PDA

View Full Version : Getting black herb dye out?

Amber_Maiden
November 14th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I used some herbal dye on Friday. It's by Palette by Nature. I used 5N, which is a medium brown. I wanted to get the red of the henna out, or at least muted. It did mute the henna, I now have really nice auburn brown hair, except for about 10in or so at the ends. They are BLACK. Not brown or dark brown, but BLACK. It makes my messy buns look stupid.

The package says that if the colour is to dark to rinse it with lemon juice, that's not working so well. I can't use honey on my hair because it makes it super dry. Would yogurt work? or should I just try rinsing a couple more times with lemon juice?

Evie
November 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Ok, I'd try doing a baking soda wash, or using (gulp) something like Fairy liquid (dish soap) to wash (a deep treatment will fix it but it will feel horrid). I have also seen recommended using something like Head and Shoulders and leaving it on for a while, before rinsing. I also have had success in the past with mixing lemon juice with my conditioner and leaving it on, seemed to lighten things up without too much damage. Hope that works, so sorry for you I know what the dreaded black ends feels like....

Amber_Maiden
November 14th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Ok, I'd try doing a baking soda wash, or using (gulp) something like Fairy liquid (dish soap) to wash (a deep treatment will fix it but it will feel horrid). I have also seen recommended using something like Head and Shoulders and leaving it on for a while, before rinsing. I also have had success in the past with mixing lemon juice with my conditioner and leaving it on, seemed to lighten things up without too much damage. Hope that works, so sorry for you I know what the dreaded black ends feels like....

I'll definitely try the lemon juice in CO.
I've already tried shampooing it a bunch of times. I think over the course of the last 3 days I've shampooed it at least 20 times, and COed about 30 (used up half a bottle of shampoo and 3 bottles of CO).

spidermom
November 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Oil is said to help pull color, so maybe a nice warm oil soak.

Amber_Maiden
November 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Oil is said to help pull color, so maybe a nice warm oil soak.

hmmmm... yes, I might have to do that. Though I hate oil... :o