PDA

View Full Version : How can I straighten the very ends of my curly hair?

infinity_girl
November 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
My hair is fairly curly and the ends tend to curl into an "S" shape so I lose a bit of length on the ends. I would like to keep my curls but to straighten the very ends. I have tried doing plaits and putting the elastic in right at the bottom but my ends still curl. Does anyone have any good suggestions for straightening the last inch or two? Thanks.

jesis
November 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Honestly, if you look at my album, the ends of my curls are "straighter" than the middle of my hair and I don't like the wait it looks. I have straighter hair for the first few inches, tight curls, then the curls straighten out a little at the end. Idk if we're talking about the same thing though!

I think if you just comb it while it's drying or try a damp bun it might help.

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM
You could try repeatedly combing it while its drying, should help a bit... But really, curly ends are fine, why worry?

Mesmerise
November 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Honestly? I personally think straight ends on curly hair is not a good look. My own hair tends to be straighter on the ends, and it really annoys me. Sure the curl eats up length, but it doesn't look like you've got a bad perm or something when your ends are nice and curly and match the rest of your hair :p.

Maybe I'm just not visualising this properly though?

chelshireling
November 13th, 2011, 10:46 PM
i would try putting your hair in a lose braid when wet and leaving and leaving an inch or two (how ever much you want straight) left over, then wrapping a ribbon tightly around the ends so they dry straight. I've never tried this but it might work. it seems like an odd look though.

starshade
November 13th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I also think it would look odd. When it happens to my hair accidentally it looks really weird for sure.

julliams
November 14th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Straight ends on curly hair looks a little like it's been curled using curlers, but then ends weren't placed correctly in my opinion. I do everything I can to make my ends curl under. I guess we always want what we don't have.

Is it because you are wanting to show your true length? I think your curls will stretch out in a couple of months. Just hang in there - waist length hair will happen and it will be super amazing with 3a/3b hair.

infinity_girl
November 14th, 2011, 03:03 AM
You could try repeatedly combing it while its drying, should help a bit... But really, curly ends are fine, why worry?

I'm not worrying - I like having curly hair I just sometimes like to have straight ends. I kind of like that slightly raggy look where you have curly hair with longer straight ends and it looks a bit sort of messy. Maybe I'm weird.

julliams
November 14th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Ok, I just took a look at the pictures in your album and you have some awesome ends there!!! Maybe if you still like them straighter, you can use a big roller just on the ends to pull them out a bit. But seriously, the ones you have a gorgeous!