PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think an A-Line Haircut Could Work For Me?

ElvenArchess
November 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM
So I'm probably going to get an A-line haircut soon, and I'd like your guys' input beforehand. I've received mostly positive feedback when I ask people, but when it comes to honesty, members of the internet are experts at not beating around the bush. I've posted a few pictures of myself at different angles so you can get an idea of my face shape, then I followed with some examples of my desired haircut. What do you guys think, will it work, in your opinion? Note I'm not basing my decision entirely on your responses, it's just some extra input to consider before running off and getting all my hair chopped off. c:

Here's me at a...front view (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/senashii/1006111025-1.jpg?t=1318049951)...(sort of) a side view (http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/62947_10150260686800038_661970037_14893772_6467550 _n.jpg]side%20view)...and finally, an awkward angle (http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/155256_10150326293325038_661970037_16074635_281617 9_n.jpg).
Now, this is the cut I want; specifically, the layering (http://hairstyle.host22.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/New-Hairstyle-1.jpg), with this style (http://www.scene-hairstyles.com/images/hair4-11_jpg111111.jpg) but with less "scene"-ness, and this length (http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/52809/dscf1511ul1.jpg).

I think the cut should go well with my facial structure (at least I hope so). Thanks guys! I know it's a lot of links but I didn't want to turn this into a twenty-minute loading page for those of you who might have crappy internet. XD

Diamond.Eyes
November 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I think it would look really cute! You and my sister have a similar face shape, and she has an a-line cut and she looks gorgeous! I think it would look really good with your face shape! :)

turtlelover
I think that if you are totally sure you'd like it, you should go for it -- it would look nice, but remember, those A line cuts are a pain in the butt to grow out. (Been there, done that!)

hendricks82
First off may start off by saying that you are gorgeous and could rock out any hairstyle you wanted.

Me personally I don't like the A-line cut. Especially when it is done with hair that long. The chin length in the front is not so bad, but I think that below shoulder is just too much of an angle.

and I finish with... you are lovely and so is your hair. If you have the spunk to pull this off and it is what you want then go for it. It's your hair afterall!

Hotrox
November 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Let me see if I got this right, you want an A-line bob that is also quite heavily and choppily layered?

I'm thinking it'll require a lot of styling on a daily basis to maintain, do you have the time/motivation for that?

Amber_Maiden
November 9th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I think it would definitely suit you! :)

FrozenBritannia
November 9th, 2011, 08:20 PM
IMO, I think your hair is too thin to pull off all those layers. :( I like the cut tho and think it will suit you.

Kathie
November 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I think it would look great! Just be prepared for the grow out blues. I had a style very similar to the second one you posted- a little less layering. It was still a pain to grow out. But! It did grow, and we should all have fun with our hair :cheese:

battles
November 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I think your face is so elven looking, long and free flowing hair would suit you so well.

Personally, I'm not a fan of that style of cut, but I hope you love whatever you choose to do. :D

jujube
November 9th, 2011, 08:23 PM
IMO, I think your hair is too thin to pull off all those layers. :( I like the cut tho and think it will suit you.

I would also be careful not to overdo the layers, but overall the cut would look very nice!

ElvenArchess
November 9th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Diamond.Eyes - Thank you!

turtlelover - Same here about the growing out thing.. I became obsessed with waist-length hair after joining this forum only to get a few tips on hair care (lol!), but realized that's just too much hair for me! I wouldn't be able to stand it. But I'm good with patience and my hair is past bust length already and it grows fast so I'm not worried. I love the hairstyle. c:

hendricks82 - Aw, thankies! ^^ It's okay, everyone has a couple hairstyles in their memory that just drive them crazy, but ever since I watched Aeon Flux I've been in love with the haircut, just not so extremely thin and greasy haha.

Hotrox - Honestly, yes. I spend about five minutes on my makeup in the morning, leaving plenty of time for hairstyling, and I have lots of patience with hairstyling.

ElvenArchess
November 9th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I think your face is so elven looking, long and free flowing hair would suit you so well.

Personally, I'm not a fan of that style of cut, but I hope you love whatever you choose to do. :D
~Glittery eyes~
Elven... I love that word, and that's my favorite fantasy race, so thank you, that means a lot to me. c: I have the long, flowing hair already (it's not bad :D) and I'm not getting my hair cut until it's at my waist so all of my hair after that cut will be virgin quality.

spidermom
November 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Well, usually I think of LHC as a place to encourage each other to avoid the temptation to cut and grow on. But if a cut is what you want, that one is as good as any.

Demetrue
November 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
You definitely have the facial structure to carry off any hairstyle you want! Only thing is that your hair is typed as 1c, which can get wavy and change the look of an A-line depending upon the way your hair dries on any given day.

Yozhik
November 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I think an A-line would look really good on you, but I'm not so crazy about the choppy layers.
That's just my personal preference, though. :flower:

ghilliegirl_an
November 9th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I think it would look good with your facial structure, as others have said you have the face shape that can pull off anything. I'm with others that also would be weary of that many layers in wavy hair(1c is wavy right?) just because after cutting short and lots of layers there could be potential poof/wonkiness. If I was you I would get the cut with a few layers and see what it looked like a week after being cut or so and then get more in if desired, you can always cut more but you can't get it back.

missdelarocha
November 10th, 2011, 03:42 AM
From what I've experienced, everybody wants an a line and they (including me) get bored of it SO quickly, I just don't think it's versatile enough.. When I try to imagine what would look best on you I think long hair, I'm not really biased as I find other haircuts appealing as well, then again people have to go through changes with all things in life!
:twocents: