PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...

infinity_girl
November 9th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Is it possible for different strands of hair on your head to be growing at different rates? I found two loose hairs from different parts of my head and looked at the regrowth (where I can see the new hair growth against the henna I did a few weeks ago). One hair has had about 1/2 inch of growth in 2 weeks but the other strand has had virtually nothing. Is that even possible or could I not have henna'd the other strand properly?

Pixie0763
November 9th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I'm certainly no expert, but I would think it's possible.

Grillz
November 9th, 2011, 06:17 AM
My hairdresser has told me before that people's hair tends to grow faster on one side of their head

KwaveT
November 9th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Every hair on your head has its own growth rate. I know it is so on me since it seems like one side of my is growing faster than the other. I don't know if how I sleep on my head could be affecting the growth but definitely seems possible.

Orangerthanred
November 9th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Yes. My hair grows faster in the back and a bit slower in the front.

Cainwen
November 9th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Absolutely. I can see it very vividly in my bangs (fringe).

spidermom
November 9th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Every hair on your head has its own growth rate. I know it is so on me since it seems like one side of my is growing faster than the other. I don't know if how I sleep on my head could be affecting the growth but definitely seems possible.

Hey! That's what I was going to say. Plus each hair has it's own period of time that it will grow - some a few months, others for years.

embee
November 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Just like fingernails. Each is independent in growth speed.

And for hair, as spidermom says, for how long before the hair lets loose and sheds out.

Amber_Maiden
November 9th, 2011, 09:08 AM
It is possible.