PDA

View Full Version : What are face framing layers?

juliaxena
November 14th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hi all. I have all in one lenght hair. I dislike layers because they make my hair look thinner than it really is, and it is not on the thick side as it is. But I want kind of different and more modern look and I was wondering if shorter hair in front sides (not very short, still at APL at least) would make it look more playful. So I don't really want any hair as short as to not go under my face...so obviously I am not looking inte anything that really just frames my face. But I want to know what face framing layers are in order to figure out if they can be done at longer lenghts, and not in thinning way...just hair in the front sides a little shorter. OR would a simple U shape hemline be what I am looking for? Thanks all.

julliams
November 14th, 2011, 11:27 PM
If you google the term and click "images" you will get hundreds of options. Some are rather heavy and short, some are longer - which makes it really important to take a picture in of what you want in case you end up with something you were not envisaging.

juliaxena
November 15th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I didn't know this is a general and not just LHC expression. Still lots of english to learn lol.

I don't think this is what I want from seeing the Google picutres. Which means I am clueless what I could do or have done for the look I have in mind. There is no side picutures of hair that is U shaped hemline or I just didn't see it anywhere. The thing is most of my hair likes to come in the front and this way it looks dull just gathered together in one lenght. But face framing layers (or this thing at longer lenghts) seem to thin hair after all, the line is not clear at all. Any help anyone?

spidermom
November 15th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I think you're talking about a U-shaped hem, which I have.

luxepiggy
November 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I don't have the thickness/volume for face framing layers, so I have what I call "face-framing wisps" - literally just two little shorter chunks in the very front. Maybe you can do something similar, but not as short?
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/sidepiecesblur.jpg http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/wisps.jpg

jacqueline101
November 15th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I have a v hem line and wisps. I like them and I have pixie bangs. I love them and my hair is at arm pit length.