PDA

View Full Version : OMG I think Colour B4 has worked and I'm not black!

Evie
November 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM
:cheese::cheese:

after almost 2 years of dying my hair dark brown / black with chemical dye, I decided, on looking through my album, I really, really wanted to go back to a rich red/auburn brown that I had when I used henna and indigo. So, my hair had really dark tips (probably old henndigo, and chemical dye) and chemical dyed roots.....and it had started to look a bit dull and bland...

On Wednesday, I used one box of colour B4 (like Color Oops) and it lifted to a mid-brown....today I used 2 boxes (to saturate my hair, one box wasn't enough) and on rinsing it out, I am a dark strawberry light brown ish tone (sounds awful but it isn't....) the roots are lighter than the ends of the length which I'd counted on, as very little shifts henndigo once it is in there :) but I can deal with that, and the roots are the lightest they have been in maybe 10 years. Really. Now, from past experience I know this stuff may darken up a bit again, but even so, I am just thrilled. I don't think I'll do another treatment with it, I am just going to baby it for a bit and then crack open the henna! I might use buxus this time to tone down the orange roots (always a pain when you have darker dye on the lenght) and then see how it goes....I'm so happy, I'd longed to get rid of the chemical colour and start over using natural dyes and now I can! My hair is also in pretty good condition, it kind of clarifies away all the cones, so it is now having a deep treatment (plus some cones, it loves cones) but I could finger comb through it and it is not tangled or at all like chewing gum (bleach does this to my hair. It hates bleach. I know this from bitter experience and bits breaking off years ago :rolleyes: ;))

So this post is an initial Hurray for Colour B4, and hoping it stays light and doesn't darken up too much! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

chickpea
November 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
That sounds great! I'm thinking of giving Color Fix another go on the length of my hair, to lighten up years of henna & indigo. I'd like to get to a medium brown shade so I can just henna over it.

Evie
November 13th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Well I checked it this morning, and it is definitely NOT black. It is a warm red/chestnut/brown, although I cannot get a good picture of this! It is a bit dry, but it was last time and a few deep treatments fixes that (at least it did last time). I am going to give it a week or so, probably a protein treatment, and then start thinking about henna.... :)

Evie
November 13th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Ps I'm living with mum at the moment, who had put up with the horrible sulphorous smells, and then this morning was totally shocked at the change, and that my hair looked red....she needs some time to adjust! Granted, it now needs henna (and probably buxus) to get my hair looking really "rich" again, but it is well on the way!

Unofficial_Rose
November 13th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Glad it worked for you. Color B4 removed my henndigo too. It seems to be a real breakthrough product, and it definitely gets out more henna/indigo than Colorfix.

jojo
November 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Yes its good stuff, I got rid of 90% of hendigo. I personally would never go back to indigo, I just use a semi chocolate dye now and a weak henna gloss on top, same look but less permanency but 10/10 for CB4!