PDA

View Full Version : Cynthia Sylvia Stout

Stagecoach
November 14th, 2011, 03:41 PM
So has anyone tried Lush's Cynthia Sylvia Stout (http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/bottled-shampoos/cynthia-sylvia-stout) shampoo?

If so, what were your results with it? How long did you use it? Did you like it enough to make up for how expensive it is?

VikingVampChick
November 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I love it! I remember it working better the second time. May have had something to with whatever conditioner I used the first time, though. Definitely will buy again.

Right now, I'm using either American Cream or Jungle when I use it. Close to running out, need to get more. Should probably use the rest of shampoo stash first, though. :D

Kristin
November 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM
It's one of my favorite shampoos. I like it enough to be on my second...or maybe third...bottle. You may find it drying depending on whether or not you currently use/like sulfate shampoos. I wouldn't use a Lush conditioner, though; not heavy enough.

Amber_Maiden
November 14th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I hated it. It made my hair feel like hay. :(

spidermom
November 14th, 2011, 06:27 PM
It reminds me of garbage.

Ah Shel Silverstein, how we miss you!

ReluctantlyCurl
November 14th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I just started using it - the jury is still out :)

I really, really like the smell. Which is kind of my story with lush

Malibu Barbie
November 14th, 2011, 06:59 PM

This was my very thought when I saw this thread:)

mrs_coffee
November 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM

My favorite poem of his. I can still recite it from memory. We had to memorize a Shel Silverstein poem in 4th or 5th grade and like a dummy I picked one of the longest ones.

Jomo
November 14th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I don't like it much - it makes my hair 'squeaky' and my scalp gets greasy very quickly after using it. I also wasn't a fan of the smell of it. But it's definitely a YMMV thing - I have straightish, frizz-prone, fine stranded but fairly thick, oily hair. And for me it just didn't do the trick.

oktobergoud
November 15th, 2011, 12:10 PM
I hated it. It made my hair feel like hay. :(

My hair as well :(

Coffeebug
November 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Essentially I got a fairly standard shampoo result from it, shiny and tangly, making it not worth the extra... but the smell though - gorgeous!! Kind of heavy, a little spicy, super-clean.

RedheadMistress
November 15th, 2011, 12:52 PM
- That was awful for my hair . . had really red nice hair and it felt awful . Lush was never good for my hair, veganese conditioner, the schampoos . . schampoo bars . .uh .

The products like Goth juice were nice but now that I am nice to my hair, the massage bars are amazing for my hair . . Especially the ones with purple glitter !

morrigan*
November 15th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I used it two years ago. It was nice, when i used half of bottle o realize i could diluate it (now i do this with all creamy lush stuff).
I would love matching conditioner in smell. :D

Stagecoach
November 16th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks for all the reply's! I think I'm going to give it a shot and see how it works for me. I'll only use it to wash my scalp hair, not the length, as I do not use any shampoo on my length on a regular basis.

I'll be sure to check back in after a couple weeks to let y'all know what I think of it.