PDA

View Full Version : Finally made waist :)

~BoHemiAngel~
November 10th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Feels like it took me FOREVER with my wurly, slow-growing hair, but I made it to waist (I think!) in a little over a year from "almost-bsl" length. :cheese:

Here's my starting length in September of 2010:
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/hburgy/015640x480.jpg

And here's my hair length pic now (well, the pic's from the end of October 2011):
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/hburgy/Photo0224640x480.jpg

And one more pic of wurlies from the front, just for fun (gotta love the flash for shine! :cool: )
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x322/hburgy/2011_0819newimport0031640x480.jpg

I can't even tell you how many times I got so fed up with my hair that I nearly chopped it all off, but I am SO grateful for this forum for all of the tips and encouragement from you guys!! :inlove: Thank you SOOOO much!!

Now on to HIP!!!! :D

Quetiepi
November 10th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is very pretty, I love the color!

Freckled.Thing
November 10th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Wow, congratulations! I love your curl pattern. Gorgeous. :inlove:

Maverick494
November 10th, 2011, 06:10 PM
You call that slow? It took me 3 years to get the same progress! (But then I was growing out heavily bleached and damaged hair.) At this rate you're going to be at TB next year! I love how it looks!

Lildove
November 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Congrats!!!! Gorgeous hair too.

MissCoco
November 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Yay, congrats!! :cheese: :toast: Your hair looks so much more healthy! It's really lovely!

Automne
November 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Congratulations!!Your wurls are beautiful!

AngelDella
November 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Beautiful! How do you get those wurls? Do you just air dry and they dry like that, or do you help them along...like damp bun or something? I want my hair to look like that! :)

~BoHemiAngel~
November 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Thank you guys for the generous compliments- you are so sweet!! :flower:

Angeldella, the "secret" to my wurlies (which i learned about on here, so I'm happy to pass this on to you) is a product called "Curl Enhancing Smoothie" by Shea Moisture. http://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp?Ntt=curl+enhancing+smoothie&x=0&y=0 (You can find it for $10 bucks at Walgreens or Target.)

I apply a small amount to the length of my hair after washing & towel drying, and then scrunch the ends and let air dry. It's made with 100% natural ingredients and it smells SO YUMMY! But be careful of using too much or it could cause build-up quickly. I find I need to clarify once a week or so using this product. But my hair LOVES it!! You have a little bit less of a curl pattern than I do at a 2a, so applying some of this and then pincurling or damp bunning would help achieve wurls like mine. Good luck! <3

julliams
November 10th, 2011, 06:32 PM
To me, your hair is perfect. I absolutely love the curl pattern!

Slinks
November 10th, 2011, 06:38 PM
very pretty hair !! so shiny and wurly :-) beautiful colour, congrats !!

<3OnHerSleeve
November 10th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Congratulations! that's amazing growth for one year!!!

dulce
November 10th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Congrats!!It is gorgeous.

owlathena
November 10th, 2011, 07:04 PM
beautiful! congrats!

blondie9912
November 10th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Oh my gosh your curl pattern is just BEAUTIFUL! Not too curly, but it has a lovely bounce to it. I love your hair! And just over a year isn't that long at all to reach waist from BSL! Did you trim at all?

Yozhik
November 10th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Wonderful progress! Congratulations. :flowers:

I really like the way your hair looks, and it seems we have quite similar stats/textures. :)

Macaroni
November 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Not only is it longer, I think it's thicker too!

dRummie
November 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Agreed with everything in the thread, your wurls are beautiful. Congrats on the great progress!

Hotrox
November 10th, 2011, 07:36 PM
in a year :agape: all that growth, amazing!

It looks beautiful too, and just what I wish my hair would do, but it won't.

gthlvrmx
November 10th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Congratulations!!!! It looks so pretty!

Nae
November 10th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Need I say more?

Rocket22
November 10th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Awe it looks fantastic! I needed to see this thread. I'm soooo fed up with bsl it seems like waist is taking forever!

jeanniet
November 11th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Congratulations! I know, those wurlies just make it seem to take forever. Your hair is looking really good! :)

kanaka
November 11th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Congrats! your is so beautiful :)

ingvild
November 11th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Gorgeous! Also, it looks like pretty fast progress to me! :) Well done.

bunzfan
November 11th, 2011, 08:30 AM
It looks beautiful congratulations, i am very jealous i am still not quite there oh the waiting is driving me insane.

Lapin
November 11th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Pretty pretty! It keeps getting prettier as it gets longer too!
We have sort of similar hair wurls - I'm going to pick up the Shea Smoothie product you mentioned (if I'm not allergic to anything in it).
Does it help with the frizz?

jujube
November 11th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Wow. Just wow. I think you have the most beautiful wurl pattern.

Rhodugune
November 11th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Just gorgeous! :inlove:
I love your texture, lovely lovely curls!

isabelx
November 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
You literally have my dream hair!

Mayflower
November 11th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Damn, that's some fast growth girl.

Mythica
November 11th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Gorgeous! Congratulations! :D

RedBlue
November 11th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Congratulations!!!:)

Nix
November 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Wow, congrats!

jojo
November 11th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I love your wurly waist length hair WOW!

Amber_Maiden
November 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Congrats! :D

akuamoonmaui
November 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM
pretty, pretty, pretty! What's next?

Fairytale
November 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I had to do a double take!!!

Thats some Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat progress.

I love how the texture evolves with the lenght change! Beautiful color!

~BoHemiAngel~
November 11th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Aw! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You guys are making me blush with all your sweetness! :o So here's some answers for the questions that were asked...

Oh my gosh your curl pattern is just BEAUTIFUL! Not too curly, but it has a lovely bounce to it. I love your hair! And just over a year isn't that long at all to reach waist from BSL! Did you trim at all?
Thanks!! And yes, I had one "big trim" of 2" when I absolutely couldn't stand my stringy ends anymore, then a little microtrim, and then about 1 more inch taken off this summer. So looking back, I guess that's actually not a bad growth at all with 3" trimmed off, too! ;) It just FEELS really slow, ya know??

Awe it looks fantastic! I needed to see this thread. I'm soooo fed up with bsl it seems like waist is taking forever!
I feel your pain, girl! For the past two years I kept trying to trim my hair to maintain the hemline and THEN grow it out long, but it seems the last 2" just shrivel up and break no matter what I do, so I'm going about it the other way around now- grow it and put up with the stringy ends! Good luck on your hair growing journey... you'll be to waist before you know it!!

We have sort of similar hair wurls - I'm going to pick up the Shea Smoothie product you mentioned (if I'm not allergic to anything in it).
Does it help with the frizz?
It does!! After shampooing and towel-drying, I add just a touch of sesame oil to the ends of my hair to further tame those unruly bits at the end, and then apply the Curl Smoothie product on top of that... but any oil of your choosing would probably do the trick. Just remember to clarify! :thumbsup:

pretty, pretty, pretty! What's next?
Thanks so much!! My next goal is probably waist length with a healthy hemline- this pic is probably a little deceiving, cuz I cheated and wore a dark shirt ;) but the last 2-3" of my hair are actually quite see-through. I would love to have a thick hemline at waist within the next 6 months or so! After that, it's on to hip!! :hollie:

Again, thank you for all of your sweet compliments to those I didn't respond to personally! You guys are so amazing!!!!! :heartbeat

Lostsoule77
November 12th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I too love the curls and color. And that is some great growth with all that trimming mixed in! Good luck on attaining your next goal. :D

Do you know if that Shea smoothie is cone free? I'm not yet, but I'm moving that way and prefer all my new products to be cone free. I used to use mousse to attain those curls and I'm hesitant to do that now. Finding a new product that does the same thing and allows me to be nicer to my hair would be great! :)

heartgoesboom
November 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM
i love your curls!

iszolda111
November 12th, 2011, 03:34 PM
wow, looks alot like my hair, except much longer. Happy for you! It looks beautiful

Maraz
November 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM
wow, looks alot like my hair, except much longer. Happy for you! It looks beautiful

Beautiful hair, and I wish mine grew that fast!

honeybunny_1996
November 12th, 2011, 03:57 PM
wow your hair is just gorgeous :)

~BoHemiAngel~
November 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! I too love the curls and color. And that is some great growth with all that trimming mixed in! Good luck on attaining your next goal. :D

Do you know if that Shea smoothie is cone free? I'm not yet, but I'm moving that way and prefer all my new products to be cone free. I used to use mousse to attain those curls and I'm hesitant to do that now. Finding a new product that does the same thing and allows me to be nicer to my hair would be great! :)

Thanks so much! And yes, the Curl Enhancing Smoothie is totally cone free, and would be perfect for your curls :D Here's a list of the ingredients:

Water, Shea butter, coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, mango seed butter, avocado oil, vegetable glycerin, aloe, silk protein, ammonium salt, neem seed oil, carrot seed oil, sorbitol esters, vitamin B-5, caprylyl glycol, essential oil blend, honeysuckle flower extract, and vitamin E.

The trick with this stuff is that a little goes a long way. I use an amount about the size of a nickel on the length of my waist-length hair. Using more makes it look weighed-down and gunky.

They also have other products in their hair line, and I think they have a similar hair-mask product without protein in it, as well. Just search "Shea Moisture hair products" in Google and you will find it. :grin:

Elia
November 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Looks amazing! I started in september and have similarish hair to you, about the same length when I started as well. This gives me hope! :D :D

Lostsoule77
November 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks so much! And yes, the Curl Enhancing Smoothie is totally cone free, and would be perfect for your curls :D Here's a list of the ingredients:

Water, Shea butter, coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, mango seed butter, avocado oil, vegetable glycerin, aloe, silk protein, ammonium salt, neem seed oil, carrot seed oil, sorbitol esters, vitamin B-5, caprylyl glycol, essential oil blend, honeysuckle flower extract, and vitamin E.

The trick with this stuff is that a little goes a long way. I use an amount about the size of a nickel on the length of my waist-length hair. Using more makes it look weighed-down and gunky.

They also have other products in their hair line, and I think they have a similar hair-mask product without protein in it, as well. Just search "Shea Moisture hair products" in Google and you will find it. :grin:

Thank you! I'm going to look for that real soon then. :) I just love this site and everyone on it! It is such a great resource with an amazing bunch of people. :D

starshade
November 13th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Wow! This is so inspiring as I'm new here. Very pretty curls/wurls esp in front!

krazykirsty07
November 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Your hair looks beautiful!!