PDA

View Full Version : Look at her hair!

Aimskylove
November 9th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Okay so I have decided that I am going to take polynesian dance classes when I move to Hawaii in Jan. I have always wanted to, dont know how but I sure know how to move my hips lol. I feel like I will have a more legit instructor over there. Anyways, I was looking up videos and found this one. Look at the girl in the middle. Her hair is so long and beautiful! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHBURHb3rUM

Violettwin
November 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I love the way her hair moves as she dances :) I also like the little girl in the red dress dancing - cute! Good luck in your move to Hawaii - you will have to post some photos, it sounds exotic (i'm in rainy grey UK) x

redmj
November 9th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I took a one session class when I went there several years ago. It really isn't as hard as it looks. It is an amazing workout though. Have fun with it.

Madora
November 9th, 2011, 01:22 PM
She has a glorious head of hair! Thanks for posting.

AnnaJamila
November 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Ooooooooooooooooh pretty! :)

spidermom
November 9th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I tried, but it was too hard to stop looking at the men!

Amber_Maiden
November 9th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Wow! It's beautiful!

Ishje
November 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I think they all have gorgeous hair, but hers is certainly long, and it looks so healthy too :D

Slinks
November 9th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I love this dancing - it's a shame that they have changed from straw/grass skirts to fabric, the hair is gorgeous !! like Spidermom I watched the men too .. I would love to do the men's dance, that would be so good for the thighs !!

anyway good luck on your move :-) and your hunt for a dvd ..

Aimskylove
November 9th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Haha spidermom I agree, they are hard to ignore. lol But I love that long hair is normal in Hawaii. Her hair just grabs all of the attention. So long and healthy, but when I think about it I have never really seen anyone with long and unhealthy hair in hawaii when I visit. Funny thing is my hair seems to grow every time we go there. I usually go for two weeks and come back with a half inch or more of growth lol. They still do wear straw/grass skirts. They wear both :)

Aimskylove
November 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Oh and Mahalo for the best wishes :)

Slinks
November 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM
They still do wear straw/grass skirts. They wear both :)
:-) ah, that's good to know .. whew !! had me worried there !!

HairFaerie
November 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
ALL of the women have gorgeous hair in that video! Beautiful!

Aimskylove
November 9th, 2011, 02:48 PM
:-) ah, that's good to know .. whew !! had me worried there !!

yeah lol I like those better too. they move nicer than the cloth ones.

Lielananna
November 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Haha spidermom I agree, they are hard to ignore. lol But I love that long hair is normal in Hawaii. Her hair just grabs all of the attention. So long and healthy, but when I think about it I have never really seen anyone with long and unhealthy hair in hawaii when I visit. Funny thing is my hair seems to grow every time we go there. I usually go for two weeks and come back with a half inch or more of growth lol. They still do wear straw/grass skirts. They wear both :)

We lived in Hawaii for two and a half years and my hair grew so fast, I think its the constant growing season ;). I always admired the dancers' hair when we'd go to see a hula. That video does have some seriously beautiful hair, though :).

Aimskylove
November 9th, 2011, 03:02 PM
We lived in Hawaii for two and a half years and my hair grew so fast, I think its the constant growing season ;). I always admired the dancers' hair when we'd go to see a hula. That video does have some seriously beautiful hair, though :).

Aw which island were you on if you dont mind me asking :) I also think it is the water there. My hair and body loves it every time I showered there lol

jesis
November 9th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I tried, but it was too hard to stop looking at the men!

Bahahaha I know what you mean. :eyebrows: The girl's skirts were much longer than the men's. Hehehe.

Velvet Dreamer
November 9th, 2011, 04:14 PM
You didn't even have to say which one it was; I saw her immediately. I adore the little waves she had, too.
I would love to learn to dance like that, but I've no idea where I could possibly find a teacher here.

skyblue
November 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Serious hair envy!!!! Loved the dancing too!!! Thank you!

Clelia
November 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Her long waves are simply beautiful...

moon2dove
November 10th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Gorgeous hair :)

julliams
November 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Lovely but I wonder what kind of tangling she would experience from the leaf belt - ouch!

vally
November 12th, 2011, 08:01 AM
She has beautiful hair :)

xoxophelia
November 12th, 2011, 09:08 AM
This is one of those sorts of videos that extends people's hair goals :3

Yame
November 12th, 2011, 09:07 PM
That is some inspirational hair! And great dancing, too, I love Polynesian dances.

The one small disadvantage is that you can't see her movements very well from the back, because her thick long hair hides them. The other girls also have beautiful long hair, but not long enough to hide the movements from the back.

This is the reason I'd never wanted to grow my hair past hip length in the past. I also didn't want to deal with my hair getting stuck on the embroidery on my belly dance belt, but recently I've figured what the heck... I'll give it a shot anyway and see what happens. It's not like our back is to the audience that much anyway.

Kome
November 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM
That was fun to watch, thanks. And her hair is so shiiiiiiney. :O

owlathena
November 13th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Wow! beautiful!

PixxieStix
November 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Not gonna lie, totally digging her long hair. It really is so pretty, and looks so healthy too! I wonder if it's from all the coconut oil they eat? :D Wouldn't it be fun to ask about their hair care routines?