PDA

View Full Version : Heat cap + Normal Conditioner?

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I'm sitting here with a heat cap on my head, and normal conditioner on my hair. I'm wondering, will it help my hair? I know I'm supposed to use deep conditioning CO that is supposed to be used with heat, but what about normal CO? :confused: Wondering if what I'm doing is a complete waste of time...

jacqueline101
November 13th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I don't think it would hurt your hair any.

owlathena
November 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I'm sure it'll help! Couldn't hurt!

Update with how it turns out?

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'm sure it'll help! Couldn't hurt!

Update with how it turns out?

Will do!
I started with a protein free one, with no cones. Organic. And I left that on for an hour under the cap. I've now added some protein CO to my already COed head, and have put the cap back on. I plan to take the cap off in another hour, and I'll probably sleep with the CO on my hair, and leave it on all day tomorrow, before showering around 6-7pm.

I know it's weird, but my hair is super dry from the repeated shampooings I gave it this weekend :(

xoxophelia
November 13th, 2011, 05:55 PM
It may depend. Your hair doesn't look damaged so you may not notice any difference if your hair is healthy. For me the major difference is usually just that it will look better because it is less frizzy from all the product. But it is only temporary for me (I do have some damage)

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Ok, I left the heat cap on for 30min now, for a total of 1 hr and 30min. Washing it out now rather than living it on all night.