PDA

View Full Version : Never de-tangle your hair while angry!

Shona
November 12th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I should not be allowed to hold a comb when i'm worked up! Can anyone else tell me if the do this! if i've had a rough day (work etc) and i come home and de-tangle my hair, i have a habbit of taking my anger out on it, i rip through my hair like theres no tomorrow, like it's the hairs fault! I would love to know if anyone else does this! ha

isabelx
November 12th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Definitely! :laugh: or if I've generally just had a long day and all I want to do is cuddle up on the sofa, I'll rush through things such as combing my hair.

Long_Curls
November 12th, 2011, 06:13 AM
That is why I detangle only with my fingers and always working through the difficult section, NEVER pulling.

You can cause damage to the follicles by pulling hard (traction alopecia) which can cause irreversible damage. Use some conditioner or oil and use the fingers, it works perfect for my curls so it will work even smoother for straight/wavy hair.

Freckled.Thing
November 12th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I've done this too. Especially if I'm tired or in a rush as well as being in a bad mood.

Lostsoule77
November 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I used to kind of do this in the mornings. I'm nowhere close to a morning person and I'm usually rushing and annoyed. I'd grab my brush and rush through, though not quite as violently as what you're saying. :) Once I found LHC I switched to only combing and most of that is with my fingers. Makes it easier to work through the knots when you find them as opposed to ripping them out.

Good luck with finding a way to rid this out of your routine. :D

Avital88
November 12th, 2011, 08:30 AM
i dont brush when im angry, i will only get more upset afterwards

Amiblue
November 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM
i dont brush when im angry, i will only get more upset afterwards

Ditto. If I do that, I turn into a puff ball and then can't do anything with it at all. Not worth getting even more upset over.

jacqueline101
November 12th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I used to do the same thing. I would be more upset when I realized I tore up my hair.

PlainLight
November 12th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I have the same problem when I'm late for work. :oops:

Amber_Maiden
November 12th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Oh yes, or if I'm really really tired. Bad habits...

sisi33
November 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Yep, I do this (though not as violently) when I'm frustrated. I've found, like others, that if I use mostly my fingers, I don't do as much damage to my hair. B
I also try to do it why I actually have the time to concentrate on my hair, versus doing when I'm preoccupied.

moon2dove
November 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I never touch my hair if I'm in a bad mood, because I know I would do some serious damage :)

Monkey962
November 12th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I find that detangling can be a very calming process. It's very meticulous, repetitive, and you're working towards a goal of having detangled, silky hair. I guess I'm the exact opposite then, I use detangling as a means to calm down and relax.

KwaveT
November 12th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I don't think I would be angry enough to rip my hair out. In that case, I would not be in any kind of mood to be doing it to begin with. General added stress or irritation would make me less patient going through the process and end up accidentally pulling too hard with comb on a tangle.

Plumeria
November 12th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Traction alopecia sounds scary :shock:.
I have the same problems with combing while I am angry.

owlathena
November 13th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I rip the rush through if I'm tired or late for something. I'm sorry hair!

Lici1209
November 13th, 2011, 08:19 PM
You aren't alone! That's why I now try to detangle often when I'm just watching a tv show so then I can't angrily do it later :P

bbvt
November 14th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I do this when I'm really tired and then I get grumpy because if I don't comb my hair it'll end up a tangled mess..

longhairedlady
November 14th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Umm I would straight up leave my hair uncombed before I started ripping through it. In fact i would throw something across the room before I ripped my hair up! NO WAY!!!!

Chetanlaiho
November 14th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I try not to detangle my hair when I'm in a hurry just because, well snap snap snap xD

jojo
November 14th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Ive done this in the past too!

BlazingHeart
November 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I'm a little quicker, a little rougher when I'm frustrated. Fortunately, my hair is silky and tough enough that I only get a few snapped strands - I'd say less than 5 - even when I'm in one of those moods. I actually am more likely to cause myself twinges of pain as individual hairs get pulled than to break hairs - they're too dang strong!

I find putting relaxing music on, waiting 5 minutes, and THEN starting on my hair helps me to be more gentle.

RedBlue
November 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I've never combed my hair while angry! I have, though, brushed the back of it and broke my necklace! My poor necklace!! It had to be fixed twice! When it broke the third time, the guy at the repair shop suggested a stronger chain, which I got!:)