PDA

View Full Version : When will my hair stop badly shedding?

DarkBeauty
November 11th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Was very anemic in august, but now i've been treated for it and my iron levels are normal at 13 or so. But my hair is still continuing to shed like mad like it did when i was anemic :(

Wondering if anyone else has been anemic and how long did it take for the shedding to stop?

MungoMania
November 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Illness related hair loss can take anywhere from 6 to 18 months to correct. If your iron levels are okay, perhaps your thyroid and vitamin B12 levels should be checked. It could be something other than anemia at this point making your hair continue to shed. In adequate protein levels etc.

pixistixx
November 11th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Iron levels need to be at least 40 before the shedding stops... long time anemic here lol! I use nioxin conditioner to stop the shedding.. it contains iron as one of the ingredients I believe. hair follicles are pretty much the last place that gets the nutrients, so topical treatments would be a quicker fix in the meantime.... keep working on upping your levels :)

bethh732
November 11th, 2011, 04:44 PM
My mother has anemia, and she's having the exact same problem, it started falling out, around the end of September, and it's still going, it's getting really thin now though, :(