PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the LHC love!

jackie75
November 9th, 2011, 10:42 AM
During check out today at our local Walmart, the check out lady noticed my Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner and asked if it worked good. I told her I love it for my hair. She said her hair gets so dry at the ends. She had her hair up, so I asked her how long was it, and she turned and pointed to waist length.

I smiled and said "How awesome! I'm trying so hard to grow mine long again." My husband spoke up and told her how I cut my hair from past my butt to super short after the birth of our first son.

I mentioned that she could try oils for the ends of her hair, like olive and coconut. She seemed surprised so I went on to tell her about this awesome community and how much I've learned about hair care, and all the inspiration I get from so many ladies (and gents!) seeing their long healthy hair.

I just thought it was pretty neat and wanted to share. Who knows, she might check out this site after work! :D

jacqueline101
November 9th, 2011, 11:22 AM
That would be nice if she joined.

skyblue
November 9th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I want to tell a woman from work about us too, but I don't want her to get the wrong idea...like her thinking that I thought her hair needed help which is not the case at all, she has hip length thick hair and it's really beautiful and I think she'd enjoy it here lol!

Good for you Jackie! I hope she comes and checks us out!!

jackie75
November 10th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I want to tell a woman from work about us too, but I don't want her to get the wrong idea...like her thinking that I thought her hair needed help which is not the case at all, she has hip length thick hair and it's really beautiful and I think she'd enjoy it here lol!

Good for you Jackie! I hope she comes and checks us out!!

Thank you! You could just say this forum is for people who have, or wish for long hair. Since I've been here, even though I have failed miserably trying to get back to really long hair, most of the time, my hair has been short, but I still found wonderful encouragement! It's not only about needing help...it's about camaraderie. :)

owlathena
November 10th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Sometimes I want to tell people about LHC but I'm afraid they'll take it the wrong way, like giving someone soap for a present. I finally got my bff to join (jacquaala, she doesnt have many posts yet...)!

jacquaala
November 17th, 2011, 09:41 PM
\I finally got my bff to join (jacquaala, she doesnt have many posts yet...)!

:waving: hullo!

jackie75
November 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Sometimes I want to tell people about LHC but I'm afraid they'll take it the wrong way, like giving someone soap for a present. I finally got my bff to join (jacquaala, she doesnt have many posts yet...)!

How cool! Learning how to take care of long hair is sooo different than basic hygiene. I used to put mineral oil (baby oil) on my hair because I didn't know better....now I know of much better quality oils to use.

If one thinks they are beyond a little education, then don't even bother, is my motto, lol! But, Hello jacquaala! I hope you enjoy your stay here as much as I have!

KwaveT
November 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I tell others that I post at hair forum all the time. I notice most of them aren't interested in learning more.

Amiblue
November 18th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I tell others that I post at hair forum all the time. I notice most of them aren't interested in learning more.

Or they give you really weird looks as they quickly try to get away. :p

CaityBear
November 18th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I've passed it along alot...or at least the knowledge. lol I tell a lot of long haired people about oils and stuff for hair,etc.