PDA

View Full Version : Hair essentials for overseas trip

HuggyBear
November 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
My stepdaughter is going overseas to Europe next spring. I would like to get her a few things for her trip. She will be traveling quite a lot during her 2 weeks there staying in various places and going from city to city. What would you recommend I get for her? I was thinking some spin pins so that she could throw her hair up quickly when she needs to and maybe a tangle
teezer. Any more ideas?

ETA: They are also going to visit her friend's family in Italy who has a little boy. They wanted to get him something from the U.S. for his birthday. Any suggestions for that? Thanks!

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Those are pretty good ideas! How about some hair oil just in case? Detangler spray? Some metal free hair elastics?

HuggyBear
November 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks, Amber! I don't know if she uses hair oil or not but I will definitely throw some hair friendly elastics in her gift basket. :)

owlathena
November 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM
How long is her hair? I really love my goody "comfort-flex updo barrette" (this one (http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=299224&catid=183396&aid=337953&aparam=goody_comfort_flex_updo_&CAWELAID=562808689)) for travelling because it lays flat so that I can use headrests and such.

HuggyBear
November 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM
How long is her hair? I really love my goody "comfort-flex updo barrette" (this one (http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=299224&catid=183396&aid=337953&aparam=goody_comfort_flex_updo_&CAWELAID=562808689)) for travelling because it lays flat so that I can use headrests and such.

I think I have one of those. She has thick, straight, almost BSL hair with quite a few long layers.

battles
November 13th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Tangle teezer sounds like a good idea. :) How old is the little boy, by the way?

Quahatundightu
November 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I always take travel size shampoo, conditioner and coconut oil bottles. Does she braid her hair? The tiny non-snag elastics are useful to have for that.

Pierre
November 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
When I travel, I take a few Flexis (or a whole bag of them to an LHC meet), a comb (the other stays at home), a pair of scissors (in checked baggage), a Buff for sleeping, a small spray bottle of jojoba with EOs, and henna attar.

HuggyBear
November 13th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Tangle teezer sounds like a good idea. :) How old is the little boy, by the way?

I think he is around 4 or 5 years old. Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone!