PDA

View Full Version : CO has made my hair so soft!!

jenjen10
November 11th, 2011, 09:45 PM
With winter coming (and drier air which translates into dry, flyaways for me usually) I decided to try CO-ing... I have been doing it for a week and tonight I can't stop touching my hair because it is so soft! :cheese: It is in an updo but I keep running my hands over my head and even made my daughter come over and feel it (and she agreed with how wonderful it feels). Think I might have to keep this up!! Just had to share...

mommyof2boys
November 11th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Cowashing is awesome. My hair is so much softer for it.

supercupcakexx
November 12th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I've been CO washing for about a month and a half (-ish?) now, and I have to say, I LOVE it! My hair is so soft and shiny. It's great :D

Avital88
November 12th, 2011, 12:17 AM
my hair always gets so greasy! but i only tried it 3 times for max 3 weeks,, you didnt have a transitioning phase??if i hear this kind of stories it makes me wanna try it again.

PeachyWavy
November 12th, 2011, 01:06 AM
I've been COing for nearly seven months now, and believe me- the effect lasts!

I didn't have a transition phase either, although I was expecting one! Having said that, I use the Curly Girl method of CO washing, and I tried the LHC method and that wasn't effective for me. Just food for thought :D

owlathena
November 12th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I COed for about 6 months. It was ok, but I didnt have much volume and I've found that my hair prefers to be shampooed once a week.

Tizzles
November 12th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I've just started CO washing about 2 weeks ago I think, and I could tell a difference after the first 3 days. I CO about 3 times a week, I used to wash my hair daily just using regular SLS free shampoo but now that I CO 3 times a week I only have to use SLS free shampoo once a week on my hair. I'm loving it so far, my scalp doesn't get as oily, my hair is shiny and soft and even though my hair is finer it doesn't weigh it down at all, but I make sure to rinse it out really well.

In short my routine is: CO 3x/week. Pre-poo oil (coconut or dabur amla) diluted shampoo then condition. My hair loves me again. Thanks to the LHC <3

Tizzles
November 12th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I don't have an edit feature yet..but I wanted to add that since starting CO my psoriasis is gone. I don't think it's cured you know but it's definitely in it's own little state of remission. Also, no dandruff or itchy scalp. Because my hair is fine and it's cold outside I've been letting my hair dry after washes about halfway on it's own then I'll give it a short blast with the dryer, but I keep it far away from my hair, always keep it moving and don't use maximum heat. Normally I just use the cold air button because I'm afraid of damaging it. I've been trying to not use styling products or heat on my hair for the last month and I must say with everything that I've learned from the LHC my hair is growing like a weed..inch and a half in the last month alone. And all I'm doing is what I listed. I did get some Monistat-7 though and I'm going to try it, but that's for another thread. Sorry for being long winded!

jenjen10
November 12th, 2011, 07:55 AM
my hair always gets so greasy! but i only tried it 3 times for max 3 weeks,, you didnt have a transitioning phase??if i hear this kind of stories it makes me wanna try it again.

I haven't had a transition phase (other than really loving my hair right now! LOL)... however, I should note that my hair and scalp tend to be dry. I could probably go weeks without water touching my hair and it still would not get greasy. I really only wash to remove product that has built up.

I think that is why CO is working so well for me... I really don't need to "strip" anything from my hair. I just want to get the hairspray I use on my bangs out... this seems to work! :cheese:

moon2dove
November 12th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I agree. I Co wash and my hair loves it every time :)

Bulbus
November 12th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I've been CO washing for six months and I really love it too. I didn't have a transition phase from regular shampoo to CO. I CO wash every other day and my fine hair is bouncier and shinier than I have ever seen it before. Also, my ends seem a lot less dry since I started CO washing = no need to have them cut as often as I used to - yay:cheese:

Bandia Rua
November 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I have been a CO washer on and off for years now. When I first tried it I had an awful transition phase, I was using someone elses method from LHC a million years ago. This method involved putting the conditioner all over my scalp and hair and leaving it on for several minutes then adding water and scrubbing it around the scalp and then rinsing.

Then I tried the curly girl method for wavy hair, which if I remember correctly is very mildly adding a tiny bit of conditioner to your scalp and scrubbing it a bit and then rinsing mildly. That was ok, but I still felt like my hair could be a bit on the greasy side.

Now I have experimented around to finding my own way of doing this which is simply I put conditioner on my scalp and hair and add a little water and immediately start the scrubbing process. It gets a tiny bit sudsy and I just judge by the feel if my scalp feels like I got its gummy layer(very technical term..lol) loosened. Then I rinse and rinse and rinse. My hair combs out very well no tangles and is so very soft and shiny. I tend to do this on a daily to every other day basis. The biggest thing Ive noticed is that my hair does not seem like its thinning on the top at all. :cheese:

JuneBride
November 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I am addicted to CO washing! It's probably the single most inportant tip I have ever learned at the LHC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SunnyRainStorm
November 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I am going to have to try CO washing. Now off to research more threads on this.....

krazykirsty07
November 13th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I've been CO washing for a week and my hair feels softer but i reeeeally want to wash with shampoo even though my hair isn't dirty or oily, it's just breaking the habit!

jenjen10
November 13th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I've been CO washing for a week and my hair feels softer but i reeeeally want to wash with shampoo even though my hair isn't dirty or oily, it's just breaking the habit!

I will probably wash with shampoo once every few weeks to clarify... although I am not sure if that is necessary or not.

Lostsoule77
November 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I will probably wash with shampoo once every few weeks to clarify... although I am not sure if that is necessary or not.

I'm pretty sure you would only need to do that if you are using a coney conditioner. That or using products in your hair. If neither of those are the case then I don't think you need to clarify. HTH :)

jenjen10
November 15th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure you would only need to do that if you are using a coney conditioner. That or using products in your hair. If neither of those are the case then I don't think you need to clarify. HTH :)

I use hairspray and product on my bangs so I do have to wash occasionally due to product buildup on them... if I didn't do that, I could probably go forever without washing since my hair and scalp tend to be dry!

PinkyCat
November 15th, 2011, 11:45 AM
:cheer:Yay for CO washing!:cheer:

I've been doing it for a year and 3 months and my hair has never been so wonderful. Soft, shiny, healthy, hydrated, obedient. Best thing I've ever done for my hair!