PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help?

Kira94
November 13th, 2011, 12:37 AM
(I hope this is the right place to post this, if it's not I'll try to move it to wherever it's supposed to be :))
So I'm pretty sure I'm somewhere in the 2s, but I'm not exactly sure where. So I was hoping I could get some input from you guys. :)

In these pictures I had CO washed then scrunched in some conditioner before it dried. I hope that's allowed. :confused:

So, I thought I was a 2a or maybe 2b (pardon the lack of makeup, very lazy day):
http://i42.tinypic.com/14dpo3s.png

but I get ringlets underneath which confuses me:
http://i43.tinypic.com/29bepfq.png

Thank you!

krissykins
November 13th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Adding conditioner as a leave-in normally encourages more curl, so it might be better see your hair when you've just washed with your usual method and did not add in any leave-ins. :flower:

My vote is for 2c. I was thinking it could pass as 2c/3a, but I can't be too sure of what effects the conditioner had on your curl.

longhairedlady
November 13th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Im no good at hair typing but you have pretty curls! Is that a hair type? :D

spidermom
November 13th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I'd go with 2C.

FroggyMonkeyMom
November 13th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Okay I'm confused (I'm new.) which one is the absolute straightest hairtype? 1a? That's what I put on my profile, not sure if that meant extra curly or extra straight. Mine in bone straight, won't even hold much of a perm haha. The 80s/90s were a sad time for me hahaha

Orangerthanred
November 13th, 2011, 08:53 AM
2b, I think.

1nuitblanche
November 13th, 2011, 08:56 AM
It looks like 2c, but it might be different if you were to wash your hair, skip conditioner, and let it dry with no touching.

luthein
November 13th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I believe you're at least a 2c. You have loose ringlets and tighter s-waves.

Lostsoule77
November 13th, 2011, 09:02 AM
For proper hair typing you really need to wash, rinse as gently as possible, and then not touch your hair until it's dry. If you left conditioner in it's going to mess with the typing and scrunching it in definitely is. I look 3a when I scruch my hair, but I'm really not.

If you don't care about your true hair type I'd probably say in those pictures you look like a 2b/2c or 2c. :)

Ovis
November 13th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Your hair looks very similar to mine except yours looks far better behaved, and so beautifully shiny too! I thought I was a 2b, but since applying various LHC methods I also get some ringlets which are confusing me too.

Whatever you are, your hair is stunning!

lapushka
November 13th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Another vote for 2c.

Kira94
November 13th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone!
I'll try again next time I wash my hair not scrunching in conditioner. :)

Anje
November 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, it'd be best to see an untouched, drip-dried pic. (Not that many folks drip-dry for their hairtyping pics anyway....) But I'd say 2c, given what you've shown us.

holothuroidea
November 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
My vote is for 2b/2c.

A lot of it is subjective. I call my hair 1c based on the descriptions in the hair typing article but compared to other 1c's I've seen I could probably be called a 2a and compared to others I could be called a 1b. I think they are just rough guidelines to help people with similar types find each other and to help others give advice when you ask. I don't think there really is a such thing as "exactly correct.":)

And you are absolutely beautiful without make up! Your skin tone is gorgeous and matches your lip, hair, and eye color perfectly.

Yozhik
November 13th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I'd call it 2c.

Your ringlets are so cute! :crush:

pepperminttea
November 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM
From those photos, my vote is 2C. :)

SwordWomanRiona
November 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I would say 2c too. Gorgeous waves and ringlets!

And you absolutely don't need any make-up, really. You have a great complexion, imo :).