PDA

View Full Version : breakage

Brenda714
November 12th, 2011, 12:41 PM
can you tell me your experience with breakage? I do regular trims on my damaged ends. I am frustrated that it has been slow due to the perms and coloring that I did. Has anyone's hair still grew even with the breakage? I need some encouragement. I also do hair masks, with olive oil, conditioner, and honey to replenish moisture. Then almost everyday I spritz the ends with a Wen spritzer that has many great extracts mixed with argon oil. I'm getting less breakage, so I hope I'm doing the right things, I would really like to hear your stories if your hair grew even in spite of the breakage. Thank you LHCers! You're the best!

spidermom
November 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM
It absolutely will continue growing even with damage, but you may not see length increase for awhile, depending on how much it is breaking off. I more than doubled my growth rate the first time I had significant damage cut away. It was like a miracle!

Brenda714
November 12th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Gosh Spidermom, your hair is so beautiful! Thank you for the encouragement! I look forward to that miracle :)

spidermom
November 12th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Ah - blush! - thanks. I hope you'll be able to enjoy length increase soon.

jojo
November 12th, 2011, 06:56 PM
When I have fragile ends and don't trim my hair breaks as quick as it grows, but i always get a nice growth spurt after trimming off the offending ends.

owlathena
November 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM
The breakage that I notice is on my bleached streaks, they're about an inch and a half shorter than the rest of my hair. Also when I wear metal french barrettes in my hair for several days in a row I notice wispies on the sides where the hair was pulled back. But as far as my general length, I dont notice much breakage, just some intermittent splits at the ends.