning it for a short while. Since then, I've used this same routine about once a week with different oils, shampoo and conditioners, but always using WEN conditioner first to remove the oil. Perfect every time :) I wash every other day, either CWC or just SC using up my stash of shampoos and conditioners. I only oil that one time per week. Sometimes my hair looks nice, other times terrible :(

Ok, LHC science people, the thing that puzzles me is that WEN has cones, so why is it working well as the first conditioner in CWC? Oh...and I have tried using WEN all by itself, and my hair is shiny, but limp and thin. So I was just trying to use up the WEN conditioners.