PDA

View Full Version : My friend burned my hair :(

zombinest
November 13th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I am so upset this weekend my friend burned my hair :(
She was using mousse and a hot iron to curl my hair.. it looked pretty but after I got out of the shower my hair smelled so burned! it was such an awful smell. Then I noticed I had split ends.. I haven't had those in a year after joining this forum! So it's been 2 days, and after a coconut oil treatment I can still smell the burn in my hair. Right now my hair still looks the same it's just the smell that's scaring me.. but I keep on thinking that my hair is going to break off all of a sudden. I just need someone to tell me it's going to be ok and my hair will go back to normal soon :(

katienoonan
November 13th, 2011, 06:04 AM
To be fair, your friend didn't burn your hair.. you let your friend near you with a mousse and a curling iron... :shrug:

On a lighter note you seem to have treated your hair nicely since, the coconut oil may help, just be very gentle with it for a while :)

zombinest
November 13th, 2011, 06:06 AM
yes I know it's my fault for letting her near me with that god-awful curling iron. No more wine for me!!!!

*Seraphina*
November 13th, 2011, 06:34 AM
That was not a good curling iron! It sounds like it was way too hot for your hair.
I'm sorry to hear that it damaged your hair. Maybe you should get a little trim?
Hopefully you can laugh about it after a while... :)

zombinest
November 13th, 2011, 06:43 AM
getting a trim is not what I want to hear :(
but yes, all wounds heal in time so hopefully I can laugh about it when my hair regains its health.

jojo
November 13th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Lesson learnt I suppose, any heat appliances can do this. I am sorry about your hair maybe a few SMT's will sort things out for you, you may find a few months down the line the affected areas may split or look damaged, then a trim is all that will help.

Night_Kitten
November 13th, 2011, 07:14 AM
If it was only done once, the damage might not be very bad, and babying your hair combined with more frequent S&Ding could be all that is needed to get it back on track...
There's no way to tell beforehand though, as it depends on so many factors like how damaged was your hair already, how resilient is your hair naturally, how it is treated day-to-day... You'll just have to wait and see how your hair reacts over time.

Amber_Maiden
November 13th, 2011, 09:01 AM
To be fair, your friend didn't burn your hair.. you let your friend near you with a mousse and a curling iron... :shrug:

On a lighter note you seem to have treated your hair nicely since, the coconut oil may help, just be very gentle with it for a while :)

Yep, to be honest it's not your friend's fault, it's your own. You shouldn't have let any heat near your hair in the first point.

Your hair will eventually go back to normal. S&D, oil, and handle gently. It could take up to a year though...