PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but I have search everywhere...

Amiblue
November 13th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I can't find the answers I am looking for right now and I promise, one day I will understand the whole process and not bombard you all with questions constantly.

Have been unknowingly using a cone conditioner for CO. I now have cone free shampoo and conditioner and apple cider vinegar. So, do I shampoo to get rid of the build up, then condition then acv? Or condition then acv? Acv then condition? Shampoo, acv, condition? My hair get really dry, so I am trying to set myself up for success. :) I also oiled heavily knowing I was going to wash it tonight and my oil has cones. :( Last time that was getting used. Thanks!

Roseate
November 13th, 2011, 07:16 PM
So, do I shampoo to get rid of the build up, then condition then acv?

That's how I'd do it! Shampoo to clarify, then condition, then ACV rinse (diluted of course).

Personally, I dilute my shampoo too, in a squeeze bottle with lots of water: I find it's both gentler and easier to distribute to all parts of my scalp. But if you're trying to remove cone buildup you might want to stick to full strength this time.

Amiblue
November 13th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Thank You!!! :D High ho, high ho, off to the shower I go!!!:rolling:

krissykins
November 13th, 2011, 07:25 PM
If it's just a regular shampoo, then I would rinse after conditioner to get all of the conditioner gunk out of your hair (at least, that's what I do :p). Other methods may work better with rinsing with ACV after shampooing (things like shampoo bars).

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I shampoo, ACV, then condition. Or if I'm going for a stretch of not using shampoo, I just ACV then CO

spidermom
November 13th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Most of the time if I'm using vinegar (white, not ACV), I don't use conditioner. On the few times I do, I vinegar rinse, then condition, then rinse again.

aisha.christine
November 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I shampoo, ACV, then condition. Or if I'm going for a stretch of not using shampoo, I just ACV then CO

This is what I've been doing as well, and I really like the outcome. I used to use the ACV as a final rinse, and while it was okay, it wasn't really working wonders. Then I started shampooing, then doing the ACV rinse, leaving it in while I preform the rest of my shower duties, and finally conditioning it. My hair has been so much silkier and shinier as a result.

McFearless
November 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
The whole point of this forum is to ask questions. Ask how many you want :) I hate seeing members apologize for asking questions or starting threads. :p

And yes I'd shampoo first to remove cone build up.

Amiblue
November 13th, 2011, 09:27 PM
The whole point of this forum is to ask questions. Ask how many you want :) I hate seeing members apologize for asking questions or starting threads. :p

And yes I'd shampoo first to remove cone build up.

Thank you. That makes me feel better because I hate feeling like I am annoying people.

Well, I just got out and my hair feels a little slippery buy dry and kinda crunchy too. I shampooed, conditioned and left in for a while (5-10 minutes) before rinsing then had a huge mixing bowl with filtered cool water and about 1/3 cup of acv mixed in. I soaked my hair while using my hands to pour some over my neck (leaning forward over bowl). Took about 3-5 minutes. Then I poured the mixture over my head, waited a few minutes to finish washing the rest of me and rinsed with cool water from the shower.

Did I do anything wrong or will it feel better in a day or two or something? I actually enjoyed it and like the smell. Crazy, I know. It is still wet, so that could be part of it; but it is tangled in a spot and not letting me finger comb it at all (though it hasn't really the last few days).

Also, should I just wait and see or through conditioner on it now?

krissykins
November 13th, 2011, 10:22 PM
What kind of shampoo and conditioner are you using?

Amiblue
November 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Fructis natural with no silicone's or anything with TRESemmé coconut/jojoba oil conditioner without silicone's.

It did soften up as it dried, but I was pretty fuzzy on my canopy and that way all today.

Also, I am still losing hair like crazy. If I keep going, I am going to be bald! I had thought I had figured it out, but I was wrong I guess. Like, take my picture on the left, it is now see through thin and in just a few weeks. I have some new growth from taking the Biotin, but I can't figure out why I am still shedding like crazy. More than normal as I have been shedding something crazy for the last year.

TheLorelei
November 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I lost quite a bit of hair when I went cone free. It gets better. The first week or so the hair is dryer and weird feeling on the ends. Your split ends that have been hidden with the cones are now visible. You can and should trim them off. I was pretty upset to do that, but I sucked it up and cut around an inch to an inch and a half off.. then cut a little more several days later when I realized there were more split ends. I started oiling at night with coconut oil as a deep conditioner. Also after showers I would put the coconut oil (a TINY bit) on the ends before I blew it dry. If you are using brushes of any kind, I would say stop and only comb. You might also consider giving up shampoo and only conditioner washing, or giving up both shampoo and conditioner and going water only to clean.