PDA

View Full Version : Does my hair look better

kurlylox
November 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Does my hair look better now?
The picture on the right was taken about six years ago. I had just been doing CO for about a year or so and had been coloring my hair. The picture on the left was just taken last week. Its all my real color now. My hair seems alot thinner now. I haven't used shampoo in over 6 years now. I am 56 years old and sometimes think I need to cut it. But I just can't bring myself to cut it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/kurlylox/hair2011copy.jpg

Mustardseed
November 13th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I think that it definitely looks better.

Yozhik
November 13th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Your hair is beautiful!

Also, your current color suits you much more, in my opinion. And your curls look a lot healthier and springier! To me, it certainly doesn't look like your hair has thinned.

I definitely wouldn't advise cutting unless you really want to. Certainly don't do it because you think your hair doesn't look good, because it looks amazing!

jojo
November 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I think your hair is so pretty, it was nice before nows its just wow:thudpile: beautiful!

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I think it looks amazing! Very pretty!

Macaroni
November 13th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Your hair looks more moisturized now which brings out your curls.

PrincessBob
November 13th, 2011, 01:54 PM
You have such amazing, swirly curlies hiding in your wavy hair. I like the hair in the picture on the left a bit better, but both are lovely.

Tizzles
November 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM
It definitely looks better. You may feel like it's thinner because when you color your hair, even more so going for a lighter shade than your natural, you really open up your hairs cuticle. Because my hair is so fine, I've had highlights put in my hair for a very long time and I am on the very long journey of growing out my chemically colored hair and on the road to using henna.

Coloring your hair essentially "plumps" it up and makes it a bit easier to style, and keep a style, but in the end your hair should actually be thicker from growing all the damage out. Kudos to you for all your hard work and persistence, I know it isn't easy. :cheese:

mi_isha
November 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Your hair looks healthier and shinier, and the color looks rich-very nice. It may feel thinner because it's not coated with crap-but hopefully that feels good, so enjoy!

Lostsoule77
November 13th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I think your hair is beautiful, but defitnitely looks better in the current picture. I think your hair appears thinner, but isn't. Your hair looks like the curls are more formed which means your hair is clumping together. In the older picture it looks like your hair wasn't properly forming the curls quite as well so your hair was just more spread out.

I don't think you should cut at all! Your hair looks healthy and gorgeous so why would you? I hope my hair still looks that good when I'm your age. :D

jujube
November 13th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Definitely an improvement! I really like your natural color, and your hair looks shinier and more moisturized. And - so few greys at 56? :)

xoxophelia
November 13th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Your hair doesn't look thin at all to me. I also think it looks good in both photos. If you feel like you are in the blahs with your hair maybe just try some different styling methods? Braidwaves maybe? Sometimes we just need a little change every now and then. But I don't think your hair looks as though it should be cut off at all.

Feng-Shui
November 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Your hair is much better.

I like your curls and the gloss.:flower:

McFearless
November 13th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Your hair looks healthier for sure. It only appears thinner because your curls are much more defined and clumped together. Straight hair fills all the gaps in a hemline but curls create little gaps. Your hair is gorgeous then and now :)

Maraz
November 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM
You have long, healthy, beautiful hair, and you think you need to cut it? But why? :(

longhairedlady
November 13th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I wouldnt cut it if it was mine!

Helenae
November 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM
The hair colour is the left photo is nicer. The curls are more tightly formed, but your hair looks thicker, more voluminous and bushy in the right photo - depends what you prefer really?

Btw, when I read that you were 56 my jaw dropped - your hair looks incredible!

Annibelle
November 13th, 2011, 08:28 PM
:thudpile: Your hair was pretty before. It's GORGEOUS now.

misspurdy06
November 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Better and it looks thicker now.

dulce
November 13th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Your hair is so lovely in both the before and after.Why cut?If it's age[I am 59 with waist hair] don't worry about it.If it's healthy long, it doesn't matter your age.

bbvt
November 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Your hair looks a lot healthier and I hope you don't want to cut it because of your age (if that's what you implied in your post)! It looks much shinier and super long!

holothuroidea
November 13th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Your natural hair color is much prettier.

I agree that your current hair has the illusion of being thinner because the curls are more tightly formed and the dye probably contributed some "plumping" effect. I don't think you have any fewer hair strands, just that they are clumping together differently.

If you cut it off can I make a wig out of it? Just kidding!! It is so beautiful, though. :)

CurlyCap
November 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM
For a second, I though the picture on the right was your "current" and I was sad.

So there's your answer: :D

You're hair looks much better now. It lies much better and the curls at the end are adorable.

sycamoreboutiqu
November 13th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Great curl formation and though both colors are nice, your natural color at 56 is phenomenal. Definitely don't cut it, it is beautiful.

alyanna
November 14th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Your natural color is so much nicer! Your hair look healthier now too.

Yes it looks thinner, but it's probably due to the fact that it's not as frizzed out, or poofed, by hair dye. Your hair is much smoother now and shinier now.

If you feel you need a change or are unsatisfied, I think there are options less drastic than cutting.

For example, you say you haven't shampooed in a long time. You can try a mild, sls-free shampoo for a change, or at least clarify. I'm certain that'll give your hair a nice pick-me-up and will probably give you the extra volume that will make your hair appear thicker.

julliams
November 14th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Oh yes, just look at those gorgeous hydrated curls you have now. It's just beautiful. Sometimes having hair that looks this good makes it very difficult to make a decision to cut. Perhaps just experiment with different ways to wear it that suit your style and reflect who you are. For me, I just know that my hair looks better when it's longer so for now I'm keeping it this way. But yes, I have often queried my decision to keep it long. I think that's perfectly natural.

Lamb
November 14th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Don't ever cut those gorgeous curls!!
Your hair is not thinner, btw. I can tell by looking at the curls and seeing how "fat" they are. Basically, what was frizz before, has turned into neat, defined curls and waves. You are missing the frizz, not the thickness, of your previous hair.
So yes, your hair looks much better now - of course it did look lovely before! :)

MissAlida
November 14th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I can't understand people, who think that long hair on older people doesen't look nice. Your hair is amazing,very beautiful, don't cut it unless you are 100% positive that you want short hair. :)

LVue86
November 14th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Oh wow it looks much more voluminous and shiny thats for sure. Very beautiful!

Emerald88
November 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM
It is very pretty and to me it looks much thicker in the 2nd photo.

newbeginning
November 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I really like your curls and shine. It looks very healthy.