PDA

View Full Version : happy henna, messy hands!

kaned_ferret
November 12th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I had to share this, and despite searching for a thread of "funny henna incidents" or similar, couldn't find anything, although there MUST be some out there lol! So please, feel free to point me in the right direction... in the mean time, here's what's happened to me today:

I've gotten pretty good at henna application without making a mess, BUT, todays application was going fantastic, until about half way through when I felt an odd squelching sensation... yes, the rubber on my marigold had perished midway through, and I knew the henna had gotten inside! When i'd finished, I removed the glove to find a completely coated middle finger, which rinsed out to a bright orange. So, on the upside I know i've got good dye content on my head, the downside is I look like I have been doing something very questionable indeed!:eyebrows:

Time for new marigolds methinks - anybody else got silly stories of things not going quite to plan?

SwordWomanRiona
November 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
After two henna applications and one cassia application, I still only have the 'usual' story, I think: Henna-pasted hands (Somehow, I don't really like the feeling of gloves in my hair, so I finish by taking them off :rolleyes:), completely messed-up bathroom/kitchen + hands and arms + clothes (especially prepared for the henna'ing, of course!!) + usually an equally muddy mother who had been helping me and/or "cassia'ing" herself :D.
And well, for a funny situation, just picture an Astrophysics student, with her clothes covered with henna and her head bundled up, sitting in front of the laptop finishing her assigned project while waiting for the henna to act ;).

I'm going to henna-gloss in December again!! What was the henna you used? I'm thinking about getting Jamila henna, I would like a more coppery-red result than red-burgundy...

Amber_Maiden
November 12th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Last night I dyed my hair with herb dye. I wore gloves, but while washing my hair for 30minutes in the shower my hands turned blacked. I got so tired I had to stop. This morning I washed my hair again to get the rest of the dye out. A total of an hr washing my hair (12 times I shampooed it, the entire length. 15 times I conditioned). My hands are still black. I look like an artist.

kaned_ferret
November 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm going to henna-gloss in December again!! What was the henna you used? I'm thinking about getting Jamila henna, I would like a more coppery-red result than red-burgundy...

I use the Jamila hair quality - I started out using BAQ but find the hair quality to be almost as finely sifted tbh, and it works just as well - also a fraction of the price :) I get loads of vibrant colour from it.

Pierre
November 21st, 2011, 04:39 PM
What does "the rubber on my marigold had perished" mean?

I normally henna my nails, so getting some on all my fingertips is nothing odd. But one funny incident happened years ago. I got a tiny dollop of henna mud on the counter, then left the room. I went back in, saw something on the counter, sniffed it, thought it was clove cookie dough or something similar, and ate it. Only then did I think "What do I put cloves in, but henna?"

Kome
November 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
LOL!!! That it just TOO funny... Having it on that one finger. Hahahahahaha.

owlathena
November 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM
After 7 hennas, the spatula I use to mix/apply my henna is now a deep deep red (it started off white). Its really pretty! I should take a picture...