PDA

View Full Version : ACV Rinse and waves - pic

julliams
November 13th, 2011, 07:51 PM
After reading about recent success with ACV rinses (thanks Spidermom), I thought I'd give it a whirl again. My last wash was a clarify, then ACV and I was loving the wurls I was getting. Last night I oiled my hair with a Perfect Potion Hair and Scalp treatment, Conditioner washed with Tresemme Naturals to get the oil out, followed with the same shampoo and then ACV rinsed again, left in for about a minute and then rinsed out with cold water (this is paramount for me otherwise I smell like a salad).

I'm getting a great big wave pattern that I really love. About to throw it all up in a bun because it's 30 degrees celcius in my house at the moment, but thought I might share a picture.

My curl pattern is very hit and miss depending on what I use but this seems to free them up and the definition is better. I hope I'm not drying it out (doesn't feel dry but looks "big") but we will see how it goes long term. I'm thinking that I might alternate between acv rinse and normal shampoo, conditioner.

The pic you see here is the routine I mentioned, thrown up in a microfibre towel for 5 min, let down and not touched - simply air dried on a hot day. No further product or manipulation. It looks a little shorter to me so I think some length has been eaten up but hey, I'm happy.

So, if you have done ACV before but weren't a big fan, maybe give it another go.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6117/6342913306_75d302c791.jpg

spidermom
November 13th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Oh yes! Your hair couldn't look better (as good maybe, but not better).

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Oh wow! Looks amazing! Love your colour by the way! Did you comb it at all?

WaterMusic
November 13th, 2011, 07:59 PM
That is awesome, I agree with spidermom. I think that is exactly how that texture is supposed to look.

owlathena
November 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Beautiful! Looks really soft!

PixxieStix
November 13th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Woo-hoo! Excellent hair, very pretty. I like what the AVC has done for your hair pattern, it looks great. :D Let us know how the long term turns out.

julliams
November 13th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Oh wow! Looks amazing! Love your colour by the way! Did you comb it at all?

Thanks guys! I used my wooden quill brush before I went into the shower on dry hair, and then I think I just combed through the ends after I'd shampooed because I didn't want to disturb the curl pattern after I'd ACV rinsed. I love how it dried in "chunks". When it comes to waves, I love "chunks". Don't know what else to call it.

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys! I used my wooden quill brush before I went into the shower on dry hair, and then I think I just combed through the ends after I'd shampooed because I didn't want to disturb the curl pattern after I'd ACV rinsed. I love how it dried in "chunks". When it comes to waves, I love "chunks". Don't know what else to call it.

hehe! That' awesome! I get that affect with my hair when I go swimming, except I call them 'dreads', though they are far from that. Chunks is a much better word to describe it!

Yozhik
November 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Beautiful results. I've always admired your curl pattern, and I love it with the ACV rinse. :crush:

I'll definitely give ACV another try after seeing your results.

Lisa R
November 13th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing:)

Dars
November 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Beautiful curls, such envy over here! :)

schweedie
November 14th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Gah, you have such gorgeous hair. The wave pattern does look really lovely - yay for vinegar rinse success!

bbvt
November 14th, 2011, 04:04 AM
You're hair looks great and very soft! =]

LocustSpawning
November 14th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I saw this thread and your pic on my phone earlier but it wouldn't let me reply. I had to come back to it on my computer just to say something!! Wow!!

I usually prefer straight hair but there are some exceptions where curls/waves/wurls look absolutely gorgeous. This is one of them!

julliams
November 14th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Aww thanks - that is so lovely - made my day!

Winged
November 14th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Your hair is just beautiful!

vintage88
November 14th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Beautiful! Will definately be trying this :)

MonaLisa
November 14th, 2011, 03:55 PM
amazing hair! as always :) how else...

Fairlight63
November 14th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Your hair looks fabulous! Love the color & curls!
How much ACV did you use? in how much water?
I got to try it next time!

julliams
November 14th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I used one litre of water and a splash of ACV which would have been between 1 - 2 tablespoons. I have second day hair today and I have to say, I'm not loving it as much but we shall see...

Stessie
November 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Gosh, your hair is so pretty!! O.O

I'm actually going to do an ACV rinse, today. lollz Can't wait!! My hair has been screaming, lately, for me to clarify it. xD