PDA

View Full Version : Frustrations from new home in deep south

myotislucifugus
November 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hiya-
I've been away for a while because of a 2000 mile move to Southern Louisiana from CT...and my hair is quite upset...

Within two weeks of moving here, I had to hack off about 6" of hair. The chlorine in the water made my ends brittle, and they split and popped if I so much as looked at them. My ends are still see through for quite a bit of the length, and my hair fall was bloody rediculous. My braid is a third skinnier than it was before I moved.

I've been deep oiling regularly, and doing S&Ds. I've been trying to stay away from coney shampoos just because it makes my hair look much thinner, and finally broke out the shampoo bars again. I've also found a reliable henna supplier in the state and am looking forward to getting back to that again.

That said, my hair makes me sad...and it's all tangly and rough. Anyone have any hair rehabilitation suggestions other than what I've already been doing?

Hair is almost always in an updo, wooden comb...I'm wondering if my hair scissors are dull and making things worse.
Help?:rolleyes:

skyblue
November 9th, 2011, 12:09 PM
could you get one of those shower head filters?? Not really sure if it would help with chlorine, maybe do some research and maybe you can buy bottled/distilled water just for hair washing
so sorry your new home ruined your hair I wish ya the best of luck getting back to healthy hair