PDA

View Full Version : Help: Bangs

SarahKayfa
November 12th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Well I needed a change, so I gave myself a cut and color. I added some bangs and gave myself a little 1/2" trim. I think it looks healthy and shiny, but there's a problem:

After I washed the color out, removed my makeup and put on my pajamas and glasses, I realized something- I look about 12 years old. In fact this is the hair I had when I was 12.

Obviously, this just won't do. I was going for a kind of 60's french girl look, or like a Zooey Deschanel bang. I feel like I've missed the mark a little, probably because my hair has no body at all and is naturally stick straight. Any ideas how I can sexify my style before my man gets home in a couple of days?

I posted some pics to my album. My hair is still wet in them. Please excuse the no makeup if you care to take a peek.

Kristin
November 12th, 2011, 02:32 AM
The only suggestion I would have is to cut some face-framing layers, but I love layers. :)

While the bangs are very "cute" (a word I would use to describe most bangs), I don't think you look 12 at all. It probably just reminds you of that cut you had at 12, making you feel like you look that age again.

CurlyCap
November 12th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I don't think you look like a kid at all! It really matches the shape of our face and looks very sophisticated.

It reminds me of the movies where some hot shot always calls in his secretary, and instead of a secretary this bombshell in a pencil skirt, stilettos and a blouse walks in. Sharp bangs, sometimes an updo, and always ready to kick ass.

I like it!

Libbylou
November 12th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I like your new do. You left the bangs long enough so they could be styled in different ways. Like curled and side swept, even pined back. I think it looks very French.

longhairedlady
November 12th, 2011, 04:10 AM
I love your bangs. It was the look I was going for when I screwed my hair up. I cut about a huge thick layer about an inch above my eyebrows. The only thing I can suggest if you dont like yours is to invest in clips and barrettes! But I personally like your new look, it looks very modern to me! :)

newbeginning
November 12th, 2011, 05:05 AM
I like your new cut and bangs. You just have a young looking face. If you want you can put some layers around your face to make it more "grown up" looking.

aney
November 12th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Love you're bangs!

Your whole look is very chic and there's no way you look 12. I'd keep it just the way it is, if I were you!

Sahar24
November 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I like it and I think it will look even better when it gets a little longer. I think full, eye-skimming bangs are definitely very sexy!

Orangerthanred
November 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hmmm. 1960s look? Like Pattie Boyd? http://legacyentries.weheartit.netdna-cdn.com/20080621142121.jpg

I guess you could slightly part your bangs in the middle, like her.

moon2dove
November 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I don't think you look 12 I think you look very chic indeed!

When I see your avatar pic, I think you have your hair in a bun with lots of curls :)

Yozhik
November 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I don't think the bangs make you look young. They look very nice. :)

If you wanted to, perhaps you could try sweeping them to the side a bit? Maybe that'll change it up so that you don't think it looks too much like your hair when you were 12.

Amber_Maiden
November 12th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I don't think you look like a kid. You look young, but thats a good thing.

Gypsygirl
November 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I don't think you look like a kid at all but if you want a less blunt and graphic look take your bangs, pull them down in front of your face, and make sure they are even...then hold your scissors with the ends pointing up (perpendicular to the line of your bangs) and cut into the bangs. Start at the center and cut outward until you reach the middle of your eyebrows in small, short increments. Don't cut straight across. Cutting into the bangs will allow for a much more natural finish. I cut my own bangs like that in between hair appointments all the time and really like this method. Oh and only trim a tiny little bit this time- your bangs are not too long and you don't want to go too short!

Hope that helps... but you do look completely ok! Just put on some make-up, make sure your hair is nice and shiny and show off your new look! :)

GlennaGirl
November 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Sekseh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't look 12 years old and it's funny that you said you were going for a chic "French" look b/c that's the very first thing when I saw the pic, LOL! "Oh wow, Paris!" (Not that I've ever been there.)