PDA

View Full Version : Special hair sighting!

Cinnamon.locks
July 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hi, sorry for taking the space but had to share. Today at the market i saw a 8 year old little girl with knee length braids! I was so amazed to see the shine and how healthy and beautiful it looked plus the length. i had to approach and compliment the mom and little girl. they got a bit flushed but were very nice and happy for the compliment. then i realized the mother's bun was hugely thick and with a smile she loosened the bun and her hair was also knee length. she told me her routine and thanked me for the compliment and when i told her i wished to have her length she told me to keep at it and never lose hope. she said "just take good care of it, pamper it and love it and your hair will be healthy enough to grow to whatever lengths it can." we smiled, talked for a bit more and then said goodbye.

I was so happy to see someone at hometown with such healthy, long hair when i usually see much shorter, BSL or shorter hair.

Just had to share. gave me new hopes for my dream length.

chainedangel
July 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
How wonderful! Please tell us her routine. Isn't it awesome to meet longhaired people close to home?

VanillaTresses
July 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM
That is awesome! I would love to know her routine as well if it isn't a secret/divulging too much! :) Where I live right now I almost never see very long hair.

coppercurls
July 7th, 2008, 09:38 PM
That is great!:cheese:

Cinnamon.locks
July 7th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Of course it's not a secret, as far as i know.

Her routine is amazingly simple. Wash twice a week with rose castille soap ( anyone know where to get it? she said she got it from Spain, but where to get it in the U.S.? ) condition with L'oreal mega moisture treatment conditioner ( she started using this treatment condish when her hair reached Tailbone length.) leaving it on for 15 minutes while bathing, rinse with cool or cold water, comb wet and add a mix of almond oil and cocoa butter on combed, wet hair and comb again. then she puts it in a bun if she is going out or simply let's it air dry when at home. and adds a small amount of oil and cocoa butter mix every night to hair from nape to ends before going to bed.

very easy right? i also did invite her to join TLHC.

Miss Murphy
July 7th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I don't know about rose castille, but Chagrin Valley offers a calendula castille soap (http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com/soapbars.htm#SOAP%20SELECTIONS).

Angellen
July 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Oh, how neat! The rose castille soap is very intriguing to me, as I've been looking all over for good rose hair soap.

They sound perfectly lovely, too. I'm glad to hear you had such a lovely experience. :flower:

SweetPea88
July 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Oh, what a wonderful experience to have! I would also love to find a nice rose hair soap, that would be perfect! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Bucatini
July 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
That is a wonderful thing for mom and daughter to share! And nice to run into someone (two someones!) out in your town with healthy hair and a simple routine. Hope she/they join us!

I know Dr. Bronner's has a rose castile soap. My health food store only carries the liquids but I seem to remember seeing a bar somewhere in my travels...

Cinnamon.locks
July 9th, 2008, 01:22 AM
yep it is great to see people with such simple routines and great long hair. i've met several people men and women with extra long ( below waist.) hair. My ex boyfriend had waist length red hair and i adored it, used to cuddle and wrap his hair around my neck.

then a few months ago i met one woman who had classic length curly hair and bleached! *shudder* I can never understand how people who use such damaging stuff can still have very long hair and it looks healthy and shiny. weird.

i barely am able to henna my hair twice a year and it still gets somewhat dry and damaged if i neglect it for a few days. i guess it's how fine and delicate my hair is and the damage that it suffered years ago before i started caring properly for it. i could never go bald and start over with brand new hair, so cut shoulder length and started caring for it as best as i could and it still gets weird when i leave it braided for more than 6 days.

but keep loving and pampering it and hoping it will sooner or later respond better.