PDA

View Full Version : Is there a length you were actually *satisfied* with your hair?

jenjen10
November 12th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I really thought that when I got to BSL I would feel like my hair was "long"... but, alas, I am there and passing it and now (of course!) I can't wait to get to waist... and I am convinced that THEN I will feel that it is actually long.

I know we often talk about our goal lengths changing (usually to a longer length! LOL) but have you had a length that you were actually not biting at the bit to get to the next one at??

or am I doomed to always be impatiently waiting for more growth?? :confused:

Avital88
November 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
haha uhm nooo, i all the time say:not yet,almost..but never actually am..

Lostsoule77
November 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Before I found LHC yes, now no. :) I was always around hip to bcl. When I found LHC I decided maybe I would try for CL and I still am, but looking at some of the beautiful photos on here make me think perhaps I'll see if I can attain knee. We'll see once I actually get to CL though. :D

isabelx
November 12th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I haven't reached it yet as my hair is still so short, but I think it'll be just BSL for me, if my hair were to stop growing then I'd be disappointed but not devastated. Simply because I don't have high expectations of my hair, my hair was never long when I was young, nor were any of my female relatives, going all the way back to my great grandmother. Hence the reason I'm growing to terminal.

UltraBella
November 12th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I am satisfied with my hair and it's not even waist length, BSL was great. TBL was too long for me and I didn't enjoy it.

PlainLight
November 12th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Before I started growing my hair out, it was about BSL and I had very short bangs. Now it's hip length/TBL and I just wish those bangs would catch up so it's all the same length! But really I'm satisfied with my hair the length it is. It's not as easy to care for as when it was shorter, but I like it more.

luthein
November 12th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'm at BSL and I think that anything past this point is a perk. =)

Ishje
November 12th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I finally get the idea that my hair is getting long, but I still want to grow it a bit longer ^^
I stopped comparing with people on this site, for my own sake ;)

xoxophelia
November 12th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Hm for me this is difficult to answer because I am not satisfied mostly with growing out dye. But, if I had TB length hair without it being darker on the bottom.. AND a more or less even hemline then, yes, I would be satisfied :)

Bene
November 12th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm about 6 inches beyond my original "final goal", so I suppose I haven't hit the satisfied length yet.

Mischamiu
November 12th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I thing BSL is already long :)

ravenreed
November 12th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Actually, I am quite satisfied. My original goal after joining LHC was TB and I hit that. I am working up to my new goal of CL (I am about 2" away from it) , and my hair is generally happy and healthy. If I were to never hit CL, I would still be content with my hair.

NotInPortland
November 12th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'm just a bit past waist now and I'm not satisfied at this length but if I make it to TBL I think I will be satisfied because I really can't see myself going longer than that, it would be too awkward for me to have hair any longer. So I foresee satisfaction at TBL hehe, once I get there it will just be a case of maintaining and getting it as healthy as possible at the ends :D

noelgirl
November 12th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I'm pretty happy with where I am, maintaining at waist. It feels long, but at this length I'm also happy with the condition and how my texture looks. In the past, when I've grown longer than this, it lost curl and/or had major damage. Then again, that was pre-LHC, so if I really wanted I probably could go a little longer . . .

Deborah
November 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I'm happy with my hair length. I like it anywhere from about BSL to about TBL, where it is now. Once it passes TBL, it annoys me, so I cut a number of inches back and I'm happy again. :cheese:

Sunny_side_up
November 12th, 2011, 10:44 AM
The last time i had my desired length of BSL(just passing it) i was in my mid teens and got to that length by ignoring it for a year and a bit and just keeping it up. I got fed up with the length and got my mum to cut it to my shoulders:D These days i have felt my hair has gotten too much of my attention at times, hence big trims and no length progress to show:o So i think APL to BSL will be my desired length, and i shall maintain a neat hemline once i get there. But thats what i said last year:rolleyes: 2012 will be a microtrim year for me!

Amber_Maiden
November 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM
4 years ago when I was at hip, I was pretty happy with that length. I didn't really care how long my hair got, but I was happy at that length!

Violettwin
November 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I thought my hair would feel really long when I got to waist but now it doesn't 'feel' long to me now i'm there! I would like to get to tailbone & be happy with that but I can see that turning into terminal! x

moon2dove
November 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'm at BSL and I think that anything past this point is a perk. =)

^^^This exactly :D

Madora
November 12th, 2011, 10:51 AM
I'm enjoying my current length but will be happier when I add another 4 inches or so.

LittleOrca
November 12th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Still not happy with how short mine is. ;)

ilovelonghair
November 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Have never been satisfied (except as a child), am at hip now (from the back, not from the front, boobs are in the way LOL), I want tailbone lenght and not just 3 hairs at tailbone but at least some acceptable amount (the fairytale ends I have now at hip would at tailbone be fine by me), but my hair falls out just too often (every couple of years I get a baldish spot) to be able to get to that length :(

Becky9679
November 12th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Mine was past my hips in 2004 and I remember being quite happy with that. Once I get there again we'll see how I feel but I would like to try for terminal just to see where it is!

Loreley
November 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I'm at mid-thigh length, 2" from my goal and it still feels short most of the time. Sometimes I think 'wow, it is getting longer, it feels so long' but the next day 'argh, I'm sure it's shrinking'. :D
So it depends on my mood mostly. I'm a 2c/3a, so after washing my hair is curly and it's about a bit past classic length. When it's wet or I have bun waves it looks a lot longer. This also influences me on what I think about my length. :p

Macaroni
November 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I hit waist length years ago and I'm maintaining it with self trims, co wash and a coconut oil/castor oil spray in, pre-co wash.

JamieLeigh
November 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I was very happy with my hair at fingertip length; I think that one was my favourite of all the lengths I've been. I actually attempted to maintain it there last year, but that didn't quite work out for me. :lol: If I ever cut, I'm heading back there.

Melisande
November 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I liked between hips and tailbone, that was a nice length... although it took some time to get used to it. The ends were shreddered, though, and I cut back to waist length. That was nice, too, because French twist and Edwardian tuck and all kinds of nice styles were possible again... and even wearing it open GASP!

Now I'm somewhere in the middle and I enjoy the ride again. No fried ends anymore, and I will simply let it grow again. I have often had hip length and always liked it ... and then cut back again only to let grow again.

Every length has its drawbacks and advantages. I must say I don't have the burning urge to be at any other length than the one I'm at. I used to measure monthly but I stopped. Twice a year is enough.

And I simply don't compare myself to the beautiful heads of hair I see around here. My hair always looks fuzzy and muddled and my updos are not smooth and ends stick out... but I know that I'm my own worst critic, as we all are, and simply enjoy the beauty I behold, without comparing it to my own head.

ScarlettAdelle
November 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM
If my hair can get there, I think I'll be happy somewhere between fingertip and knee. I don't intend to get to knee, but only time will tell. When I was at BSL, I said the same thing about Tailbone, but now at Tailbone + 2" I'm eyeballing fingertip. My goal hasn't changed in about 6 months, so I wonder if I'll dig fingertip (supposing I can get there) and want to stay there.

Bulbus
November 12th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Before my pixie cut my hair was APL. I'm growing it out now, and I think I'll go for BSL this time.

pepperminttea
November 12th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I'm still growing rather than maintaining, but since the halfway point between waist and hip I've really been enjoying the length, a whole lot more than I did up until then. It's beginning to feel properly long to me. Now the longer it gets the more satisfied I am with it. Be interesting to see how long that lasts! :p

Nevada Rose
November 12th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I really thought that when I got to BSL I would feel like my hair was "long"... but, alas, I am there and passing it and now (of course!) I can't wait to get to waist... and I am convinced that THEN I will feel that it is actually long.

I know we often talk about our goal lengths changing (usually to a longer length! LOL) but have you had a length that you were actually not biting at the bit to get to the next one at??

or am I doomed to always be impatiently waiting for more growth?? :confused:

Speaking for myself, I can say that I have a hair addiction. I've had it since I was a little girl. I absolutely LUV hair, especially long hair. When I was at shoulder length, I thought it was long. Every length after that, I thought it was the length for me, but my addiction said "No way." I am now between classic and knee, and hope knee length will be it for me. But if not, I'll just continue to grow it. It's fun and exciting. It's worth the hard work keeping long hair maintained for us who are addicted.:blossom:

Athena's Owl
November 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
well, sort of. I had a goal when I first signed on and that was curly hair to my hips. It's actually a bit longer than that now but i'm just biding my time and trying to get the ends a little blunter, but I'm at the length i want and i'm happy with that length. I'll never go to classic length, and I might decide to go just to waist.

princessp
November 12th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Definitely waist/hip. I think my hair curls just right at that length and I can wear it down with no troubles. I am now at TB and I think it is and awkward length for me. But I am going to persevere because BSL is awkward too so my theory is that somewhere past TB (classic, knee, etc) my hair will hopefully look good again.

pink.sara
November 12th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Absolutely! Hip to tailbone is perfect. I can finally do interesting buns, the ends will stay superthick and blunt and this is about as long as my bleached White streak can go before breakage starts to become noticeable.
Classic is too long and needs to be tied up way to often to protect it, and I love wearing my hair down.
Waist is a little too short for nearly all the good buns.
:)

Earelia
November 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Not really. When I was a bit younger I was always chopping my hair on a whim, so I never really knew what I wanted. I only knew that I wanted anything besides the way it was. Now that I'm a little older I look back and would be satisfied with the long hair I had before I started cutting and dying it all the time. Now I'm praying for growth yet still trimming my ends to get rid of bleach damage from a while back. I'm not satisfied with the length completely but it is nice to have it looking healthier. Better to have healthy looking hair than long nasty hair. =)

Oh and I guess my hair is somewhere between APL and BSL... I can't fully reach it to my bra strap but I can tuck it in my armpit a bit. I hope to reach mid-back someday.

princessp
November 12th, 2011, 01:34 PM
pink.sara Waist is a little too short for nearly all the good buns.
Yeah good point I totally forgot about that. I am going to have to try some new buns and see if I can manage them now that my hair is longer. Thanks, I was feeling down about my hair and you made my day happier. :)

Feng-Shui
November 12th, 2011, 02:43 PM
For me is mid thigh the best length.

I grows my hair to knee length now, but I think I cut back too mid thigh in the future again.

I was surprised to see it gives a too long for me.

You feel it when you are there.:)

Helenae
November 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'm definitely not happy at BSL. The longest my hair has ever been is waist length. I'm hoping to grow it out to tail bone length.

Shuan
November 12th, 2011, 02:51 PM
My current length is APL and I'm content with it. There isn't really a particular length I want my hair to be, but I think I'll stop at BSL.

Ceridwen Iris
November 12th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I've been completely satisfied with my hair at a number of short lengths. I mostly kept it between shoulder length and APL because that was short but still long enough for a ponytail. This is the first time I have had hair longer than APL since my teens and I'm going to go to waist and see how I feel. Because my hair is thick, I need a bit more length to be able to do some of the updos I'm interested in trying.

Maraz
November 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM
In a way, I'm very satisfied with it right now. I look in the mirror and it looks right. Any shorter than this wouldn't. I won't know if it looks even more right when it's longer because it's never been longer, but I'll find out.

luxepiggy
November 12th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Hip length & beyond (^(oo)^)v

jojo
November 12th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I am very happy and content with my hairs length and health In fact if I never grew another inch id be happy that I made it this long!

HintOfMint
November 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Sort of. My hair is *technically* at the length I want. It's at the small of my back but stretched. My hair is wavy and full, and so even when I have the waves brushed out so it's straight-ish, it still hits just below waist when I'm not stretching it down. I honestly don't know how much actual length I'll need to get my hair to sit where I want it when it's wavy, so for now, I'm unsatisfied with my length but without any real goal length.... if that makes ANY sense.

young&reckless
November 12th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I was happy at waist but not truelly satisfied until I got to hip. Cut back to waste once but I've been happy at hip ever since. I might grow to classic but I do not think it will make a big difference.

Xi
November 12th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I've been content since TBL or so. Oddly enough, finding the LHC helped -- it reminded me that despite my modest bun size (hurray for fine/thin/compressible hair!:rolleyes:), my hair is reasonably longish.:)

jacqueline101
November 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Before I had started growing my hair out I liked bra strap length hair I had years ago.

Diamond.Eyes
November 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM
To answer your question, not really. My front layers always make me feel like my hair is shorter. I'd be a lot happier with my hair if those were about four inches longer. I just feel like my length is average. When I stop seeing others in person with longer hair than me, maybe then I'll be satisfied with my length. :shrug:

Chamy
November 12th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I felt exactly the same as you when i was at bsl. Now om at waist and i still feel like i have short hair. Hoping it will feel long at hip... Haha, but i doubt it. :)

pittsburgpam
November 12th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I truly believe I will be satisfied when it gets to Classic... not barely Classic, not almost Classic, not thin-at-the-ends Classic, but well and truly Classsic with a thick blunt cut right across under my behind.

Yozhik
November 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Ever since waist I've been really satisfied with my hair.

I'm growing it to hip, and maybe a bit extra (just because hip is kind of a nebulous marker), though.

I started growing with BSL in mind, and then at BSL decided to go for waist, and am now going for hip.

However, I do think that as soon as I reach hip+, I'll either chop back to waist or maintain somewhere in-between. I do appreciate the buns I can do now that weren't possible at waist, though. :hmm:

TitaniaOfFairys
November 12th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I'm at hip (or a little longer now) and I'm satisfied with it.

However I want to grow it at least to talibone (that was the longest my hair ever been). And than maybe a few inches longer, if I can handle it. But I don't want it to be longer. I love it on others, but not on me.

sisi33
November 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Today I was satisfied with how long my hair currently is- I was able, for the first time, to sucessfully put it up in a double Dutch Braided Chinese Bun! But tomorrow, I'll probably be annoyed with the fact that it's not growing fast enough! Well, as long as it is growing somewhat, I'm okay!

owlathena
November 12th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I'm happy with my hair at waist. It finally feels "long." I'm definitely growing longer, but I feel like the GROW GROW GROW weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

akuamoonmaui
November 12th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Oooh, this is a trick question! My hair is at waist when wet, and I'm loving it! I think I can keep it here for maintenance and to really get my hemline the way I want it. But then I think I can (and should?) keep growing it to tailbone.... Then I saw a woman is thigh length hair and thought "why not? I could".....

Kristin
November 12th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I was never satisfied while I was growing BSL...no...waist...no...hip...no. I was about 2" from BCL last week and was honestly sick of dealing with the length. I cut back to waist+ with blended layers and will likely maintain between waist and hip for awhile. I am satisfied. :)

akilina
November 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
i think that if i ever reach BSL, id be happy but i dont think id really be happy until im past bsl so i know my hair can actually get that long.
ive never in my life been able to get it to a true BSL. :(

Monkey962
November 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I actually had a thought recently, what am I going to do when I hit my goal length, only 4 inches away? I'm realizing now that I think I'd either set a new goal or become bored with my hair. Though hopefully not, because I always figured that the only way I'd ever lose the hair was if I became bored with it. Maybe it'll just slip into benign neglect and I'll end up with ankle length :D.

As far as answering your question, right now it feels pretty decently long. Normally when my hair is down, it's down my back, and not in the front. But on the rare occasion that it's over my shoulder I'm kind of amazed how far it extends. Part of the issue with a lot of long hairs, I think is that the journey is more fun than the destination.

longhairedlady
November 13th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I havent got there yet!

PaganPriestess
November 13th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I always want it longer longer longer!!! Hopefully when I reach terminal I'll be happy with it LOL

tamchronic
November 13th, 2011, 04:47 AM
I haven't been truly satisfied with my hair for a long time. I'm currently just past BSL, and beginning to be a little happier with it now that it's beginning to actually feel 'long'. I think I'll be happier at waist-length, and truly thrilled once I reach hip-length. The length is what I'm longing for.

missoj
November 13th, 2011, 05:28 AM
My first goal was apl, when I got there it felt short, now its waist. I plan on growing past waist to grow out my layers though.

Carolyn
November 13th, 2011, 05:49 AM
My original goal was waist but I never thought I could get there. Thanks to LHC and the other long hair boards, I accomplished it a few years ago. I think waist would be my satisfaction length. I've been to tailbone twice but wasn't as happy with it as I am with waist to hip range. I can do lots of buns and my braid looks good. I can still wear it down once in a while. So I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Hairizona
November 13th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I "will be" satisfied once I reach solid classic length...right now I am once again nearly there b/c I had to trim 1 1/2 inches back in the last week of September. The year before I had to trim in September and again in the following December for a total of nearly 4 inches. I am very impatient to reach classic; this has not been easy, but the thinning in the ends of my hair due to the preceding years before deciding to grow my hair out again I damaged my hair by bleaching and hair extensions that is now showing up at about this length. I have noticed that others on this site have damage that cannot be ignored any longer showing up at around tailbone to classic length. I was 47" in the past, so I know that once I get to classic length, the rest is "icing on the cake".
To me, long and satisfied is once I reach classic........

Lilli
November 13th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I am at APL and I am satisfied. My hair was short for so long, and it is not very thick, so it looks pretty now.

Jesabel
November 13th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I've always wanted longer hair but never treated it right so it always got so damaged. Since I've joined (and been lurking prior to that :p) LHC I've realised my hair is actually BSL and I want to grow it to waist length to see how I like that. With all the hair care tips I've learned and my decision to stop dying my hair I think I can make that :)

QMacrocarpa
November 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I'm satisfied where I am, as I can do enough different updos to keep myself from getting bored. Really, the only length where I wasn't happy with my hair in recent years was just above shoulder, where I had pretty severe "triangle head" (if I were back at that length today, I'd have a go at taming it with a sock bun or an octopus clip bun-cage). Actually, I guess immediately after my last 1" trim I was a little bereft-feeling too, since some styles that had just become barely possible were out of reach again. But in general, I'm fine with my hair at a variety of lengths, including where I am right now.

Masara
November 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I'm a couple of inches away from classic with whispy, uneven ends and my goal is a blunt hemline at classic. But if my hair stops here, I won't mind too much.
Since hip/tailbone I've been more or less satisfied with my length. I can do most of the updos I want to do and it feels properly long.

einna
November 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I am hoping that I will be reasonably happy at a solid BSL. This is the lenght I have been longing for. However I will probably grow to waist just to have tried it, and to be able to do more updoes. Hopefully my dream lenght turns out to be somewhere between BSL and waist. If not, I`ll probably keep on growing. ;)

TheBluffs
November 13th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I think I'll be satisfied at knee length, with thick ends. Science getting thick ends would require cutting back to TB, I'm not satisfied yet.

dulce
November 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Loved it at tailbone length in my 20's and 30's.Not sure if I can get there again due to age and age related thinning.

Heartwillfollow
November 13th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Apl felt really awkward just getting passed apl feels so much better to me and I can put it up more neatly.. So am happy were I am at and feel longer in time will just keep getting better. As long as it feels and looks healthy I'm happy.. Only time I would say I am unhappy is when it starts feeling dry and crunchy I get worried, doing the clarify and seeing it was just build up I go back to happy... :)

racrane
November 13th, 2011, 06:18 PM
When I was a teen I longed for hip length. I only achieved waist before I was asked to cut it for a show. Now that I"m growing it out again, I'm debating between waist and hip. I have a feeling that once I hit waist I won't settle. :D

Juneii
November 13th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Not really. I mean, I am satisfied with how long my hair is but I don't consider my hair to be very long :shrug: I've just gotten used to the length and seeing other long hairs in real life I don't see it as very long.

PixxieStix
November 13th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Right now, no. Not even close. In a few years when I have reached my goal length, then maybe. I've never had hair longer than waist, and that is likely due to the fact that when I was younger, I took horrible care of it and took it for granted. This go around though, it will be healthy and strong and well cared for. I truly believe that once I reach hip/tailbone (not 100% sure which will make me happiest), I will be satisfied. BUT, I also think I'll be satisfied to see healthy waist length hair as well. Guess we'll see. :D

Quahatundightu
November 13th, 2011, 07:28 PM
My goal was always TB. Now that my hair is nearing that, I am starting to feel really satisfied. It's the healthiest it's ever been and the longest, and people have started complimenting me on not only the length but also the condition of my hair. I would like my hair to be TB when curly, of course, but if it never made it and just stayed like it is, I think I'd be ok with that! So, finally about to reach my goal after all these years, I am feeling satisfied! :)

Roseate
November 13th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I've been satisfied with my length since reaching BSL. I'm still growing longer at this point, but I don't have that impatient feeling like I did, especially from shoulder-APL (VERY awkward lengths for me!).

lora410
November 13th, 2011, 07:34 PM
My obsession ended when I hit waist length :)

McFearless
November 13th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I was happy being at waist and finally felt my hair was long. Now not so much. :( I will be happy to reach waist again and even more once reaching hip.

lapispimpernel
November 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I am quite nearly at my original goal of waist, but I am not satisfied yet. My hair just doesn't feel long. Most of the time I think others' BSL is longer. :rolleyes: I'm hoping that by hip/TB I'll actually "feel" the length and be content. Plus I'll be able to do a few more buns, yay! I don't think I want to go longer than TB, though, it's difficult enough to get helmets and hoods on now. :p

But I'm not desperate for that length- I've settled into a routine, and obsessing doesn't make the hairs grow faster. :D

MonaLisa
November 14th, 2011, 04:05 AM
I feel that growing hair is a bit like anorexia...
Always new goals, never good enough - at least for me..
It's not even length related, there's always something missing, something more I want.
I am trying my best to not be perfectionist, and I want to and am thankful for what I have, and I love it..But you know sometimes it hits you, from the back of your mind :D
human nature I guess...

erialc
November 14th, 2011, 04:16 AM
I'm a 100% positive I'll be satisfied with my hair once I've grown out all layers and it's reached BSL+. Sometimes I find it hard to understand this obsession about every single little millimetre you see around here, as if ANYONE except for you would ever notice if your hair barely touches waist or is an inch below...

To me it's just about making the best of what I have and hopefully reach lenghts I've never had before :)

jenjen10
November 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I feel that growing hair is a bit like anorexia...
Always new goals, never good enough - at least for me..
It's not even length related, there's always something missing, something more I want.
I am trying my best to not be perfectionist, and I want to and am thankful for what I have, and I love it..But you know sometimes it hits you, from the back of your mind :D
human nature I guess...

You stated this very well... I agree!

Lici1209
November 14th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I am satisfied with my length for looks, the only reason I want to grow it out a few more inches is because I promised myself I would try :] That's where the dissatisfaction comes in! I've always had short hair (shoulder length or shorter) so I wanted to try something new. Once I reach my goal length, I plan to cut it about where it is now...unless I'm absolutely in love with it longer! I don't think I could have it longer than around BSL, so credit to a lot of you on here!

celebriangel
November 15th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I remember feeling really happy with just-past-waist hair.

BSL+ currently feels irritatingly short to me, but I am relaxing as I approach waist. I think when my hair reaches that magic length again - dripping over my breasts, tickling the insides of my elbows - I will be happy again (and probably want more. But I think the irritating feeling of dissatisfaction will go).

I find that layered hair or shorter front pieces (grrrrr...I chopped out my layers but was left with a deep U to accommodate former face framing layers, and I don't like the shorter front bits!) make my hair feel shorter than it is, which contributes to the dissatisfaction.

Anywhere
November 15th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Once I hit BCL I said. "My hair is getting long. :D" and decided to maintain here.

So yes. BCL/tailbone is when I got satisfied. My goal is classic, but I'm beginning to doubt I have the genes for even that with a decent hemline.

luthien_belewen
November 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I'll be happy when I get past shoulder length again! Seriously, when you're hair has been chin length or higher for several years, anything past shoulder is an awesome accomplishment ^_^

Florida Mom
November 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM
hmm, well I really like TB length - bc it finally feels long. I think I will be really happy with it once it gets to a solid and true classic - inching towards fingertips.... but I did also like waist length with layers when I was younger..... we shall see - only about 1 1/2 inches to classic.....

I really need to update my picture - this one is quite old!

nobeltonya
November 15th, 2011, 10:39 AM
It seems to be one of those things that once you get to your goal, you're like "Oh cool, now how much farther can it go?" You're never completely satisfied because you can always go more.. at least that's my problem. :) I'm like 1" from tbone, but now I want to be at least classic.. which will be like another year away!! *sighs*