PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with my stupid black mop?!

LocustSpawning
November 9th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Right.. my hair has suddenly been acting really weird.

I *think* it may be build up. I've never had a problem with greasyness (or build up, and I've used cones for years), my scalp is fairly normal, can leave it for 3-4 days before it needs another wash. Now however, it looks stringy and greasy.. THE NEXT DAY!! I have no idea why, my skin isn't oiler at all.

Here's my routine, that has worked well up until now: I put a few drops of olive oil on the ends before washing, washing with a SLS, paraben, evil free shampoo by Faith in Nature, then condition with a cheap coney conditioner by Alberto Balsam. I've had a look on the ingredients and it's got 'cyclopentasiloxane' in it, but I think that's the only cone. A quick search tells me that this is quite a light 'cone and evaporates, not likely to cause build up.

It feels fine for the first day, but feels greasy *all over* by the next day, and by the 3rd day it looks horrendous. Luckily I don't need to leave the house much lately so I can just put it up, but I miss the feeling of having clean hair.

ALSO: I used to put grapeseed oil on my ends every night and by morning it would soak up and be silky smooth - now it feels rough no matter WHAT oil I put on it. It sinks in, but it seems like it just doesn't do anything anymore.. help me!!

Jeez, sorry this post ended up so long. My hair is just really irritating the hell out of me. It's been like this for about 2 weeks roughly.

spidermom
November 9th, 2011, 06:46 AM
It could be something you're eating or not eating, too.

Go ahead and clarify, see what that does for you. A thorough washing from scalp to tips corrects a variety of ills for me.

LocustSpawning
November 9th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Aye, I didn't think of that actually.

My diet has been really, really bad lately. Why didn't I even think of that?! I'm not really eating much. I think I'm gonna try clarifying and see what happens. I hate the ends so much at the moment I'm considering cutting off some length, so I really hope this works..

LocustSpawning
November 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Well, this turned out to be a completely pointless thread. 1 reply! Ah well. I've clarified and done an SMT and am waiting for my furr to dry.

jacqueline101
November 10th, 2011, 12:10 PM
If its not working after you clarified. Your diets changed so try a hair skin and nail vitamin.