PDA

View Full Version : Help: Do you think I should get bangs cut?!?!

Lilacs
November 15th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Okay, so I would really like to get some bangs and cover up my forehead a little but I don't know what type of bangs would look appropriate with 43" + hair. I like long side-swept bangs but am not sure if that would look funny...

What type of bangs, if any, do you all think would look best?

Kind of a dumb look on my face, but I thought it was a good picture of the general shape of my face.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/FairyDustPrincess/008.jpg

turtlelover
November 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I would try very thin and wispy blunt bangs. That would break into your forehead without losing a lot of thickness, and if you don't like them, they would be easy to hide when they grew out.

Amber_Maiden
November 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'd say right above the eyes, straight across. I think it will look really good!

Annalouise
November 15th, 2011, 09:32 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D:p

You do not need bangs! They take away from the thickness of the hair.

lapushka
November 15th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I'd leave it the way it is. If you do want bangs, though, I'd go with some side-swept ones that aren't too thick. They might be easier to grow out if you don't like them.

justgreen
November 15th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Have you tried using Photoshop? Draw you some bangs and see if you like.

Freckled.Thing
November 15th, 2011, 09:52 AM
You have a lovely face and I personally don't think you need bangs at all, but if you want them maybe whispy blunt bangs?

papera
November 15th, 2011, 09:52 AM
yes, I agree, side-swept bangs, but not too thick!! Easier to let them grow out and I don't think that too heavy bangs would look good on you ... but photoshop is a good idea to check it out before you cut!

Fairlight63
November 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I say "NO" also. You look beautiful without bangs!
My hair was all one length without any bangs or "fringe". I had the bright idea also of cutting in some bangs. Boy, was that a mistake! I have been trying to grow them out now for 2 yrs. & they are just now a little past my chin & are a pain in the a**. When they were short they never laid right.
My plan is to grow out mine & kind of have a part on one side & sweep them back & over to the side & let them dip down some over one eyebrow. Sweeping back the bangs plus some side hair & hold with a side comb. That way I look like I have bangs without having to cut them & having to deal with them never looking right.

Winged
November 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I personally like your hair how it is. If you do decide to go with bangs, I'd go with what lapushka suggested, side swept bangs that aren't very thick.

Merkaba
November 15th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I think some soft bangs would look good on you. ;)

kanaka
November 15th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I don't think you need bangs. you are pretty and bangs reduce the thickness of the hair

MonaLisa
November 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
try face framing layers, and see how it feels :)
bangs would look good on you, but they are a bit of a pain to be honest..

ladyfey
November 15th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I also like it as it is!

buttercupmcgee
November 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Would you be willing to get a few soft layers around your face? If so, my vote is for long side bangs that blend into the hair a bit....not sacrificing length, just giving it more swing and integrating the bangs into the hair.

Here's an example of very long bangs with a few layers that soften the forehead a little without being "bangs-ish" or sacrificing length:

http://ledymusicfashion.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/katherine_mcphee_300x400.jpg

It's hard to pull off bangs with all one length hair. It tends to look like a block of bangs and then a block of hair. If you're willing to add a few soft layers around your face I say go for it, if not, you do look beautiful without!

Nymphea
November 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I vote no bangs, but if you'd really like to try, go for a longer, side-swept bangs. You can blend them into the rest of the length if you decide you don't like them, and from there you can also always go for shorter bangs if you see that you actually like them. :)

luthien_belewen
November 15th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Wispy or side-swept bangs would look nice I think! Although, you look nice without them as well!
I have had bangs for a while, and I actually like them. I trim them myself and it's not too much of a pain--they come to about my eyebrows and are more wispy. I think it's hard to pull off very thick, short, or blunt bangs, so you may want to take your hair's texture into consideration. It really comes down to your personal preference though!

PinkyCat
November 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Try playing around with Taaz.com. Its a makeover site - I end up playing there for hours!

evb
November 15th, 2011, 10:57 AM
if you like the idea of side swept bangs can you not take some hair from where you would want your part and swoop it over your forehead and pin it up along temple height? I am sorry if that sounds ignorant since my hair is nowhere near as long but I do that now...

Also for what it is worth my daughter does the side swept bangs and parts it well over her temple so if she hadn't cut her hair tucking it behind her opposite ear would have the same effect kind of? I mean of covering the forehead a bit?

I like your face it is very pretty :cheese:

ellen732
November 15th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I think you would look great with thick blunt bangs straight across a little longer than eyebrow.

Gypsygirl
November 15th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I would try very thin and wispy blunt bangs. That would break into your forehead without losing a lot of thickness, and if you don't like them, they would be easy to hide when they grew out.

That! :) I say go for it! :)

vampyriccadence
November 15th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I prefer side swept bangs, I wore them for a couple of years before my bangs picture (current profile image). Now I have slightly longer side swept bangs that I can still pin back when needed. Granted, my hair is only 27", some nice framing layers may help if you're not opposed to them.

Edit: I grew mine out because my boyfriend just absolutely hated them, and! they were a pain to style every morning. Side bangs are soooooooo easy.

spike316
November 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I think you would look good with or without bangs. I think you would look best with some blunt cut ones, but I would recommend getting some clip ins to test run them first if you can. ^_^

Fairytale
November 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I think blunt straight across bangs will look great on you:) to balance out the long hair and features.

keep it on the longer side right above the eyes.

Carolyn
November 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I vote no bangs. Your hair is lovely as it is and you look so pretty. Honestly I find bangs with your length hair to be disproportional. The long hair and the short length of the bangs just don't look right to me. Bangs will take away from your thickness. I'm an ii too and I found bangs too away too much thickness from my braids and ponytails. Bangs are a pain in the arse to grow out.

jacqueline101
November 15th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I'd go wispy bangs or pixie bangs. Pixie are sorta wispy with layers for lift and I have side wisps for added character.

Mommyof4
November 15th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Side swept to me, would be pretty.. but if I were you, I wouldn't cut any! Your hair is so pretty and (not to sound weird) your forehead looks great too lol.

Lilacs
November 15th, 2011, 07:34 PM
THANK YOU all soooo much for your input! I decided to go get bangs cut at a salon (I wouldn't trust myself on something so technical ;))

They are long, side-swept, and not very thick. I think they blend pretty well with the rest of my hair and I am very glad I did it :D

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/FairyDustPrincess/006-2.jpg

GlennaGirl
November 15th, 2011, 07:35 PM
You are such a pretty girl! These look great.

Hotrox
November 15th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Great, that looks really lovely, glad you are happy with it :-)

Lilacs
November 15th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Thank you :)