PDA

View Full Version : My first post and pic!

susisu
November 14th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Hi all! First i gotta say how much i love this site, I'm totally addicted!:happydance: Anyway after uploading my first profile pic, i was kinda dissapointed cos i really thought my hair was longer! to be honest I've never had a real view of the length of my hair, i only go on everyones comments on how long my hair is....
But my aim is to grow it at least down to waist level, which a couple of years ago was an impossible task, mainly due to over-straightening and previous bleaching abuse! Now i only straighten very occasionally, and when i do, i still tend to think it looks better with the natural wave...
my mane (main) problems are frizz when left to dry naturally, which i do 85% of the time. have tried tons of products including frizz ease and none seem to work... any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

GlennaGirl
November 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Sweetie, your hair is definitely longer than 23" unless you're three foot ten. :p

Avital88
November 14th, 2011, 12:07 PM
First of all, Welcome to the LHC :-D cowashing will help with the frizz ,you can try that first..
Else i recommend oiling.. that could be Argan, Coconut or amla,they all work fine for me against frizz. Try not to use the iron for 3 months, and i think the prolems are solved too :) happy growing

Avital88
November 14th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Sweetie, your hair is definitely longer than 23" unless you're three foot ten. :p

i was thinking the same

spidermom
November 14th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Aloe vera gel or styling gel rubbed between wet palms and then smoothed over the surface of the hair helps to take the frizzies. Oil merely gives me oily frizz.

susisu
November 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks... I have tried the CO washing, and found that it made my scalp itchy with a tendency to scab :( was wodering about having a brazillian blow dry, but I'm not too sure about sacrificing the natural wave for permanently straight hair.... I may regret it just for the sake of eliminating frizz... (Thanks for the replys :) )

FroggyMonkeyMom
November 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
What is co washing?

Also, how about olive oil?

ALSO, I can't see any pic. ??

Sorry I'm still new :-/

Amber_Maiden
November 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, you're almost at waist... perhaps 4in to waist? Definitely past BSL.

dawnrader
November 14th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Froggy, don't worry, i can't see the image yet either, you have to get past 25 posts before you can see them.

Co washing is conditioner only washing.

Welcome to LHC

Madora
November 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks... I have tried the CO washing, and found that it made my scalp itchy with a tendency to scab :( was wodering about having a brazillian blow dry, but I'm not too sure about sacrificing the natural wave for permanently straight hair.... I may regret it just for the sake of eliminating frizz... (Thanks for the replys :) )

Welcome, Susisu!

I would caution your strongly re: "Brazillian blow dry". If this is akin to "Brazillian blowout" it is not a good thing to do to your hair. Blowfrying of any sort is a bad idea anyway.

FroggyMonkeyMom
November 14th, 2011, 12:54 PM
hahaha I thought I had hot fingers yesterday, posting so much. I have no idea how many I did. Okay, I'll be patient.

I know someone mentioned using coconut oil here. Is olive oil or coconut oil better? Do they have different advantages? Or do they do the same basic thing?

My kid saw this :pumpkin: and wanted me to put it on this post :)

jojo
November 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM
your hair is lovely and not too far off waist. how are you measuring? the way we measure on here is starting with the tape on the hairline (forehead) and putting the tape over the head and then measuring at the longest bit. Your hair looks a good 4" longer than 23"!

Good luck in getting to waist!

Trish in SC
November 14th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I can't see the photos yet, but soon I hope!

Froggy ~ You are over the 25 posts required, so you should be able to see the photos now....I think....

Nae
November 14th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I can't see the photos and I am WAY past 25 posts, so I don't know what is going on there. So sad. I wanted to see.:(

GlennaGirl
November 14th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I can't see the photos and I am WAY past 25 posts, so I don't know what is going on there. So sad. I wanted to see.:(

I think the OP is referring to her profile pic. That's where I looked to find it. OP, you don't have a pic actually embedded in this thread...did you want to do that? If so, go to Photobucket or a similar site and upload it, then put the link here. :)

Trish in SC
November 14th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Oh my gosh, Nae, you're way over the limit! I can't believe you can't see the pictures. Can you see people's albums?

I just saw that I'm at 26 now, and I still can't see them.... :(

Can someone who's been here a long time help me out?

I can't see her profile pic, either.

GlennaGirl
November 14th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Oh my gosh, Nae, you're way over the limit! I can't believe you can't see the pictures. Can you see people's albums?

I just saw that I'm at 26 now, and I still can't see them.... :(

Can someone who's been here a long time help me out?

I can't see her profile pic, either.

Post #15 :) ^^

Trish in SC
November 14th, 2011, 03:10 PM
GlennaGirl ~ Thanks for the reference to post #15, but I still can't see her profile pic. I clicked on her name, and then went to "view public profile." I continue to get the message that I "can't access this page."

Hate to sound so confused, but....I am. :confused:

GlennaGirl
November 14th, 2011, 03:13 PM
GlennaGirl ~ Thanks for the reference to post #15, but I still can't see her profile pic. I clicked on her name, and then went to "view public profile." I continue to get the message that I "can't access this page."

Hate to sound so confused, but....I am. :confused:

Oops, sorry, originally I was answering someone who had 1000+ posts and I got confused. No, I think you still have to wait until a certain amount of posts -- could be 50, I don't remember any more -- before seeing a profile pic. But when you do get there, you'll be able to see profile pics.

Meanwhile, there's no pic to see on the thread itself b/c the OP needs to Photobucket or what-have-you and link. :)

But for those who have enough posts, you can see the pic on her profile page.

Hope that all made sense!

Trish in SC
November 14th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks, GlennaGirl.....I'm going to go look it up in the newbie rules page, or whatever it was called.

Do you have a suggestion about a cone-free conditioner? If so, thanks. If not, that's okay too!

Nae
November 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I think the OP is referring to her profile pic. That's where I looked to find it. OP, you don't have a pic actually embedded in this thread...did you want to do that? If so, go to Photobucket or a similar site and upload it, then put the link here. :)

Oh duh! Now I see it. Very lovely hair OP!

To Trish, I think that it takes the system a little while to catch up, so even if you have 25 posts it may take a little while yet.

Suave has nice Cone free conditioners, so does VO5. :)

RedBlue
November 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the LHC! Happy growing!:)

GlennaGirl
November 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Suave has nice Cone free conditioners, so does VO5. :)

^ Yup. I especially love the various Suaves. None of the ones with proteins/milks, though. My hair does not do well with protein. I find the non-protein ones to be lighter and to rinse more easily from my hair.

I leave mine on for quite a while, at least 20 minutes.

Yozhik
November 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Ah, I was confused, because I thought there was some problem with my browser which wouldn't let me see the photo.

I went to your profile, and you have very pretty hair! :flower:

It's definitely longer than 23" if measured the typical LHC way. :)

In order to combat frizz I'd suggest oiling/aloe vera, and regular deep moisture treatments, that way you can rehabilitate your curls. You're off to a great start.

Trish in SC
November 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks, Nae & Glenna Girll! ;)